Sign in to follow this  
ngoctienvt

The Scavenger

So how long before they're selling an auto-sell bot in the store that automatically picks up items left in the battlefield and sell them for gold.

They need to change it, the Temp Bag was way better.

I want my TIB back or at least something to replace its function, 1)auto pick up all item , 2)sell it once time expired. Or I want my refund on this game!!

Hi,

I have been thinking about that and I think scavenger is great idea anyway how it works now - is pretty useless and complicated.

2 things to get things as we wish:

1. Make autoloot as it was before only that loot will go to scavenger instead of TIB in your bank

2. Put to scavenger 2 bags - first infinite for autoloot - this is TIB with same time as it was i think it was 4 hours that was ok, second bag can be like 30 slot or so  this will be transfer bag where you will claim the loot to your bank with button as it is now called claim that can work only for second bag from scavenger.

What do you think?

Thanks guys.

Remember this is going to be F2P. How else will they "trick" people buying ingame currency? Add major grind roadblock and then advertise "Increase sell price of items for 1hr: 200 gems". With more and more grind being added this is all I see coming. It's sad and I'm thinking more and more of getting a Steam refund as this game is very very different compared to when I picked it up, Lvl25 was max and it was fun.

@iamisom quote:

Thanks everyone for all your feedback on The Scavenger!

Over the past few months of development, we noticed the TIB was being used in a lot of unintended ways. We observed that this was causing frustration and confusion for players, especially new players. We also assumed these uses were hiding underlying issues with the inventory management system that were not exposed because the TIB was being used to accommodate for them.

While i can support this strategy ( good job on communication here ), i would apreciate if feature removal and UI fix would have been in the same patch. The current system causes a lot frustration while playing.

For fear of sounding like a stuck record - adding a "Sell Item" contextual menu while in a game would help the problem.  The community are unhappy because it's much more difficult for us to get the gold from our loot and Trendy are unhappy because teh TIB was too complex.

99% of the time, I know that I don't want an item, I just want the gold from it; it seems silly to make me pick that up and then sell it later.

Sorting tools, filters, are they to much to ask for??

And one bag that get bigger where we can make folders and automatic rules ie pet stuff goes here when picked up... 

Also a filter that ignores said folders so you can find lost stuff...

What i would like to be changed.

1. Items of floor should go directly into scavenger's box

2. Expired items should sell automatically.

3. Scavenger's box should be visible from the inventory interface.

4. If possible, allow for sorting of gear by stats

So yeah, i still just want TIB back...

In my opinion TIB was one of the best upgrades DD2 brought over DD1, less hassle with gear checking and selling.

Improve TIB, don't remove it...

I haven't tried it yet myself, but based on the description the scavenger sounds awful.  With the TIB I made a habit of only picking up items that could possibly be useful (i.e. epics and above, plus pet stuff).  After the map I'd take a quick look at the TIB to make sure I didn't miss anything, then sell everything from it.  This made it possible to live with just one bag worth of space for collecting items (I have five others which are dedicated to specific items).  With the scavenger I'd be forced to buy more bags to prevent collected items from intruding into the sorted bags.

Trendy, if your goal was to prevent passive gold gain from uncollected items, at least give us a button to sell items directly from the map.  Then I could just go through an item pile on the ground and press the sell or collect buttons as appropriate.

@iamisom quote:

... We also assumed these uses were hiding underlying issues with the inventory management system that were not exposed because the TIB was being used to accommodate for them. ...

Hi iamsom,

it is great, that you tried to change things that might not work that well, however if you assume, why didn't you ask? The only missing peace in the game I had before the change was the pick up everyting key (and best to TIB btw) for onslaught. The problem for me was not with the TIB but with the loot inhibiting me to find the ogres and see what they do.

The changes implemented now are just the opposite of an improvement and even if u provide the other stuff, it's still not the same as with TIB. Why?

- TIB is accessible within the rounds (onslaught can take hours), Scavenger is not.

- TIB allows sale, Scavanger does not.

- TIB can be used in places like at the enchantress, Scavenger does not.

- If you needed the gold most starters wil do), you could just sell the TIB, with Scavanger you first have to search the map, collect everyting, if it's to much for your inv, first sell from inv, go to Scavanger, .... That's ridiculous.

- If you suspect something fallen off of the world, you could look up the TIB, now you have to go to Scavenger (see accessible wihtin the rounds) 

It might be, that you had seen some abuse (even though I do not understand what this could have been), but then try to do something against the abuse and do not try to make things worse.

The Alpha and Beyond patch so far was the worst I have ever seen. Not only because of the loss of the TIB but also because of it. 

I can only ask to give us the TIB back. Scavanger by no means comes close and even the proposed features would not be a complete solution again.

Thanks.

@Trendy

Reading some other posts gave me an idea. How about this trendy. Rather than the homeless guy being the downgraded tib, you can pay him to auto loot items into your tib for you. I see this working one of two ways. You can either pay him once a day/week/month to collect items for said time period with this method he will always loot the field at the start of each combat wave and the end of the map or you could pay him a small amount each time you want him to loot the items for you.

Also if you feel like the tib is being abused you could change it to only hold items until the following map begins. For instance if I start a map finish and leave items on the field they get put in the tib. However if I go to the tavern and don't empty the tib before beginning the next map it auto sells everything in it. Same thing if you leave the game. At the same time if I choose to replay the map it will hold the items in the tib on the replay for the 3 hour limit after which the items will be auto sold as they do now. If the players choose to replay the map again the the items already in the tib get auto sold while the new items get put in.

@gigazelle quote:

Not even one single compliment about the scavenger.

Just curious, how is he an improvement in any way to the TIB? I'll be honest, the existing system was awesome - the only thing that was left to do is to auto-TIB everything at the start of every combat phase to prevent clutter.

