Sign in to follow this  
chesticles

[Meta] Can we stop being so negative?

I know you are fanboys.. but its fact. Every patch break alot from the Game Mechanics... and this shouldnt be... How long das they want should the "alpha" or dann, Closed Beta, and Open Beta, and Release? next 2 years? 

And because we paid some money for this. They should put some focus on other things like Fixxing or Balancing befor they put all the way new features what breaks other things.

@RedL1ne quote:

Can we stop being so negative? > No.

That doesn't fix anything or help anyone. > What should fix it? When on devstream dev cant beat NM1 with full 600 (nm4) leg gear, and they dont see issue with overnerfed items...

+100500 u right!

here's a kicker. if people wont' be angry, game won't improve as fast. 

why? if bad feature is released and people start bashing it (constructive of not), it gets job done. It has happened with trendy before, and i assume it will happen again. i've seen just as much constructive threads as just bashing ones. my positions never changed towards trendy, i tell them truth, if you've seen my threads and posts you'll know that i don't bash devs but i dont pet their head either. let's say like this, raising children is prime example of how this works. if child breaks something and parent says that it's ok, child has high chance to grow up spoiled. again, i've never bashed on devs, quite opposite. me and underlander tried to give suggestions of how communications must work with devs and community. and it was really great when iamisom noticed us, when people started to get out of control i was of those people who tried to defuse situation and ask everyone to be chill and wait for devs to answer our questions. just to add it here, i really dislike apologists, and fortunately we only have few of them here, don't be one.  I think there are lots of people like me out there, people who stopped playing DD2 for now, game already lost more than 20% of players in last 30 days. i believe if devs consider my suggestions we can avoid many many things. like bad patches, negative attitude and frustration. everything comes down to this. trendys interaction with customers. 

@-venOm- quote: I think there are lots of people like me out there, people who stopped playing DD2 for now, game already lost more than 20% of players in last 30 days. i believe if devs consider my suggestions we can avoid many many things. like bad patches, negative attitude and frustration. everything comes down to this. trendys interaction with customers. 

Are u sure, that only 20%? Check

@RedL1ne quote:

@-venOm- quote: I think there are lots of people like me out there, people who stopped playing DD2 for now, game already lost more than 20% of players in last 30 days. i believe if devs consider my suggestions we can avoid many many things. like bad patches, negative attitude and frustration. everything comes down to this. trendys interaction with customers. 

Are u sure, that only 20%? Check

I always check stats here CHECK , i've been checking it after the patch, number has increased from 18% to 23% in 2 days. 

@Bob Loblaw |Äpp|* quote:

To the OP, I applaud your attempt to bring civility to the forums.  I and a few other have attempted this as well.

It doesn't work.  The Internet has given everyone a voice,  the problem being not everyone has something to say that's worth hearing. While I understand your reasoning behind this post,  the butthurt people do not.  

In this age of "I want it now and it better be right" you can't expect people to have patience.  That's is a dying personality trait.  Blame the technology industry for that.  The world is in the palm of your hand with today's smart phones and everyone now feels like they are an expert in every field.  

I'm in my 2nd year of a bachelor's degree in computer science at the University of Florida, by no means am I an expert in video game design,  but I can write code with the best of them.  I can't begin to tell you how funny it is reading posts on here with people saying "all they have to do is change a few lines of code to fix this".

Trendy is lucky in one major aspect,  they can hire almost everyone who plays their game,  because it's full of experts who know how to make a game better than they do apparently.  Although I'd bet my left testicle not a single one of them has ever actually released a game in their life, much less written a single line of code. 

You misunderstand how the world works

Capitalism.

If a company I buy things from messes up, doesn't cater well enough, price too high, doesn't pick up the phone, too late in responding to my email - whatever.. they can fk right off because there's someone else doing a better job

"I want it now and it better be right" is damn right.  My time is valuable - do you understand how many games are out there? They're all fighting for my, and your, attention.  Why would I literally waste my time mucking around with a game that's garbage when there is a community out there doing a better job? 

Because it's the right thing to do?  Do you still use myspace because it's mean to drop them and go to facebook?  Get over yourself.  People will go to the best service/quality because it makes sense. 

