@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

You say "a lot" but I think what you mean is "a little". Items do not sell for a lot of gold, and the few coins i would get are not worth the hassle.

No, it's a lot now.  Nerfed egg+shellium sell value and buffed item values

Most of the gold people are getting after the patch in inevitably going to be from selling gear/reagents atm 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@jokke1989dk quote:

Trendy want us to buy more bags

Sounds about right to me. I don't see any other reason to create inconvenience other then this and slowing down gold gain.

I feel like this scavenger gives incentive to *NOT* buy bags. Now, the fewer bags you have, the less inventory space you have to manage because the overflow items will go to scavenger and you can treat him like your TIB. Who is going to want the alternative, sorting through 10 bags filled with crap?

This... Why should i buy another bag to manage all the useless stuff I've picked up when I'd be more content with fewer space.

I liked to have my inventory as clean as possible.. always let everything on the ground go straight to TiB. After map I'd check on it and just pull my pet items. I'd rather not waste time picking up stuff and more time killing mobs and moving through waves.

In its current state its being treated as a Time and Gold sink... making players choose to make more gold by spend more time picking up items then sorting or less time in the match completing objectives as fast and efficiently as possible . Terrible system implemented and not a replacement to the TiB system.

Not even one single compliment about the scavenger.

Just curious, how is he an improvement in any way to the TIB? I'll be honest, the existing system was awesome - the only thing that was left to do is to auto-TIB everything at the start of every combat phase to prevent clutter.

But instead of doing that, Trendy has placed massive amounts of work into modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating an entirely new NPC that detracts from the player experience.

All I can say is... what the heck?!

Just reading the patch notes made me decide not to play. I am not even at the point of farming onslaught or even insane, but the TiB was invaluable because of how much loot drops late game. I could not imagine having as much on the ground as some of the nightmare players, and no reducing number of drops would NOT be a fix. Just get rid of the scavenger and give back the TiB.

Was playing off and on despite my friends quitting, but with despite any other game mechanic changes this is the one that could make me never play again. All this encourages is people sorting loot between waves with no regard to trying to finish a map until everything has been sorted.

@gigazelle quote:

Not even one single compliment about the scavenger.

Just curious, how is he an improvement in any way to the TIB? I'll be honest, the existing system was awesome - the only thing that was left to do is to auto-TIB everything at the start of every combat phase to prevent clutter.

But instead of doing that, Trendy has placed massive amounts of work into modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating an entirely new NPC that detracts from the player experience.

All I can say is... what the heck?!

100% agree. All we needed was auto tib at the start of every wave.

He is horrible, he doesn't even have a direct sell option, he is like a much crappier version of the temp bag.

@gamer21d quote:

All this encourages is people sorting loot between waves with no regard to trying to finish a map until everything has been sorted.

Read this, Trendy. DD2 is now more about inventory management than actually playing anything.

why can keep this guy and make it more usefull like...

item transform o some kind of thing and have a chance to get gold - xp - gear - tokens - and pet related items

i though they said "all the items you don't pick will go to that scavenger" at least that's what i remember from their stream, now we have to pick them all, they just love to lie

The Scavenger is a bad idea.

Before Patch, you had a summary of items and you could sort your items AFTER a fight/map and compare items with your worn items.

Now you have to hunt for loot infight and check items, also the items you collect land unsorted in your inventar. If you forget to collect a legendary ... or your cant collect it because there is an overlay of 1000 other items above this item without to have to collecht these other 1000 items and remove them all manually and try to not to fail remove usefull items.

In summary, the itemmanagement is really bad now. The game is based on items and with the new system, its almost impossible to NOT get lost in your items due to the new art of confusion this system produces.

If you really want this Scavenger and you think its a must have, change it, so all manual collected items go to scavenger, so you can compare items and remove them or take it in your bags.

You could reduce the total sum of items by removing or reduce the droprate of junk items (green and blue). The droprate for epic and legendary items could be same. Maybe add anywhere an option to autoremove items with specific rarity.

Add an option to autocollect some *special* items that any player will pick up almost allways: Pet Food, Pet Restat, Pet Reagences etc.

Add functions to give bags some properties, so these bags collect specific items before other bags, for example:

Bag 10, pet stuff

Bag 11, pet balls

Bag 7, Breast Armor

Bag 8, Gloves

Bag 9, Shoes

Bag 6, Weapons

etc

PS I have played one Round with the new Item Management System and the Game dont make fun anymore because of the bad system. I think many players think like me and will run away, so fix this please.

Scavenger really sucks a D...
Truthfully, the scavenger is 3-5 steps back from the Temp Inv Box, and was a cringe-worthy replacement of the Temp Inv.

-The only way to send items to scavenger: your inventory is full (and even then you still have to pick the items up...), item falls off world, etc.
-Scavenger won't sell items, and you have to exit a map into tavern to even contemplate using him.
-You can't "send all items to scavenger", and automatically, he won't pick up all items at the end of a map.

