Scavenger is useless, pet reroll, skill spheres are so expensive compared to gold you get from selling items, THAT'S if you get some nm items (or you can farm lower levels and don't get higher ipwr gear)

Ipwr on maps like nm 4, showing you get 600-700 ipwr items, when they say you need 1k ipwr to clear it is just confusing for new players, all that system is just pointless if you'll never get that ipwr

Nm 1 is waaay hard for people to even have fun trying it, remember when you fail and fail it's not fun, even if you want people to keep trying, you need some kind of rewards for your effort, which is none since loot is all messed up and gear is useless also

4 new builds? nice, getting the weapons you need to make them work from nm +? really bad move if you want "everyone" to try them out

You forget about the "fun" part of every game, giving us unfinished update with unfinished hotfixes that harm core game experience, the loot / ogre thing on nm is just pathetic, and having to wait 5 days for it to get fixed? c'mon, really dissapointing

Sometimes i don't think you play the same game as we do, or try to play your own game w/o using your codes to get nice items, use crappy lvl 240 set and try nm and you'll find out that "fun" is gone.

Was better when it was pre alpha than now, and i know it'll take time for you to fix all these things, but still we deserve more complete polished content per upgrade / hotfix that the ones we are getting, since we Paid from a soon to be F2p game

300 + hours into the patch before this. 

I don't see myself dumping even 10 hours into this patch, sadly. It's that bad.

Same here, 300 hrs into Loot and Survive. Tried farming NM a few times today, no fun, no progression. I'll wait until next patch.

756 hours game play ...  i dont even feel like waste 1 more minute into this unplayable and stressing game. 

im done with dd2.

i miss dd1 so much, farming survivals for 1 pet, that i knew it was gonna be crap, but it was fun to get it anyways, or beating the full survival to get the kobolds, hours and hours just to get one bad kobold. 

farming gear out of kings or any other maps , hard as hell, gear was so bad, but it was fun !!!

farming with split screen with 4 heroes to get more drops, just to get 1 or maybe nothing usefull, but it was fun !!!! 

failing hard trying to get cd weaps, getting rkt by the old one, but it was fun.

or even if i was bored, just going to turkey hunt, cuz it was fun to kill em. 

best game ever !!!! 

/signed worst patch yet. We are obviously paying you to beta test your game, for the F2P players, do you do any internal testing at all ??

what do you think ? does it look like they test this ?

they just come with an idea, apply it and hope that it works. 

and if you check all the devs, they never play nm..  so, all they do is go easy and think, oh yeah this is good !!! 

@darkoracle quote:

/signed worst patch yet. We are obviously paying you to beta test your game, for the F2P players, do you do any internal testing at all ??

@darkoracle quote:

do you do any internal testing at all ??

I told you today on the Devstream... Trendy's internal testing depart is [[64025,users]] and a six pack. :)

@ķΐnĢ ƒΐ©ĸ€® quote:

and if you check all the devs, they never play nm..  so, all they do is go easy and think, oh yeah this is good !!! 

@darkoracle quote:

He was playing NM4 on yesterday's devspeak and reached wave 6.

The real problem is more the fact that we all brutally got kicked out of nightmare and now struggle to get any loot, and honestly farming stuff is VERY tedious. That being said if you have a clever build and the appropriate stuff nm from 1 to 3 seems very doable, and even nm4 with a smart team I think. I mean the dev on the video was almost doing NM4 by himself and stupidly lost by letting his turrets dying without paying attention (and with a rather risky build btw).

Just try to learn to adapt to the new "real" difficulty instead of whining because you can't play blindfolded eyes and win NM4 that way.

fair enough!

he just take whatever he want, like ubers, passives, gear etc, i got 2 ubers, my dailies were more like weekly, so cant even afford a 3rd one, if i have the access to better gear and all the ubers, i can try builds, but guess what, i dont, so, lsa sucks, and my trapper is my main...

what else can i try ? with such limited options ?  

canons ? beyond useless

fireballs?  not even an option,

bellistas ? with no passives, cuz they took em all with te reroll.

earthshatters ? yeah right ! 

@Sombrero quote:

@ķΐnĢ ƒΐ©ĸ€® quote:

@darkoracle quote:

The real problem is more the fact that we all brutally got kicked out of nightmare and now struggle to get any loot, and honestly farming stuff is VERY tedious. That being said if you have a clever build and the appropriate stuff nm from 1 to 3 seems very doable, and even nm4 with a smart team I think. I mean the dev on the video was almost doing NM4 by himself and stupidly lost by letting his turrets dying without paying attention (and with a rather risky build btw).