"Maturity".. rofl

I can get behind giving trendy time to find their vision of the game, hell, I'm playing as we speak - I'm not condemning them.  But really, your altruistic approach to this is downright naive.  They do need to see the community up in arms at the quality of game we're currently receiving

@-venOm- quote:

I always check stats here CHECK , i've been checking it after the patch, number has increased from 18% to 23% in 2 days. 

There's only Peaks. And they can showanything.

Month ago 55-60k players were in game per day right after Loot&Survive, now only 30k...

250k game owners. And only 10% of them lauched game in last 2 weeks...

For f2p game that'd be decent stats, but DD2 isnt f2p yet.

@RedL1ne quote:

@-venOm- quote:

There's only Peaks. And they can showanything.

Month ago 55-60k players were in game per day right after Loot&Survive, now only 30k...

250k game owners. And only 10% of them lauched game in last 2 weeks...

For f2p game that'd be decent stats, but DD2 isnt f2p yet.

really? i may be wrong but i think 30k players joined the game in last 2 weeks combined. because on steamcharts there are rarely higher than 1k players a day. i think steam spy just added number of same players. i may be very wrong.

@Pachipachio quote:

@Bob Loblaw |Äpp|* quote:

To the OP, I applaud your attempt to bring civility to the forums.  I and a few other have attempted this as well.

It doesn't work.  The Internet has given everyone a voice,  the problem being not everyone has something to say that's worth hearing. While I understand your reasoning behind this post,  the butthurt people do not.  

In this age of "I want it now and it better be right" you can't expect people to have patience.  That's is a dying personality trait.  Blame the technology industry for that.  The world is in the palm of your hand with today's smart phones and everyone now feels like they are an expert in every field.  

I'm in my 2nd year of a bachelor's degree in computer science at the University of Florida, by no means am I an expert in video game design,  but I can write code with the best of them.  I can't begin to tell you how funny it is reading posts on here with people saying "all they have to do is change a few lines of code to fix this".

Trendy is lucky in one major aspect,  they can hire almost everyone who plays their game,  because it's full of experts who know how to make a game better than they do apparently.  Although I'd bet my left testicle not a single one of them has ever actually released a game in their life, much less written a single line of code. 

You misunderstand how the world works

Capitalism.

If a company I buy things from messes up, doesn't cater well enough, price too high, doesn't pick up the phone, too late in responding to my email - whatever.. they can fk right off because there's someone else doing a better job

"I want it now and it better be right" is damn right.  My time is valuable - do you understand how many games are out there? They're all fighting for my, and your, attention.  Why would I literally waste my time mucking around with a game that's garbage when there is a community out there doing a better job? 

Because it's the right thing to do?  Do you still use myspace because it's mean to drop them and go to facebook?  Get over yourself.  People will go to the best service/quality because it makes sense. 

"Maturity".. rofl

I can get behind giving trendy time to find their vision of the game, hell, I'm playing as we speak - I'm not condemning them.  But really, your altruistic approach to this is downright naive.  They do need to see the community up in arms at the quality of game we're currently receiving

@-venOm- quote:

here's a kicker. if people wont' be angry, game won't improve as fast. 

why? if bad feature is released and people start bashing it (constructive of not), it gets job done. It has happened with trendy before, and i assume it will happen again. i've seen just as much constructive threads as just bashing ones. my positions never changed towards trendy, i tell them truth, if you've seen my threads and posts you'll know that i don't bash devs but i dont pet their head either. let's say like this, raising children is prime example of how this works. if child breaks something and parent says that it's ok, child has high chance to grow up spoiled. again, i've never bashed on devs, quite opposite. me and underlander tried to give suggestions of how communications must work with devs and community. and it was really great when iamisom noticed us, when people started to get out of control i was of those people who tried to defuse situation and ask everyone to be chill and wait for devs to answer our questions. just to add it here, i really dislike apologists, and fortunately we only have few of them here, don't be one.  I think there are lots of people like me out there, people who stopped playing DD2 for now, game already lost more than 20% of players in last 30 days. i believe if devs consider my suggestions we can avoid many many things. like bad patches, negative attitude and frustration. everything comes down to this. trendys interaction with customers. 

i'm just quoting this for more people to see.