Sign in to follow this  
Tamika

Monthly Mission, remove limited tasks

In the current monthly mission there are 2 very limited objectives.

Since you are very limited in hatching eggs due to the max amount of pets you can have means, you will reach a state there you will have to delete pets just to fullfull this objective.

Same issue with the 75 Affection level of pets. Same as above, you will reach a state you have to delete pets and get new pets to level them again in affection level.

Compared to the last month objectives, where you could be able to do all quests without the problem of beeing limited anywhere, this month Mission has awful objectives.

Also the fact you need a timerange of ATLEAST 120 Hours to do this quest is a problem.

I Agree just tought the same. And i start to feel like there prolly many of the Worker Bees at Trendy seem to have no real Picture of theyre Game. Or there are alot of new Employees. No Offense i love the Game and someday it surely shines, but its kind of taking a step back at times. Well after all,.... the Time they require to fix previous patches is praiseworthy :) .

@Ubara-tutu quote:

I'd just like to add that hatching eggs is not a quest.

Sometimes,  in a crazy scheme to get people to log into the game, they might add a quest that requires you to log in regularly.  

One way of doing this is having you hatch 15 eggs.  Which at the minimum takes maybe 2 minutes from the time it takes the game to launch to the time you drag the egg into the incubator. This guarantees you log in at least 15 times in a month.  The more you log in,  the more you're likely to stay and play.

I do agree that the pet affection level seems a little high,  75 takes a while to achieve,  but it is doable.  I'm at 15 already. 

I think the point of it all is that the monthly mission reward pets are supposed to be a hard earned reward, not something just given out to everyone.

That's my .02 anyways

Yes, I understand all that. I still maintain that hatching eggs is not a quest. If you want people to comeback every day, have them complete the daily mission or daily bonus X number of times.

OK, just my 2 cents. How many Trendy employees will actually be able to get this monthly quest finished? And if this is any indicator of its difficulty...

80 ogres is pretty ridiculous, since you will have to land the killing blow (either with tower or hero), if it acts like the rest of the daily quest. Pet kill does not count, other player kill does not count, other player's defense kill does not count. Which means, to finish this monthly quest, you are supposed to play 80 solo maps (or less, if at higher difficulty), and this game is supposed to be a multi-player, co-op game?

And the 75 affection, basically forces players to have a different every time it finishes leveling up the first few levels, since the later levels are harder to earn. I have a pet at 21 affection and I played like 4 matches for it to be still at 21...

Add the Ogre counting bug to the ridculousness of yes - only the killer of the Ogre, so go solo nuts and with neutered gear.  Sounds like a metric ton of work and 0 fun.  I HAD decided new pet must be mine.  Now without fixes and time marching on I may skip the entire month at a mimimum.  

tl;dr monthly quest isnt fun, it's a pet grind and a solo ogre grind while recovering from gear zero'd out and a horrible progression path into NM.

* DD1 had games you could see and join and player shops to really help get through this.  DD2 has neither, I try to join many public games and its just me.  

** Wasn't there supposed to be less lanes / easier solo?  Haven't seen that anywhere.

@Tamika quote:

Also the fact you need a timerange of ATLEAST 120 Hours to do this quest is a problem. 

720 of em in a month. I see no problem.

@Tamika quote:

Same issue with the 75 Affection level of pets. Same as above, you will reach a state you have to delete pets and get new pets to level them again in affection level.

So what, i've got a full bag of pets now, at least 90% of them i will NEVER use.

@Tamika quote:

Since you are very limited in hatching eggs due to the max amount of pets you can have means, you will reach a state there you will have to delete pets just to fullfull this objective.

(same as above) So what, i've got a full bag of pets now, at least 90% of them i will NEVER use.

Like I said in the last post about this - it's a monthly quest. It should take a considerable amount of time/effort to complete this quest and if you don't' have the time to do it you're not gimping yourself you just miss out on yet another pet that will most likely roll with *** stats and will sit in your bags forever unused.

As in DD1, collecting all of the possible pets is a carrot for a lot of people.  Although YOU have the attitude that it doesn't matter because you'll never use the pets, for a lot of people it's asking them to destroy their collection.

As far as your 720 of them in a month comment....

