Sign in to follow this  
ķΐnĢ ƒΐ©ĸ€®

Thank you, you nail it !!! dd2 its unplayable !!!

i tried nm2 with the re rolled (again) gear.. full game, good tanks, wave 1 not ez.. wave 2 gg.

how can we get upgrades if the maps are way too hard to even snip the ogres ? 

go to nm1 isnt an option, i want better gear.. but well, its not even fun to get it, too much effort, and the loot is just... wow !!!  useless.

congratz, you finally made dd2 the worse game ever... you wanted to made it nothing like dd1 or at least no so much like it... well now it is nothing like dd1... boring and anooying to play.... 

you can at least test the game before you even patch it... but you have an idea, apply it, screw the game, hot fix it, screw the game play, fix it, screw something else, fix it, screw other things, fix it, and screw more things... 

now economy is a joke, prices went way too hight, pretty much impossible to get enough gold to use on anytning you could need, out of maps you cant even beat.  spheres. good prices !!! where can i get gold now ? 

R.I.P. dd2 fun.

I think nm 3 & 4 are supposed to be impossible atm & that they were added with incoming builds in mind unlike the last nm. So when new builds get introduced you'll be-able to get further into nm but not reach the end until they have put in enough builds. 

This would go along with their whole nm 1-3 are for getting your builds together & nm 4 is where they are put to the test, it's just we don't have said builds yet so later nm is incredibly difficult if at all possible. 

I would personally suggest for people to take a break from the game after going through campaign, free play, & end game up until you reach nm. As by then they'll have experienced all the game has to offer as there is no endgame currently. But those who do decide to try & force some sort of endgame currently probably know that they're effort will be for naught in due time either from rollbacks, wipes, or the gear getting outdated.

not just nm 3-4 .. even nm1 its impossible... so they made nm a real nm.

its just a waste of time to even try to get some gear out of nm, yesterday when i was abusing the serenity, iwith the gear from nm4, the "best" 270ish stats a piece. soloing wave 1, wasnt possible... and most of the drop from the ogre on wave 1 was crap, 

so yeah, im done for now, maybe if they find the balance ill play it again. 

@topler quote:

I think nm 3 & 4 are supposed to be impossible atm & that they were added with incoming builds in mind unlike the last nm. So when new builds get introduced you'll be-able to get further into nm but not reach the end until they have put in enough builds. 

This would go along with their whole nm 1-3 are for getting your builds together & nm 4 is where they are put to the test, it's just we don't have said builds yet so later nm is incredibly difficult if at all possible. 

I would personally suggest for people to take a break from the game after going through campaign, free play, & end game up until you reach nm. As by then they'll have experienced all the game has to offer as there is no endgame currently. But those who do decide to try & force some sort of endgame currently probably know that they're effort will be for naught in due time either from rollbacks, wipes, or the gear getting outdated.

Well I will say it's completley possible to push through NM1 and 2 legitimately.

That's all I'm going to say about that, because it's a headache and completely unfun in doing so. I for one will definitely be taking a break from playing the game, but will keep an eye on patches/forums, regardless to see what they change.

If they want Nightmare 3-4 to be impossible, and require more builds to do, they should just not open the maps in the first place. 

I still don't buy the "well NM4 should be impossible" viewpoint because that's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard as well. If you want something to be impossible, why the hell have it in the game in the first place? 

@Underlander quote:

There is almost a full day and I couldn't beat NM4. Too hard.

Eh, I don't think people are wanting to be in NM4 on the first day, but to say that there isn't some tuning flaws is quite wrong. 

NM1/2 with appropriate level gear, is doable, but it's a pain in the ass, and I don't know who in their right mind thinks it's remotely fun. Hour long 10 wave maps, to see items that are worse than the garbage *** my gear was re-rolled to, was a real kick in the face. 

If they want to make something very damned hard and take that much time, you better have rewards to back it up because the majority of the playerbase is not going to grind something for hours on end, and NOT be rewarded for the effort it takes.

@Underlander quote:

No one cares that we can't beat NM3 or NM4 yet, I saved up bags and bags and BAGS of 240+ loot so I would have a usable Hero Deck after the re-roll. All of my toons are in full appropriate 240 gear now (boosted with combining) and I can't clear the first wave of NM1, how are we suppose to progress ??? There isn't any stronger gear on NM1 map1, and I can't even finish the first wave of it, no map in insane gives a gear upgrade. The alpha patch was suppose to balance the game and make solo play more viable, it has done the complete opposite.  

Also keep in mind the people complaining had a leg up on new players who have no level 240 gear, if it's so hard and unfun for us it is going to be impossibly frustrating for them.

This is the worst patch since I started playing, I was FINE with the gear re-roll but this isn't balance its a joke.

well, as you said, its a pain to even beat  1 map with 10 waves, we give it a try, but after some tries most of us quit, it was just too hard to keep trying to reach higher waves, not saying beat the map, just higher waves.

effort + time = green/blue crap, there is 0 fun in that, and that was just to find small ups, NO thank you !

taking a break from this "balanced" game.