Just try to learn to adapt to the new "real" difficulty instead of whining because you can't play blindfolded eyes and win NM4 that way.

@Sombrero quote:

HaHaHa. NM4? BS. Check mobs level there. 105? on nm4 rly? Ipwr loot 290-350.

That was NM1. And he lost it with 4 toons 600 ipwr.

Pls stop posting **** like this... If u didnt play on NM1-NM4

Want to know Lvl on nm4 solo (decreased lvl)? Here

@darkoracle quote:

Yeah, that's what you're doing. If you didn't realize that from day one, then that's you're own fault. You bought a pre-Alpha game. What did you think that meant? You were special and you got to play a finished game early? 

Christ on sale

@antiproton quote:

@darkoracle quote:

Yeah, that's what you're doing. If you didn't realize that from day one, then that's you're own fault. You bought a pre-Alpha game. What did you think that meant? You were special and you got to play a finished game early? 

Christ on sale

Yes I did, test as in report bugs, understand there could be wipes and tweaking left to do, submit ideas and feedback, this does not give the studio a magic bullet pass to not do a fair amount of testing before releasing content, we are still paying customers, and the best kind of paying customers, ones willing to deal with the fact that weeks, hell months of work can be gone in the blink of an eye.

When they promise you that a gear wipe will lead to a more solo friendly environment and a fair difficulty curve you expect at least the most basic checks to be done on their side before a release this poor.

The new UI is no better than the old one, tbh I think it looks worse but that personal preference, it's less solo friendly now, more buggy if anything, overflow bag replaced with a money making scheme, and the gold grind is in full swing.

Think your doing them a favour by letting them off the hook because its Alpha ? Would you like another DDE  because that is how you get DDE.

@Sombrero quote:

@ķΐnĢ ƒΐ©ĸ€® quote:

@darkoracle quote:

You were not paying attention if you thought that was nm4. 

They were 105 lvl or so, and using ilvl600 gear. 

I have to agree with you guys even with two uber spheres and complete 4 hero deck with  ipw300 gear,  I can complete nm1 life root but it takes me about an hour with such a small chance to upgrade my gear it's not even worth my time.

Yeah the way they tanked my 240- gear and how unfun (and step back) most things are I'm probably not even going after the carrot err blue sword pet as cool as it is.  My other games and other new games get their attention back.  Well done Trendy, might have well done a full wipe with making 50s go backward for useable gear and level up with it (again).  

Personally I put a lot of time into a very good 240- blockade squire which wasnt supposed to be touched and they made all of it and alt gears complete crap.  I was really looking forward to moving forward with it (let me develop dps plans and strats) and going after the pet.  Nope.

@darkoracle quote:

I tried pretty hard to push this and the reroll, also proven to be 100% right about by Dev Stream within 24 hrs of patch release, point among a few others. Got chewed out repeatedly by Trendy and a ton of this forum's players, not all but quite a few. There is a point where being in development doesn't qualify as an excuse for a disaster of this magnitude. It is definitely is the worst patch I have seen this game put out.

I can solo NM1 with about 250ipwr. And that's about it. The game seems actually harder to play with groups now than before, as I found it much easier to just solo stuff. Also, how am I supposed to progress through nightmare? There isn't a linear path through the maps and loot rewards.

Seriously though, look at these requirements for ipwr.

Nightmare 1: 230~285

Nightmare 2: 350-415

Nightmare 3: 460-520

Nightmare 4: 800-1000

Theres a HUGE gap between each of them, how am I supposed to beat that? farming every single piece of possible best upgrade for each one of my 4 heroes so I can have a chance at the next difficulty? This balance is stupid as f.

yep - i can't understand it either.

