Sign in to follow this  
ngoctienvt

The Scavenger

The Scavenger

• Your TIB has been replaced by a homeless man. Egads!
  • You’ll find the Scavenger in the Tavern. If you run out of inventory space, The Scavenger will hold onto anything you pick up when you have a full inventory. He'll also collect items that fall out of the world, but you'll have to make space in your Inventory to get them back!
  • Items that are not collected from the map are not sent to the Scavenger.
  • Items that expire in the Scavenger's stash are taken by him and you will never get to see them again! They are not sold.

Is it only me not understand the use of this system? It's like 10 step backwards....

It's only a step backwards because its less convenient for players. He was probably added for dialogue/story reasons.  

I'd be curious to hear the rationale behind this addition as well. 

Requiring manually picking up & selling all items is kinda silly.  Onslaught is going to get even more tedious lol

It'll be even worse if items at the end of maps are not sold automatically

Not a fan of this at all. I'd wager the reason they did this is because picking up all the items off the map for us at the end of the game was eating a lot of resources globally. This manually picking crap up is what I hated about DD1 in its infancy.

@ally quote:

It's only a step backwards because its less convenient for players. He was probably added for dialogue/story reasons.  

First I thought I should write a step... but I thought again ... Now how to sell items when you are in Ons for over 3 hours unless you need to keep taking trash and sell continuously for gold. 

When they revealed it,  I didn't think it would be this bad... Why on earth would it ever be better to have to manually pick up everything and sort through piles of items.   The good thing about the TIB is that it was automatic and allowed anyone to sort through loot after the map without messing up inventory bags. 

yeah. da *** trendy. how about we go forward in convenience than backwards?. You literally made us HAVE TO PICK UP EVERYTHING

Which means you are not gonna have any space in your bags.  which means most of your bags will be dedicated to trash bags. and then scavenger will be the new TIB(with way more inconvenience. Thank you autohotkey so i don't have to press e a billion times).

why do i have to pick up everything you ask? Well play onslaught and then try to get to the item you want to check out without picking up any item.

I want my TIB back!

Seriously, I don't want to waste time in-game during defense examining every item that drops. Sometimes I'm able to make the rounds at the end of the game and check every item before the 115 seconds expires, but most of the time items drop on top of each other and i spend like 10-15 seconds trying to find the right angle to look at 1 single item and run out of time. But at least I can examine the items in my TIB when I get back to the tavern, oh wait, no I can't. monk_small.png

So, is this really how it works with the Scavenger?

1. we have to pick up everything (otherwise we lose items)
  2. after all bags are full, items will go to the Scavenger
  3. after finishing game we have to clean our bags
  4. we have to get useful items from the Scavenger
  5. clean the Scavenger (otherwise we lose money)
Really??? This is not an improvement in any way! TIB was a good solution, the problems were with that the 3 hour autosell limit and when items went to bags instead of TIB in Onslaught

The scavenger is HORRIBLE!  I want my temp item bag back!  Before I did not have to micro manage my bags.  I just grabbed what I wanted to keep and everything else automatically got sold.

Now I HAVE to pick up everything AND manually sell the crap in my bags.

I want to put full DU worth of explosive traps on the scavenger and blow him up!

@todaz quote:

yeah. da *** trendy. how about we go forward in convenience than backwards?. You literally made us HAVE TO PICK UP EVERYTHING

Which means you are not gonna have any space in your bags.  which means most of your bags will be dedicated to trash bags. and then scavenger will be the new TIB(with way more inconvenience. Thank you autohotkey so i don't have to press e a billion times).

why do i have to pick up everything you ask? Well play onslaught and then try to get to the item you want to check out without picking up any item.

Trendy want us to buy more bags

Awful, just completed a map on NM1, we all went back to tavern to meet this scavenger fool and sort through the gear we thought he was gonna collect for us and whadda ya know, empty.....  Please give us the tib back.  Whoever dreamt this up should be keelhauled.

The moment I heard about this on the dev stream I knew it was gonna be terrible. Please trendy give us back our tib!

I can't speak for everyone else but I know I do not pick up gear unless I plan on using it.  This makes the scavenger pointless, I just need someone to go around and pick up the crap I do not want so I can sell it.  Either promote him to janitor so he can do that for me or fire his a$$ and give me back the tib like I used to have which was 1,000 times more convenient.

@-venOm- quote:

hm... im thinking of any good scenario scavenger is good... still thinking

well his function is. if you play hoover simulator. he will now have the items if you have full bags. everything else = worse :D

@Chappyy quote:

@jokke1989dk quote:

Sounds about right to me. I don't see any other reason to create inconvenience other then this and slowing down gold gain.

I feel like this scavenger gives incentive to *NOT* buy bags. Now, the fewer bags you have, the less inventory space you have to manage because the overflow items will go to scavenger and you can treat him like your TIB. Who is going to want the alternative, sorting through 10 bags filled with crap?

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@jokke1989dk quote:

Sounds about right to me. I don't see any other reason to create inconvenience other then this and slowing down gold gain.

I feel like this scavenger gives incentive to *NOT* buy bags. Now, the fewer bags you have, the less inventory space you have to manage because the overflow items will go to scavenger and you can treat him like your TIB. Who is going to want the alternative, sorting through 10 bags filled with crap?

Um

Scavenger will not sell items for you

So if you do that, you're missing out on a lot of passive gold income

@Pachipachio quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@jokke1989dk quote:

Um

You say "a lot" but I think what you mean is "a little". Items do not sell for a lot of gold, and the few coins i would get are not worth the hassle.

@Pachipachio quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@jokke1989dk quote:

Um

So choice between lower income or crap game play.  Seriously contemplating taking a break until this is fixed tbh.