@Tristaris quote:

@Underlander quote:

Eh, I don't think people are wanting to be in NM4 on the first day, but to say that there isn't some tuning flaws is quite wrong. 

NM1/2 with appropriate level gear, is doable, but it's a pain in the ass, and I don't know who in their right mind thinks it's remotely fun. Hour long 10 wave maps, to see items that are worse than the garbage *** my gear was re-rolled to, was a real kick in the face. 

If they want to make something very damned hard and take that much time, you better have rewards to back it up because the majority of the playerbase is not going to grind something for hours on end, and NOT be rewarded for the effort it takes.

Same for me, I saved a lot of items for the reroll, my characters are decently geared, but NM1 is crazy hard. The game is unplayable now...

@Underlander quote:

It's not even that it's "too hard", it's extremely tedious and time consuming to do a map that gives you worse gear than what your stuff was rerolled to. This is like the mistymire patch except so much worse. 

This game is just broken. It requires players to have a lot of chars and, with the current item system those chars are only good at one thing. So if you want to solo like i do, and i know a lot of other people aswell.  You need a lot of chars and a lot of gear, just gets boring.

The balance in this game is so way of, i don't know what trendy was smoking when they came up with that idea. Seems someone has balances the game towards it still being a challange with ultra uber legendary items with all the right stats. That just plain stupid. Since if you have that kind of loot this kind of game should be as boring as watching paint dry.

After the patch I never won a nm1 game. I never went beyond wave 3 on any nm game.It came to the point where everything is so hard that there is no end game,I'm finding out that I have to force myself to play nm.It seems that you need uber spheres to even have the slightest chance of winning nm but that's ridicuously hard to get since they cost 60 tokens each and tedious to obtain, not only that you need to be way above ipwr lvl to even have the slightest of chances.I'm just going to take a break from this game let people suffer getting good gear so that I can get carried to higher tiers.

@Tempei quote:

After the patch I never won a nm1 game. I never went beyond wave 3 on any nm game.It came to the point where everything is so hard that there is no end game,I'm finding out that I have to force myself to play nm.It seems that you need uber spheres to even have the slightest chance of winning nm but that's ridicuously hard to get since they got 60 tokens each and tedious to obtain, not only that you need to be way above ipwr lvl to even have the slightest of chances.I'm just going to take a break from this game let people suffer getting good gear so that I can get carried to higher tiers.

That's the saddest attitude to adopt, by definition.

First the uber sphere isn't any hard to obtain just do your monthly quest plus daily quests and you have a free uber in no time.

Second the game is not too hard, it's finally hard and yes a strategy game requires to use your brain and have an actual strategy. It was not intended that the whole game was possible to farm with only electric aura and huntress traps, it had to change and it finally did. Just learn to play the game, do what the tutorial told you to do and you'll see the game is not impossible at all.

@Sombrero quote:

@Tempei quote:

After the patch I never won a nm1 game. I never went beyond wave 3 on any nm game.It came to the point where everything is so hard that there is no end game,I'm finding out that I have to force myself to play nm.It seems that you need uber spheres to even have the slightest chance of winning nm but that's ridicuously hard to get since they got 60 tokens each and tedious to obtain, not only that you need to be way above ipwr lvl to even have the slightest of chances.I'm just going to take a break from this game let people suffer getting good gear so that I can get carried to higher tiers.

First the uber sphere isn't any hard to obtain just do your monthly quest plus daily quests and you have a free uber in no time.

Second the game is not too hard, it's finally hard and yes a strategy game requires to use your brain and have an actual strategy. It was not intended that the whole game was possible to farm with only electric aura and huntress traps, it had to change and it finally did. Just learn to play the game, do what the tutorial told you to do and you'll see the game is not impossible at all.

I'm guessing you had a bunch of uber spheres at your disposal and maxed out 240 ipwr gear that made you think it's not too hard.My statement was made from a person who doesn't have any uber spheres who has crap gear but enough ipwr to meet the map requirements just to lose all over again.

@Sombrero quote:

Second the game is not too hard, it's finally hard and yes a strategy game requires to use your brain and have an actual strategy.

Bla Bla bla... what u can beat now? Yep i need tutor how solo play on NM3 with current gear. Even with 600 gear (which we should farm there).

If u havent enough "brain" for such tutor - dont post this ****.

@Sombrero quote:

@Tempei quote:

You're really trying way too hard to support the piss poor move trendy did.

It's not any different now, than before, its just bigger health pools, and gimped defenses.

It's more tedious, and sad now, than before. A piece of gear is way less rewarding now, since every defense sucks ass.