But instead of doing that, Trendy has placed massive amounts of work into modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating an entirely new NPC that detracts from the player experience.

All I can say is... what the heck?!

100% correct

I need an option that moves all loot from floor directly to Scavenger or Temp Bag.

Please let me hit that button during any build phase.

And increase the time limit for the Scavenger so that it is longer than an Onslaught game.

@iamisom quote:The two major issues we are focused on fixing first are:
  1. Allowing players some way to designate which bags an item they pick up goes into.

2. Allowing players some way to set an “auto pickup” bag, so they can sort loot after a match.

We are currently looking at how to solve this issue, either through the Scavenger or updates to the inventory.

Did any of you guys read?
It's worded differently, but this (for the most part) IS what we've been asking for.

The only thing I'd recommend, is that "maybe" in onslaught, you let the scavenger in there.

Normal maps don't take 2 1/2 hours, but onslaught certainly can.
-And picking up everything every set and selling would  be dramatically longer.

I know you've mentioned "goals" earlier in onslaught, but maybe a combination fix could be a better resolution?

How STUPID is this NPC!! the Temporary box was AWESOME !!

But when u make some stupid stuff like that, u could please make automatic Sell when they are on the map and u dont pick them up make it like it was in DD1!

@Xanatos quote:Did any of you guys read?

It's worded differently, but this (for the most part) IS what we've been asking for.

Yes... someday it might(!) be ok.

NOW it is time consuming, and annoying - it drains motivation that could be used to play the game and test stuff.

• give me an "sell everything but petfood&eggs" hotkey
  • remove the "!!!DANGER!!! valuable Item !!!DANGER!!!" warning when selling accessory chests
  • add filters for "Item type" (weapon, helmet, pet egg,...)  "only show items with defensive stats, Hero Damage stats, Hero Defensive stats" and "Others" (petstuff,  accessory chests) 
    (bare bones stuff would be 2^36 times better then how it is now)

any one of those would make a happy cookie and neither one should be impossible

start a vote if whoever guy would be responsible for making one of these should rather pause whatever he's doing right now (post that of cause) and do a quick and dirty implementation of the above said or continue with whatever wizardry hes working at otherwise

So I just did a match (not having been informed about the scavenger) and lost 6 legendaries, expecting to find them in my TIB. I hate the scavenger.

Perhaps this will never get read but...

1) Make it so we can "lock bags" so picked up items DO NOT go into the bag!!!!  Eghads, I try to organize/sort gear just to have that bag fill up with random crap when my inventory starts to fill up.   This way you can only have items appear in the bag if you manually move them to the bat.

2) Go back to the system of all loot being added to your inventory/scavenger.  None of this "loot on the ground is loot you don't want."  DO YOU KNOW how hard it is to look at items on the ground while playing?????????????  Yet you still do this to us?

3) One of these days we really would appreciate a way to filter/sort bags.... Bags are so bad compared to the folder system....  If I could have "200 total slots" and make as many bags of custom size (basically back to the old folder system), I could at least keep things sorted the way I want without the risk of other items getting into that bag; I could also put a small number of items into a specific category without having to leave 20-30 blank spaces or putting "dummy" items as separators.

@draemn quote:

1) Make it so we can "lock bags" so picked up items DO NOT go into the bag!!!!  Eghads, I try to organize/sort gear just to have that bag fill up with random crap when my inventory starts to fill up.   This way you can only have items appear in the bag if you manually move them to the bat.

2) Go back to the system of all loot being added to your inventory/scavenger.  None of this "loot on the ground is loot you don't want."  DO YOU KNOW how hard it is to look at items on the ground while playing?????????????  Yet you still do this to us?

3) One of these days we really would appreciate a way to filter/sort bags.... Bags are so bad compared to the folder system....  If I could have "200 total slots" and make as many bags of custom size (basically back to the old folder system), I could at least keep things sorted the way I want without the risk of other items getting into that bag; I could also put a small number of items into a specific category without having to leave 20-30 blank spaces or putting "dummy" items as separators.

I'm still amazed at how bad the current system is, it is so so so so bad TE; you really need to move improvements to near the top of your to-do list, hopefully above 'unbalancing patch X.Y'

I've long been an advocate of one (bag to rule them all) that just gets bigger as you purchase more bags (space!!) that has a folder system and filters (including a filter that ignores folders).

@draemn quote:

Organizing and sorting gear in DD2 is like playing nightmare 4 with no gear... never ending battle. I really can't believe food doesn't stack. The loot just clumps in one huge colorful blob and you can't target half of it to look it.

I would love to see the folder system back.

Maybe I'm a bit slow here but I still did not understand the Scavenger's purpose.

Can anybody please tell me what I am missing?

I have been playing some maps and did not pick up any loot. After the map, back in tavern, I have interacted with the Scavenger and all he has is an empty inventory.

From what I have heard the Scavenger is purposed to collect the stuff instead of the TIb, isn't he? So if he was working correctly I would have to claim all the stuff and sell it manually. ...just the kind of action we actually wanted to prevent. Is this the case or am I missing something?

@Dreizehn quote:

Maybe I'm a bit slow here but I still did not understand the Scavenger's purpose.

Can anybody please tell me what I am missing?

I have been playing some maps and did not pick up any loot. After the map, back in tavern, I have interacted with the Scavenger and all he has is an empty inventory.

From what I have heard the Scavenger is purposed to collect the stuff instead of the TIb, isn't he? So if he was working correctly I would have to claim all the stuff and sell it manually. ...just the kind of action we actually wanted to prevent. Is this the case or am I missing something?

as bad as he would be WORKING, he is bugged because someone gave him alcohol and he will steal anything left behind