Sign in to follow this  
ngoctienvt

The Scavenger

[[6218,hashtags]]

The community asked for one simple thing - the ability to auto move loot lying on the ground to the inventory. Instead we got a useless NPC, that easily became the most hated feature in the game.
How the hell did that happen?

@zsolesz79 quote:

the problems were... items went to bags instead of TIB in Onslaught

That's the problem right there. Nothing else about TIB was broken that I can see. I'd really, really like it back. And I've not even logged into the game post patch - put off by the carnage revealed on here, including this Scavenger thing.

I personally have no problem with the scavenger, what i do have a problem with is how it doesn't auto loot everything on the ground at the end of the match. Once they add auto looting back i would have no problem with the scavenger since i always went back to the tavern to sift through loot anyway.

Pretty much how i use the inventory and TIB is things i want to keep go in my inventory, things i have yet to look at are in the TIB, if i find something in the TIB i want to keep i move it over, the things i don't want i just sell. But now i have to completely fill my bags with junk.

@Finaldeath quote:

I personally have no problem with the scavenger, what i do have a problem with is how it doesn't auto loot everything on the ground at the end of the match. Once they add auto looting back i would have no problem with the scavenger since i always went back to the tavern to sift through loot anyway.

Pretty much how i use the inventory and TIB is things i want to keep go in my inventory, things i have yet to look at are in the TIB, if i find something in the TIB i want to keep i move it over, the things i don't want i just sell. But now i have to completely fill my bags with junk.

Did u ever try to play onslaught for more than 3 hours? I really don't like these systems... Now if I play ons, I need to take all items, check and clean items regularly to prevent lags and disappear if they go into Scavenger....

Hehe, I came back from my 1st NM1 run without collecting drops, as usual.

I was even exited to see my drops at the Scavenger... well, his box was empty. I immediately open my Inventory looking at the top... nothing. Oh well maybe is a bug.

Now reading this, I'm really pissed!

@ngoctienvt quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

Did u ever try to play onslaught for more than 3 hours? I really don't like these systems... Now if I play ons, I need to take all items, check and clean items regularly to prevent lags and disappear if they go into Scavenger....

Easy fix, they could just not start the timer until you enter the tavern.

@Finaldeath quote:

yeah too ez. After 10 hours ons, Just check scavenger at least half hour before going to bed. And I'm not like you that don't want to check upgrade when playing for long period of time.

@Finaldeath quote:

Maybe. Seeing as I've not used it yet, is there a sell all button? Cause really the last thing I want to do is have to click on every single item in there to sell it.

And if there is a sell all button, why don't they just autosell it after X hours? Having to have a player remember to go check the scavenger and hit the sell all button is just an extra, unnecessary burden.

And for all you sub-millenials that still have working memories that's fine, but some of us routinely forget things.

Make it possible to "hire" the scavenger and choose what kind of loot he is going to pick up every game even if you have lots of free space in your inventory. And let the the "unwanted" loot be put in the temporary bag.

@Decadent quote:
@Finaldeath quote:

Maybe. Seeing as I've not used it yet, is there a sell all button? Cause really the last thing I want to do is have to click on every single item in there to sell it.

I don't think you can sell directly from the scavenger at all. There's definitely not a sell all button.

@Sephoris quote:

I don't think you can sell directly from the scavenger at all. There's definitely not a sell all button.

From what I have read, you have to manually move things to your inventory in order to sell them.

I can also hope to get TIB back soon. It simply takes much more time to complete the map, as now you have to walk over the map to search for valuable items. What I would like to see from Trendy:

- give us back the TIB

- give us a key, so we can put all loot into the TIB during the game

Why this key? Ever played more than 10 rounds in onslaught? You won't see anything because of the loot, so you need to clean the map by picking stuff up and selling it.

Please, the current solution is unusable. For me this is more annoying than the other bugs, like balancing in NM and so on. 

Jesus, each patch seems like the game is getting worse and worse.... Why the hell is the old bag of balls giving me my own pets back??? Stop trying to make money off people and provide content, not skins and garbage.