I'm more irritated by the fact that they didn't seize the golden opportunity to place that guy in the creepy cellar area, he literally looks like the exact type to hide down there

That Scavenger guy needs to go ASAP, i want the TIB back.

Who came up with that idea ?? next time, ask the community, before implementing stuff like that.

It's a bummer to me that Trendy chose to implement the Scavenger rather than 100 inventory management tools that would actually be helpful and useful... like, sell all greens, sell all blues, open all pet food, stacking pet food, auto-arrange items by ilvl, by stat, by character passives, auto-loot certain items to certain bags, a button to auto sell an item rather than picking it up, a button to send all items on the map to your TIB... so, so many things that have been needed since DD2 was created.

For a game about earning and collecting tons of loot... there sure aren't any tools to sort through that loot.

@Woqini quote:

That Scavenger guy needs to go ASAP, i want the TIB back.

Who came up with that idea ?? next time, ask the community, before implementing stuff like that.

They didn't care to introduce it in dev stream :)))... it's just a few seconds that we can see scavenger silently reveal in stream.

@Sweetwarlock quote:

It's a bummer to me that Trendy chose to implement the Scavenger rather than 100 inventory management tools that would actually be helpful and useful... like, sell all greens, sell all blues, open all pet food, stacking pet food, auto-arrange items by ilvl, by stat, by character passives, auto-loot certain items to certain bags, a button to auto sell an item rather than picking it up, a button to send all items on the map to your TIB... so, so many things that have been needed since DD2 was created.

For a game about earning and collecting tons of loot... there sure aren't any tools to sort through that loot.

^This.^

@Sweetwarlock quote:

This. So many different and better things could have been done for inventory management. If the idea is to keep things simple, it failed, as it does nothing but frustrate.

As a side note: if we are going to be required to pick up every blasted thing on the map then the end map timer needs to be extended. It really can't go completely because someone on the team is usually in their bags trying to manage that inventory and not paying attention, but an extension in time to be able to pick everything up would be appreciated. Unless the goal is to have everyone busy during maps picking up loot instead of killing monsters, or to make us lose some of the loot. With the RIDICULOUSLY HUGE increase in pricing of the skill spheres and pet rerolls (the couple of things I noticed; I'm sure there are others) we're going to need every piece we can lay our grubby mitts on to sell for coin.

I think a combination of the TIB and Scavenger would be best, if we must have him. Everything *not picked up* in addition to items picked up with full bags should go to him. Don't turn this into a mad scramble at the end of every map to pick everything up - new players especially will have trouble with this in addition to the end map timer.

Personally I was never one to leave stuff on the map before - I actually like picking items up, it makes it feel like I accomplished something when I get to pick up loot. With more loot (supposedly) coming in waves after the first, however, this will become a problem. So it's not a matter of me being just being used to leaving stuff and having it in my TIB. I was grateful for it whenever I missed something or the timer ran out on me, though, which was quite frequent. My son, on the other hand, was in the habit of leaving stuff and then handling it when we were done for the night from the TIB which I suspect most players did, and coming from a nice simple way to handle the loot to.. this Scavenger.. feels like a step in the wrong direction.

Our family of 4 actually won't be playing until many other things are patched. This issue is a small one in comparison but adds to the pile of "holy crap what is this mess" we ran into after we logged in last night after the patch. Coming on top of everything else it's icing on the cake.

Take care.

Adding my voice to the confusion as to the point of the new system. What behavior are you trying to incentivize? Collecting all the junk that lays strewn about is tedious, but is forcing the issue really a goal? For those of us that collected all the items laying on the ground, this just adds another step to getting them and selling them. For players that left stuff on the ground, you're now forcing them to pick up all the junk, which I'm sure they hate. 

People aren't going to abandon the scraps of gold available from selling stuff, so no one is going to leave things in the world unless they already have enough gold that it no longer matters to them - at which point, the whole thing is moot. 

And this says nothing for items that were forgotten accidentally (I often overlook eggs or cartons because they don't have the light pillar telling me they're still sitting on the ground) or stuff that drops inside the spawners (e.g. when an Ogre gets stuck). 

Inventory management is both central to the game and easily the most tedious part of it. And you just made it a little more tedious. 

If you insist on using the Scavenger, he should work just like the TiB did. With the possible exception of not auto-selling items as they time out, though it seems like he should do that too. 

@Ban Hammer quote:

i though they said "all the items you don't pick will go to that scavenger" at least that's what i remember from their stream, now we have to pick them all, they just love to lie

They did not say that. This is a bad situation, but turning the discussion into the WoW forums is worse. Knock it off. 

I just gotta agree with everyone that this is a terrible idea. Loot management is already my least favorite part of the game, I hate sorting through the tib to find anything worthwhile but at least I could do that without filling my bags with junk 1st. And I didn't have to manually collect everything. What a fail.