Sign in to follow this  
-venOm-

Okay, it's time to take a break and wait for next patches...

@-venOm- quote:it can be a disaster. 

There is already a disaster - so-called pointless and annoying, pity bag of *** - Scavenger.

Srls get your *** done trindi or you will lose ppl.

@Sombrero quote:

Everything should be wiped to be really fair honestly, but as it is I think they shouldn't wipe anymore until beta arrives. Because every patch is wipe-potential it seems.

The only sphere ninja change cost is extremly unfair and deserve a reset.

Pets should never be wiped again, with people unlocking limited pets like thunder-O, the new sword guy, madwick event, it would not be fair to wipe pets and take those away from people. They could give people who had it an egg back but what about all the time people have spent leveling them. Even the characters shouldn't be wiped at this point. At least not until we get around full release then I could see a reset to level the field for everyone to start fresh.

Sphere's would make me a little sad as a lot of time was put into dailies to buy the Ubers I have. I think they just need to lower the prices back down to normal and adjust the economy around that. 

@-venOm- quote:

if something was to blame, i'd blame lack of actual testers. most of the times when patches and hotfixes are released, i get an impression that noone has checked how it all works ingame. how do you miss 0.03% passives ...

You know, you may be on to something here. I think their "testers" are [[64025,users]] and a couple of other insiders. Have you ever noticed their  dev streams when butter is playing? admin spawned characters with perfect legendaries/stats etc... if THIS is their testing it could explain alot.

I had 6 bags of legendaries that were rerolled after this patch. I noticed that some of my passives and gear actually didn't even completely reroll and I think my gear is pretty good (245-250 ipwr on all 4 of my builders). I've been unsuccessful in completing a single wave 1 in NM1 ... heck I even failed an Insane run, lol. Basically the only map i've completed a single wave in was end game/normal at this point solo.

Public matches are an extremely limiting factor at this point - 100% of my public matches have been fresh 50's that can't build a single defense... just there to soak (and cause more/higher enemies to crash through my defenses).

summary: you may be right, if perfectly spawned gear on admin characters is squeaking through NM levels with intimate knowledge of newly implemented build/cohesion strategies... that is not a good determining factor for the success of the rest of us. How do we ever progress past our freely spawned 240 gear if a single wave is near impossible? 

@Andurian quote:

I agree.  It's simply embarrassing for Trendy that they were caught out not having played the final patch even once before releasing it.

I don't think they make claims that they do.  Not caught out.  This happens every single patch... like, every single one lol.  Remember betsy boots?

@Blixer quote:

You know, you may be on to something here. I think their "testers" are I_PASS_BUTTER and a couple of other insiders. Have you ever noticed their  dev streams when butter is playing? admin spawned characters with perfect legendaries/stats etc... if THIS is their testing it could explain alot.

<_> [Citation Needed]

I doubt butters is a tester.  If he was, and game was balanced around him, we'd all be in NM4 after a couple hours.  He doesn't actually play the game, I'm almost positive lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but afaik we saw pmasher (the guy who's always on devstream) play onslaught a long time ago when it was revealed and it wasn't very refined either - he took queues from the other players on where to place things properly.

Most of these guys aren't very good at the mechanics of the game, but if you look at their job description that's not their job lol

Well in all honesty this is probably one of the best times to break from DD given how many awesome games are coming out September on. Maybe in a month of two this will be sorted out.

@Pachipachio quote:

<_> [Citation Needed]

CIte this - "this patch sux balls". I'll take my .03% passives and my responses from our community managers saying "NM is supposed to be hard" as a queue that I'll check back on this train wreck in another 6 months.

I dont think they are doing their job wrong.
They are Developing and fixing Stuff. ( Breaking other Stuff )
This is how things become if devs organize themselves.

There just seems to be no responsible project management, and decent Developement Cycle ( agile developement / or scrum anyone ? )

I dont understand how all these Bugs could slip through QA
I really wouldnt mind if they only fixed like 10 Bugs and added 1 Feature every other Weeks, as long as the general game would improve.

Havnt played more then about 300 hours of dd2 but I've been reading the forums a lot. I've clocked around 1.7k hours into dd1 so I know how small the % of the player base was that actually had really good gear that wasnt hacked. From the start dd2 had lost all the magic of dd1. Pre-alpha or not, the feeling is there from the start or its not.

After every patch this game just keeps moving away from fun towards some ridiculous pipe dream of balance. Its not a pvp game at the core, but when there is a pvp version live its always possible to balance that accordingly.

Prioritizing balance instead of fun is not going to create a game that people come back to. I see that the only people that usually agree with the changes that trendy makes are from the defense council, and yeah probably makes sense, but lets not forget that dd1 wasnt successful because of balance, it was successful in spite of it.