Scavenger not picking up items at the end of a private match. (Not a bug, just something irritating that trendy made)

I left numerous items on the ground, thinking they would end up to the scavenger like it did with the TIB, but after getting to the tavern the scavenger did not have any items on him.There were items of any kind, and i did this on Incursion Hard, solo.

(Once again this was a private match hosted in a private tavern which was launched directly from the menu screen)

From the patch notes:

• You’ll find the Scavenger in the Tavern.
  • If you run out of inventory space, The Scavenger will hold onto anything you pick up when you have a full inventory. He'll also collect items that fall out of the world, but you'll have to make space in your Inventory to get them back!
  • Items that are not collected from the map are not sent to the Scavenger.
  • Items that expire in the Scavenger's stash are taken by him and you will never get to see them again! They are not sold.

So if he doesn't pick them up, they aren't sent to your box automatically and they're not sold, what was the point in adding him?  Useless..

@Lokiner quote:

So if he doesn't pick them up, they aren't sent to your box automatically and they're not sold, what was the point in adding him?  Useless..

The point of adding him was to collect the stuff that can't fit in your bags. 

If you don't pick up an item, it means you don't want it.

@Seph quote:

@Lokiner quote:

Except we want the money for it and now if we don't take the time to run around the map and pick up EVERY ITEM we lose out and on top of picking up everything we have to manually sell everything.

This was a terrible patch, they broke EVERYTHING in one day.

They didn't break EVERYTHING. All you have to do now is sort your loot. Until they fix it or add a sorting option to your bags, anyway.

Scavenger is crap, pets upgrade cost is multiplied by 10, all of the gear people are finding have "visual bugs" that say they're giving 0.06% of a stat when it's clear that it isn't a visual bug and it didn't change AT ALL.

That's a small list of things that broke with this patch.. Maybe if you played more you'd see the problems that came about today.

0.06% means it's 6%. I still need to confirm this though. As far as QA tested, it was a visual thing. 

Let's not get personal here, please. Have patience, little man. 

@Seph quote:

0.06% means it's 6%. I still need to confirm this though. As far as QA tested, it was a visual thing. 

Let's not get personal here, please. Have patience, little man. 

I've tested it, not a visual bug!

It didn't need hotfixed, the stats before were fine, the change to the skills in general was a HUGE step backwards and no one likes it, why even do it if NO ONE wanted it?

http://imgur.com/gallery/SOe6r7G

This is basically how they interpreted us wanting them to make the game better.

@Lokiner quote:

Scavenger is crap, pets upgrade cost is multiplied by 10, all of the gear people are finding have "visual bugs" that say they're giving 0.06% of a stat when it's clear that it isn't a visual bug and it didn't change AT ALL.

That's a small list of things that broke with this patch.. Maybe if you played more you'd see the problems that came about today.

It's exactly angry posts like this that make dev posts fewer and further between.  He gave us the information he had, with the caveat that it wasn't all the way confirmed.  Rather than thanking him for the assurance that they're aware of it and looking into it, you crucify him for trying to tell us what little he had available at the time.

Chill.  Out.

I have confirmed myself right now that it is not a visual bug.
However, it was a purely-visual bug the first time i logged in and when i posted my posts (had a number of re-logins because of my connection. ISP derp. Seems stable now, idk).

@Lokiner quote:

It didn't need hotfixed, the stats before were fine

Nothing got hotfixed yet and it DOES need a hotfix. This was an Alpha Patch, not a hotfix.

There are a number of things that came with this patch that are beneficial.  In general, it seems like there are two big issues - the scavenger and the snafu with passive values.  Both of those can be addressed.  There's no reason to remove the patch, although They probably do need to do something with the apparently large number of people who didn't appropriately get their reward costumes.

Not sure how that one works - whether they would need to roll back to a backup that I assume they made before pushing the patch, or if it can be done without a revert.

@Seph quote:

@Lokiner quote:

I sure as hell DO want the stuff, i just don't like running around maps picking everything up. I let TIB loot everything at the end and sift through it when i get back to tavern and i bet 99% of players (who were aware of how TIB worked) did this exact same thing. The way it is currently implemented they should just remove TIB entirely and leave it like it was in DD1 because it is now completely useless.

Just collect the stuff while you play the game, instead of watching items drop on the ground and lie there. You run around anyway.

@Seph quote:

Just collect the stuff while you play the game, instead of watching items drop on the ground and lie there. You run around anyway.

The only items i would pick up would be pet stuff and gear that is (potentially) better than mine and then just putting them in the right bags.But now i have to look through my bags to sell items i do not want, and if i do find something worthy on the ground i'll have to search for it in the huge clutter the junk items have made. I also don't want to visit the scavenger to find the one item that i wanted to pick up but i didn't because my inv was full of garbage.

After finishing a map the items on the ground would end up in my TIB and i would browse it to find the stuff i want, and then sell all the rest. It was easier to sort your inv that way and save you the frustration this patch can possibly cause.

Now imagine this in onslaught, the name would serve the chaos in your inv as in that mode there's more than 200 items dropping throughout the game (for me).

I'm not against the scavenger concept but the devs made inv sorting a bit more difficult.

I understand the changes in that you should have to manage your loot rather than getting all of that for free.  I've made some constructive suggestions here, please up-vote if you think they'd help.

@VexX0r quote:

I understand the changes in that you should have to manage your loot rather than getting all of that for free.  I've made some constructive suggestions here, please up-vote if you think they'd help.

I already made a similar suggestion, though it was pre-update here

My bad, I didn't see that when I made my post last week.

@Nemesis_Best quote:

@VexX0r quote:

I already made a similar suggestion, though it was pre-update here

@Seph quote:

They didn't break EVERYTHING. All you have to do now is sort your loot. Until they fix it or add a sorting option to your bags, anyway.

I want to game with you one time.  You will leave after the first major drop happens, I guarantee it.  Reason is as follows:

I sort my gear on the ground for the character I am using now.  Later I sort what was in my TIB for the characters I was not using at the time.  

So now, I have to pick it all up, sort for every character and then sell.  Then if I filled up my bags pre-sorting, I have to gather the rest and run them through the same gambit. 

Point is, what used to be something I could do outside of actual gameplay, is now something I have to do in game that annoys other players.  I prefer to play public games, so this is a major issue for me since I could possibly be missing out on gear upgrades.

Also, what happens if you are in a REALLY LONG round (say Onslaught) and all this gear you have been giving to the Scavenger goes away?  You could have missed out on some good stuff.

Scavenger is pointless and everyone knows it.  Just give us an option to use the Temp bag or not.  The new way of doing stuff adds too much time to between wave stuff, especially for people who sort like I do...