Someone had a Window-Table at School...

i'm off-defending until they fix this crap.

is not that i complain and whine for no reason, is different to pay for an alpha version of the game when they actually improve with time, i don't see that here, we're stuck in the same as months ago: end game

They just don't know how to improve / fix it, and since i don't have all the time in the world to play everyday i just want to play a fun game, it doesn't matter if it's hard or easy, but rewarding, this game just turned into something hard, not fun at all, tedious and not really rewarding on endgame nms

And btw like theya ll said, pay more attention, it was NM1 on stream, with ipwr 600, and he couldn't win

@ķΐnĢ ƒΐ©ĸ€® quote:

i miss dd1 so much, farming survivals for 1 pet, that i knew it was gonna be crap, but it was fun to get it anyways, or beating the full survival to get the kobolds, hours and hours just to get one bad kobold. 

farming gear out of kings or any other maps , hard as hell, gear was so bad, but it was fun !!!

farming with split screen with 4 heroes to get more drops, just to get 1 or maybe nothing usefull, but it was fun !!!! 

failing hard trying to get cd weaps, getting rkt by the old one, but it was fun.

or even if i was bored, just going to turkey hunt, cuz it was fun to kill em. 

best game ever !!!! 

Good old days. I even bought DD1 on my wife's account, just to get double the Pets and Loot :P

Remember when Survival used to take 8+ hrs for the Giraffe on Treadmill grand finale? I'm talking about late 2011 early 2012.

Epic game!  1762 enjoyable hours of game play :D

Thanks for all of the feedback, Defenders!

Two things:

• I'm not QA. Those guys work way too hard and mainline too much caffeine. 
  • We don't show actual gameplay on the devstreams anymore. We haven't for a while. Any stats, gear or difficulty seen there are for demonstration purposes and should not be taken as indicative of what's in the live game. 

Again, thank you all for the feedback. Remember to keep it constructive!

Wow, bunch of whiners. End of the world. jeez.
"i miss DD1 so much". Really? Go play it then ffs, instead of sitting in the forum typing. 

I'm playing daily for more than 3 hours. Much more. Doing NM1-2 all the time. Legit farmed from Insane all the way up to NM1 tier 3. Betsy proven to be hard to the point of being imbalanced.
A friend (Squire) can do NM2 first boss ( or maybe even the twin specials that come after it, i'm not sure). And that first ogre comes at the SECOND wave. Meaning, people can even farm NM2 for items in a legit way.

I am not even close to stop enjoying beating the difficult ogres at wave 10. I feel accomplished when i beat them up and steal their loot. Satisfying. 

Better than afk farm. 8/10 would do it again. 

@Seph quote:

Wow, bunch of whiners. End of the world. jeez.
"i miss DD1 so much". Really? Go play it then ffs, instead of sitting in the forum typing. 

I'm playing daily for more than 3 hours. Much more. Doing NM1-2 all the time. Legit farmed from Insane all the way up to NM1 tier 3. Betsy proven to be hard to the point of being imbalanced.
A friend (Squire) can do NM2 first boss ( or maybe even the twin specials that come after it, i'm not sure). And that first ogre comes at the SECOND wave. Meaning, people can even farm NM2 for items in a legit way.

I am not even close to stop enjoying beating the difficult ogres at wave 10. I feel accomplished when i beat them up and steal their loot. Satisfying. 

Better than afk farm. 8/10 would do it again. 

Is that all you do is go around bashing people who post about valid complaints?

@Finaldeath quote:

Is that all you do is go around bashing people who post about valid complaints? Every one of your posts i see is you trying to start flame wars because people are unhappy.

It's the amount of negativity coming straight at Trendy that is getting to me. These forums are turning into a MOBA twitch chat. Disgusting. 
Sure, there are one or two good posts that make sense about loot drop rates, NM2-3 difficulty, etc. 
But the majority of what's being posted are just walls of text about how mad people are and how "done" are they with the DD2. 
Also, how much they miss DD1. 

That is NOT how a mature community should look like. While being unhappy and mad, even, about the changes is all good and fine, we should actually propose ideas how to CORRECT current things, instead of "DELETE THE SCAVENJOUR. HE SUK I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME" trashtalk. As if forums was comprised of a bunch of 16-19 year old teenagers.

A friend and I beat nm2 liferoot this morning. It was a little hairy at times. It was a trap build with nothing fancy. After about 1 hour of playtime I got 3 pieces of gear (a hero dps upgrade and 2 tower upgrades). So yeah, the gear grind is the grindiest it's ever been. I understand why everyone is frustrated, but I still have fun trying to win with my mostly 240 gear.  I would also like to point out that dragons are worse than ogres.

Honestly, before the 240 gear wipe it was way too easy to get gear for veteran players. Waaaaaay to easy. Now it is challenging for veterans to get gear and almost impossible for an average player. It seems to me that Trendy is trying to make the game challenging for the hardcore players, but in so doing, is making it too frustrating for the majority. I like it like this, but obviously a lot of people do not.