@Sombrero quote:

@Tempei quote:

Playing the tutorial won't get you into NM, nor will it get you to NM3 where I am currently farming. The game's not fun with this patch, period. 

i agree i hate it now i used to love it but you need to put too much effor that makes me dont want to play it again i used to like it when it wasnt 100% afk but also you didnt need to put that mucn effor into it, also the scavenger is useless TiB was better TiB was good for getting gold now you need to pick up every single ***ty item to sell it e.e really ***ing annoying.

In the Dev Stream they mentioned making the sell value of items go up but i don't see a difference and since the minions of Nightmare mode don't drop items and only the bosses do it seems like you won't make much money in the endgame as you do in the early game which does not make any sense. The Dev's needs to find a balance between health,mob types,mob size, and chance of items to drop. The only thing DD2 did right in this update is making it easier to level up instead of afking liferoot for hours upon hours and that's about it.

I agree that they royally jacked up the difficulty progression, ruining the "fun" value. I would also agree with what some said, that BEFORE the patch, DD2 was way too easy. Now, they've gone in the opposite direction with the progression curve being a cliff after "insane" difficulty.

Going from insane to NM1 now feels akin to going from hard to NM2 pre-patch, in terms of the difficulty scaling. 

With most of my characters being in the 260-290 range from the two day serenity farm-fest gear nerf, I've been unable to solo past wave 2 of the first NM1 map. I've received zero loot for my efforts. I probably spent the better part of four or five hours this afternoon experimenting with builds and gearing in either soloing or two manning the same map to get as far as I did before deciding I've had enough. At one point, I decided to see if Betsy on insane would maybe net me something useful, but it sure as heck didn't result in any useful gear. However, it did make it apparent how flawed the current difficulty progression is since insane was drastically easier than the NM1 levels.

It's also been a shame to see the massive leap back of the pinging tool (accessed via "c") now being all but worthless in combat. Trying to ping a healing mob that needs to die right away? TOO BAD! Now you get an upgrading menu! Trololololol.

This giant leap backwards in difficulty scaling and breaking one of the better UI elements has really made the game no fun to play for the time being.

@darkoracle quote:
@Underlander quote:

No one cares that we can't beat NM3 or NM4 yet, I saved up bags and bags and BAGS of 240+ loot so I would have a usable Hero Deck after the re-roll. All of my toons are in full appropriate 240 gear now (boosted with combining) and I can't clear the first wave of NM1, how are we suppose to progress ??? There isn't any stronger gear on NM1 map1, and I can't even finish the first wave of it, no map in insane gives a gear upgrade. The alpha patch was suppose to balance the game and make solo play more viable, it has done the complete opposite.  

Also keep in mind the people complaining had a leg up on new players who have no level 240 gear, if it's so hard and unfun for us it is going to be impossibly frustrating for them.

This is the worst patch since I started playing, I was FINE with the gear re-roll but this isn't balance its a joke.

That's where I am too.  NM1 first map, first wave is unbeatable with the gear I have and better gear does not drop from lesser maps, thus I am completely stuck.

If you're a supporter of this patch, then cool - you like this kind of game that is extremely tedious with very little yield of reward. 

For most of us though, that's not fun. And are games not supposed to be fun? Other games have optional side challenges for this level of frustration. Many times, it's not the core of actual player progression to the degree that gates a large chunk of the community from the last half of possible iPWR. If it was this frustrating in the last 100 sure, but the annoyance starts as soon as you're just entering NM1. Yawn. 

Just remember people complaining aren't saying it's impossible. It's really just not fun. I outlined the rest of my thoughts in another thread elsewhere a few pages back. 

Me and my friend last night run all nm1 and we acutally win all , 

Good item drop is rare but it is there piece by piece , and TBH before the wipe i felt like " meh this game i can finish any map from incrusion end game nm1 to nm4 , what the point of keep playing ( with 72h in game only)? 

So the only mode to play is onslaught , and ffs run like 50 round onslaught spend like 5h playing the onslaught mode the reward of it is just not worth it. But now when there is challenge and strategy need it felt like the game should be like that , If they didnt make the change i reckon once you guys hit lvl 50 enter some random match got someone to carry you , get some good item then you finish the game with full gear and build, what do you do ? buy a new game and leave this? Because it feel like a 10 years old kid game?

And for those said unplayable ? How many time did you fail per map ? like 2 times and give up? And for those who are pro always want to jump straight in nm and then fail and then get mad , know your power before enter the map. isnt that what we always do farmming life root piece by piece ??? so now pick a map that you can farm , and farm piece by piece. 

And there is a thing call community , if you cant solo , come up the forum ask for someone to play with, i think our community is way more friendly then other MOBA (no offence). Use chat in tarvern try to find some help ( yeb i said try, and try mean you might get help you might not for those who dont understand).

And if you need a tutor how to solo play on NM3 , well you work your way pass 1 and 2, why dont you do it for 3? or you just bla bla bla " im too bad to do it".