Lets assume for a moment that not everyone playing this game has infinite free time.  For example, maybe they:

1) work a regular, 40 hr/wk job [160 hours]

2) Have to commute to said job (i'll be nice and pretend 30 minutes each way is normal) [20 hours]

3) Sleep.  For the sake of argument, lets use the standard 8 hr/day number.  It's probably wrong, but is defended online a lot, so what the heck. [240 hours]

4) Get the monthly, at the timeframe you said wasn't a problem. [120 hours]

That leaves only 180 hours for all the rest of everything.  Grocery shopping, making/eating meals, helping the kids with the homework, chores, etc.

is 120 hours too much?  I'm not sure, but your blithe assumption that it's ok to ask everyone to throw 120 hours a month to this game is a bit shortsighted.  Granted, not everyone can/will get the monthly pet, but the expectation is that it's at least possible for a somewhat casual gamer.

@stretchyalien quote:

is 120 hours too much?  I'm not sure, but your blithe assumption that it's ok to ask everyone to throw 120 hours a month to this game is a bit shortsighted.  Granted, not everyone can/will get the monthly pet, but the expectation is that it's at least possible for a somewhat casual gamer.

The 120 hours seems to refer to the time required to hatch 15 pets.  It doesn't take more than half an hour of actual in-game time.  You just have to start it at least 120 hours before the monthly ends.

If you take the grind route for the ogre objective, it should take less than 40 hours to complete.  That goes down to 10-15 hours if Trendy fixes Forest Crossroads incursion so all of the ogres in it count.

I don't know exactly how fast pets gain affection, but I'd guess 75 affection levels is in the range of 10-50 hours.  Part of that overlaps with the ogre objective.

50 hours or less to complete a monthly seems entirely reasonable to me.

The quest I take real issue with is the Ogre quest.  That makes a cooperative game turn into a rather semi-cooperative game, because every cares too much about killing the ogre.  Double (triple even?) the number of ogres that need to be killed, and let it count for EVERYONE!  Seriously - that quest is so anti Co-op it is sad.  Very sad.

You don't have to sell, your pets...do you? Why can't you just stock up on pets, every time you hatch an egg, get it to level 10 affection, then sell it, or keep it if you want it. This monthly quest is actually pretty easy, the only hard thing is the ogres, and that's going along semi-smoothly for me.

The pet affection lvls kinda sucks (really sucks) but you can just do onslaught for tons of ogres & some pet lvls, I imagine it wouldn't take that long maybe 15 - 30 hrs.

@topler quote:

The pet affection lvls kinda sucks (really sucks) but you can just do onslaught for tons of ogres & some pet lvls, I imagine it wouldn't take that long maybe 15 - 30 hrs.

This. 

So far:

61/80 ogres

7 pets hatched

21/75 affection levels

Before you say I must play all the time:

I work 40 hours a week,  am a full time college student,  I play several games other than this one,  and I'm married ( she doesn't let me play much). 

No where does it say you have to do this on nightmare. I play on the easiest onslaught mode,  while doing homework,  and change out pets every so often. 

I figure I'll be done by next weekend. 

Tasks are not limited at all. They would be limited in the future with the same inventory setup that we have right now. But right now, i am already selling the pet duplicates / the ones that i do not use in order to hatch new ones... Monthly mission changes literally nothing in that aspect. 

@Bignastycupcake™ quote:

You don't have to sell, your pets...do you? Why can't you just stock up on pets, every time you hatch an egg, get it to level 10 affection, then sell it, or keep it if you want it. This monthly quest is actually pretty easy, the only hard thing is the ogres, and that's going along semi-smoothly for me.

You can have a maximum of 40 pets in your pet bag.  I'm currently at 37 or something, so I will have to sell some to complete the pet hatching objective.

@Bignastycupcake™ quote:

You don't have to sell, your pets...do you? Why can't you just stock up on pets, every time you hatch an egg, get it to level 10 affection, then sell it, or keep it if you want it. This monthly quest is actually pretty easy, the only hard thing is the ogres, and that's going along semi-smoothly for me

If you had max pets already...... then yes you do.I didn't want or need to hatch anymore eggs.I've done that to the maximum that they will allow me to have already.