Thanks everyone for all your feedback on The Scavenger!

Over the past few months of development, we noticed the TIB was being used in a lot of unintended ways. We observed that this was causing frustration and confusion for players, especially new players. We also assumed these uses were hiding underlying issues with the inventory management system that were not exposed because the TIB was being used to accommodate for them.

When we created The Scavenger we set out to solve the former set of issues first. Now, we’re looking to tackle many of the problems you’ve brought up since launch. The two major issues we are focused on fixing first are:

1. Allowing players some way to designate which bags an item they pick up goes into.

2. Allowing players some way to set an “auto pickup” bag, so they can sort loot after a match.

We are currently looking at how to solve this issue, either through the Scavenger or updates to the inventory.

Thanks for the effort. Its just weird IMO trying to fix something that was working very well, the Temp box i mean.

@iamisom quote:

Over the past few months of development, we noticed the TIB was being used in a lot of unintended ways. We observed that this was causing frustration and confusion for players, especially new players. We also assumed these uses were hiding underlying issues with the inventory management system that were not exposed because the TIB was being used to accommodate for them.

When we created The Scavenger we set out to solve the former set of issues first. Now, we’re looking to tackle many of the problems you’ve brought up since launch. The two major issues we are focused on fixing first are:

1. Allowing players some way to designate which bags an item they pick up goes into.

2. Allowing players some way to set an “auto pickup” bag, so they can sort loot after a match.

We are currently looking at how to solve this issue, either through the Scavenger or updates to the inventory.

I think implementing some type of sorting/auto-pick would be easier and would work for me. 

@iamisom quote:

As a recently new player that had to puzzle out what the TIB is - a popup that says "Hey, you haven't had to use the TIB before!  This is what it is!" would have been a much friendlier step in between what there is and developments later vision.

@iamisom quote:

I find it very strange that you decide to implement the scavenger before having developed the tools that actually would make him in anyway useful instead of a huge downgrade from what we had and an in continents, like not being able to sell items directly from the scavenger and not being able to interact with you own inventory while having the scavenger open(not able to open pet food) i would suggest that you let the scavenger sell stuff again but let him keep 20% as his commission and the player collect the money the next time they log on and interact with him.

And plzzzzz give us a send all loot to the scavenger button.

@iamisom quote:

While the ultimate goal is admirable, the design decisions made to implement the scavenger was a slap to players' faces. An almost perfectly functioning workflow existed with the TIB mechanics - whether people at Trendy agreed with said workflow is a different story, but regardless it was a system that worked for players. Then, without any apparent rhyme or reason, this solid workflow was pretty much tossed out the window. It doesn't attempt to resolve any issues with inventory management, and if it did, those issues 1) didn't exist in the first place and/or 2) were not communicated to us as players.

If you want a quick and easy way to fix this entire debacle, give us back the TIB and auto-TIB all floor loot at the start of every combat phase. Then, once better inventory management tools are available to us (such as sorting, filtering, etc), then reintroduce scavenger mechanics one component at a time to bring inventory management in line with whatever the scavenger is supposed to accomplish.

...Although to be honest I have no idea what issues the scavenger was supposed to resolve. If there's any employee there who would be able to shed some light on that, I'd bet the community would hugely appreciate that and even be willing to toss around ideas on how to make it even better.

Everything left on the map auto sells right? I'm not picking it all up and selling em one by one, it's tedious.

@mokn quote:

Everything left on the map auto sells right? I'm not picking it all up and selling em one by one, it's tedious.

I'll do a quick test to be sure, but my understanding is that everything left on the ground is simply lost.

@Sephoris quote:

I'll do a quick test to be sure, but my understanding is that everything left on the ground is simply lost.

Don't even bother - it's been confirmed countless times that gear left on the floor is gone for good.

@mokn quote:

Nope.  Everything left goes "poof" and you get nothing for it.

You can selling all of the contents of a bag but you will have to move everything out that you want to keep before you sell.