Sign in to follow this  
TheInternal

Unable to access monk weekend drop increase.

Hey Trendy,

A few folks have mentioned some problems (major progression issues, various broken stuffloot issues, etc.) on the forums. Because of the already mentioned problems, the monk event is currently inaccessible to almost the entire player-base (unless, for some reason, they want to farm monk legendaries that are 25-125 iPWR below their rerolled 240 gear or down-scaled 340 gear). 

As others have already stated, I'm afraid I have to agree that this is by far the biggest step backwards DD2 has taken in terms of fun and play-ability. With it being exceedingly difficult (nearly to the point of impossible) for most players to progress in even nightmare 1, and the levels they can beat rewarding gear far below current gearing, the monk event is effectively inaccessible. 

After spending an entire afternoon trying to hit wave 2 (thinking that loot drops in wave 2) in the very first NM1 map (gates of dragonfall) in my 260-290 geared characters, I managed to get to wave 2 where a whopping zero drops occurred of any sort before being overwhelmed. The game went from being moderately too easy to being exceptionally / nearly impossibly difficult in level appropriate gearing in nightmare mode.

I hope ya'll will try to fix these issues and give the event another go once they game becomes playable.

On a side note, if ya'll are hiring some QA remote testers, I have game development experience from making two small games. I would be happy to help prevent issues like this in the future. 

Have a great labor day weekend!

The real issue is that insane difficulty doesn't loot any mythical or legendary almost. I mean in 4 maps I got 1 mythical item where in freeplay I get like 3 legendaries and 5 mythical per map.

So yes the event is not possible for 99,99% of players.

I'm really sad because I really liked the new monk build and wanted to try it out really badly :(

I've been trying various builds in NM1 first map almost all day. 

I have beat wave one zero times.

I can beat i-power 200 maps in my sleep, but i-power230 maps are devastatingly more difficult causing a stop to any progression in the game.

Well . the drop rate they said "Weekend of 9/4 - 3x Purge Evil Monk Weapon Drop Rate + 2x Legendary Drop Rate", Can i please ask what is the"rate" win 8 nm1 , got 3 legendary item.

Lets do some math:

x2 rate: 3/8 = 0.375%

Normal rate = 0.375/2 = 0.1875% 

Are you guys srsly? The phoenix event drop like crazy like **** crazy , i want to get other legendary but it all ***** drop phantom phoenix ??? SRSLY?? and now almost no drop @@ 3 legendary out of 8 map and no monk like 0 0 0 0 

Yes that is a ***** 0 

Vietnamese : Số Không 

English : Zero

Spanish: Cero

Basque: нуля

Bosnian: nula

Cebuano: ziro

Chinese: 零

Filipino: sero

French: Zéro

Greek: μηδέν

Latin: Nulla 

Japanese: ゼロ

Thai: ศูนย์

Russian: нулю

Translated 0 into different language so hope who ever it is doing the drop "rate" can understand what rate is? Or at least you guys should let we know what is the Rate.

@BigMadAngryDog quote:

Well . the drop rate they said "Weekend of 9/4 - 3x Purge Evil Monk Weapon Drop Rate + 2x Legendary Drop Rate", Can i please ask what is the"rate" win 8 nm1 , got 3 legendary item.

Lets do some math:

x2 rate: 3/8 = 0.375%

Normal rate = 0.375/2 = 0.1875% 

Are you guys srsly? The phoenix event drop like crazy like **** crazy , i want to get other legendary but it all ***** drop phantom phoenix ??? SRSLY?? and now almost no drop @@ 3 legendary out of 8 map and no monk like 0 0 0 0 

Yes that is a ***** 0 

Vietnamese : Số Không 

English : Zero

Spanish: Cero

Basque: нуля

Bosnian: nula

Cebuano: ziro

Chinese: 零

Filipino: sero

French: Zéro

Greek: μηδέν

Latin: Nulla 

Japanese: ゼロ

Thai: ศูนย์

Russian: нулю

Translated 0 into different language so hope who ever it is doing the drop "rate" can understand what rate is? Or at least you guys should let we know what is the Rate.

So I wasn't paranoid. We agree the drop event is completely bugged and there is actually no boost at all in drop rates. It almost feels like the monk legendary disappeared from the game lol.

I actually managed to get to wave 6 a couple times on nm1 and actually beat one map once. 0 legendaries maybe 2 mythicals and 0 useful items

I found, oddly, that I can still easily solo liferoot NM1... but the map rated for lowest iPWR / first in the list, I can't break past wave 2. Talk about wonky balance :(

Based on rarely seeing any legendaries (I often don't see one in ten waves), I'm thinking the event itself may be broken.