The patch is utterly broken. Why do you think?

Here's a few things why I think the patch is just beyond broken right now:

Gear nerfs. Yes even all of the gear that did not get re-rolled, is pretty much garbage now. Re-rolled items? Hope you had good RNG because if it wasn't kind to you, good luck in nightmare (legit, of course without breaking the game with serenity.)

Ability nerfs. Why the hell would you remove the ability to drop mana between waves, and THEN increase mana cost of abilities such as piercing shot? Huntress gets killed in one hit easily if you attempt to run in and gather any ability mana on the ground (if you manage to kill mobs in the first place lol!)

Tower nerfs. Things feel gutted. The end. 

Monster HP and damage ramped up considerably. NM1 enemies are at the tuning of the old NM4. Seriously. 

All of this compounding and you have a Class-A disaster. Hero damage is still weak as ***, and towers are even weaker now than before. Even those who have obtained some 600+ gear have told me the DPS on things like traps and the scaling is just shafted right now. 600 item power and you essentially double your trap DPS if that? Good luck killing those 1 million HP normal mobs in NM4 lol. 

Pinging defenses - Can't even DO that anymore with the new hover tooltip display. 

I could go on and on, but it's all bad mostly. 

Positives of the patch! New outfits are sweet. Throne room/Ramparts are gorgeous. 

That's about it. 

This guy, i lke this guy... but seriously, its what Tristy said... this patch was a huge step backwards, breaking things that were O.K. I mean, you wanna nerf? alright. You wanna bump HP? alright. You wanna change some Ipwr level on maps? Alright. BUT DO IT 1 PATCH EACH... You can't mess with 3 core concepts and expect it to be playable...

@Sombrero quote:

You forgot to mention the new pets, the cat looks quite cool :D

I didn't even bother with pets, due to being fed up with the maps in general. 

i mean there are more little minor tweaks in this patch that are really good, but if devs are expecting that good minor changes, some new pets and rocket boots are not going get overwhelmed by negative parts of this patch, well... they are wrong.

@chaos8 quote:

you forget to mention that stupid useless scavenger.

My bad. :p I went and looked at him, but apparently he doesn't pick your gear up. Then just force closed the game and haven't been back on lol. 

I must agree, I'm not liking this patch much.  The gear nerf was more than excessive, particularly in the class passives area.  Making a trait 1/100th of it's previous effectiveness isn't a nerf, it's nullification.  Should have just removed them entirely.

@Omm quote:

Is it just me or do pet affection levels take a lot longer now?

Probably takes longer because mob HP takes ages to chew through with garbage defenses. 

That was a bit salty from my distaste for this patch, but unfortunately I did not bother with pets too much, as the rest of the experience was pretty bad. I hope they didn't nerf it, because it was already slow as *** in the first place.

@Tristaris quote:

@Omm quote:

Is it just me or do pet affection levels take a lot longer now?

Probably takes longer because mob HP takes ages to chew through with garbage defenses. 

That was a bit salty from my distaste for this patch, but unfortunately I did not bother with pets too much, as the rest of the experience was pretty bad. I hope they didn't nerf it, because it was already slow as *** in the first place.

I hope they didn't nerf it as well. I was just trying to do the monthly missions since actually playing for anything is useless atm. 75 pet affection lvls are going to take forever... I honestly think they are taking a lot longer than before, even accounting for crappy towers and high hp.

@Jarlaxle Baenre quote:

That,s the thing, my gear ended up rolling better then what i had before and I gained about 1k damage on my huntress and a bit of tower damage.

Yeah but for a lot of people, they will roll *** stats, because let's be honest, if you're a builder and you don't have DP/DH, gooooood luck starting out. I was able to mostly keep my huntress in decent defense power gear. Doesn't make NM1 even less bad than it is, though.

@Woqini quote:

Yeah, this patch is one big mess :( just tried a NM2 with serenity auras ZZZZZzzzzzzz slowmo

It is pretty bad, yep! lol

@Tristaris quote:

Here's a few things why I think the patch is just beyond broken right now:

Gear nerfs. Yes even all of the gear that did not get re-rolled, is pretty much garbage now. Re-rolled items? Hope you had good RNG because if it wasn't kind to you, good luck in nightmare (legit, of course without breaking the game with serenity.)

Ability nerfs. Why the hell would you remove the ability to drop mana between waves, and THEN increase mana cost of abilities such as piercing shot? Huntress gets killed in one hit easily if you attempt to run in and gather any ability mana on the ground (if you manage to kill mobs in the first place lol!)

Tower nerfs. Things feel gutted. The end. 

Monster HP and damage ramped up considerably. NM1 enemies are at the tuning of the old NM4. Seriously. 

All of this compounding and you have a Class-A disaster. Hero damage is still weak as ***, and towers are even weaker now than before. Even those who have obtained some 600+ gear have told me the DPS on things like traps and the scaling is just shafted right now. 600 item power and you essentially double your trap DPS if that? Good luck killing those 1 million HP normal mobs in NM4 lol. 

Pinging defenses - Can't even DO that anymore with the new hover tooltip display. 

I could go on and on, but it's all bad mostly. 

Positives of the patch! New outfits are sweet. Throne room/Ramparts are gorgeous. 

That's about it. 

New outfits are pretty sweet though

@Pachipachio quote:

New outfits are pretty sweet though

Oh, that I won't disagree with, at all! Sadly I don't feel like logging into see it in action, though.

Stockpiled 8 bags worth of +241 iPWR gear and previously had 3 sets of builder gear... now I can barely make 1 set of builder gear.... That's great.... so how can I just "jump into NM1 with re-rolled gear?"

Yeah, I was looking forward to this patch... now I have a bad taste in my mouth and major anger.