Sign in to follow this  
zanamat0

ETA On Patch?

@-venOm- quote:

@Kevo149 quote:

Snip

They can't share everything and they can't answer everything. That's how it goes for devs its apart of the job and people never seem to understand this. Them posting in the forums is not gonna make it better when they can't answer. They answer the questions they are allowed to answer. 

@-venOm- quote:

all i see is that they are open to stuff they want to be open too. i dont know if you watch devstreams but i do, and i see so many good questions in the chat, never answered. i see community ambassadors commenting on irrelevant threads when there are so many good questions or discussions to answer to. i'm not saying that they dont care, but they sure dont bother themselves to be more active on forums. what trendy lacks right now is interactions with playerbase. they only seem to answer when too many people start to get frustrated. i remember they answered my question on devstream only after other poeple started to copy paste my question and spam it. and dont get me started of their answers. most of answers are really just bad, i mean they either skip main point of questions or answers something different. announcing pre-patch notes was definitely step to right direction. i hope they will continue doing that. and btw "it will be there when ready" is bad, bad excuse for anything. i mean would it be really hard to announce that patch will be delayed? 

TL:DR;

even thou trendy has improved communications with community, it still is not as good it should be, because this game has smaller playersbase, and if there wont be strong community, i guarantee game will die before it hits free-play. i'd like trendy to be more active on forums, maybe 5-15 reply a day? that would be good start. 

Thanks for the feedback! To be fair, this is why we have the Questions for Devstream forum thread. If there's a particular tough question you want to send our way, post it there. I make it my mission to find the toughest, most pertinent questions asked to give to the devs. When you're on a stream and people are flooding you with questions and [[1342,hashtags]], it's difficult to answer them all. If we didn't answer the question to your liking, please let me know via forum PM.

In regards to forum communication, most of the discussions that take place are discussions among community members. We take all of that discussion and talk about it internally, but we'll try to be more visible in threads, even if it's just a reminder that we are, indeed, listening.

The patch is scheduled for later today, no time ETA given yet. There will be an in-game message before the servers go down, so if you want to play the game, you should be fine as long as it's not something that takes hours like Onslaught.

Allow me to say that's the planned time for update is ... unfortunate. It's the worst time for europeans players and still fairly crappy for american ones. But I guess you didn't have a choice.

In any case thanks for answering it's reassuring you are alive lol

@Sombrero quote:

Allow me to say that's the planned time for update is ... unfortunate. It's the worst time for europeans players and still fairly crappy for american ones. But I guess you didn't have a choice.

The time will always be unfortunate for someone, EU and US isn't the only places where people play dd2 ^^

@jokke1989dk quote:

@Sombrero quote:

The time will always be unfortunate for someone, EU and US isn't the only places where people play dd2 ^^

It's still the biggest chunk of players let's be honest. I don't think a lot of asian players are on DD2.

@iamisom quote:

@-venOm- quote:

all i see is that they are open to stuff they want to be open too. i dont know if you watch devstreams but i do, and i see so many good questions in the chat, never answered. i see community ambassadors commenting on irrelevant threads when there are so many good questions or discussions to answer to. i'm not saying that they dont care, but they sure dont bother themselves to be more active on forums. what trendy lacks right now is interactions with playerbase. they only seem to answer when too many people start to get frustrated. i remember they answered my question on devstream only after other poeple started to copy paste my question and spam it. and dont get me started of their answers. most of answers are really just bad, i mean they either skip main point of questions or answers something different. announcing pre-patch notes was definitely step to right direction. i hope they will continue doing that. and btw "it will be there when ready" is bad, bad excuse for anything. i mean would it be really hard to announce that patch will be delayed? 

TL:DR;

even thou trendy has improved communications with community, it still is not as good it should be, because this game has smaller playersbase, and if there wont be strong community, i guarantee game will die before it hits free-play. i'd like trendy to be more active on forums, maybe 5-15 reply a day? that would be good start. 

Thanks for the feedback! To be fair, this is why we have the Questions for Devstream forum thread. If there's a particular tough question you want to send our way, post it there. I make it my mission to find the toughest, most pertinent questions asked to give to the devs. When you're on a stream and people are flooding you with questions and [[1342,hashtags]], it's difficult to answer them all. If we didn't answer the question to your liking, please let me know via forum PM.

In regards to forum communication, most of the discussions that take place are discussions among community members. We take all of that discussion and talk about it internally, but we'll try to be more visible in threads, even if it's just a reminder that we are, indeed, listening.

The patch is scheduled for later today, no time ETA given yet. There will be an in-game message before the servers go down, so if you want to play the game, you should be fine as long as it's not something that takes hours like Onslaught.

There is one problem though. Every lobby I join has the same problem, that is not being able to join a game at all. It gets stuck at "Joining Game". Nobody in those lobbies can play the core game. The only thing we can do is chat with each other and use the Tavern, but that's it.

I think that's also the reason most people are waiting for a quick patch and don't want to wait longer. It's like this since approximately 12:00 CEST.

@iamisom quote:If we didn't answer the question to your liking, please let me know via forum PM.
Forum PMs aren't answered. More communication is definitely needed. More forum interaction is needed on Trendy's side as well. Most of us want more questions answered in forums. Not answering all messages in Twitch chat is totally excusable. Not answering forum questions, on the other hand, is just showing you don't give a flying bird.

Edit: I am not saying that there is/are no interaction/answers. All I'm saying is that it is not enough as it is. That leads me to another question: what will happen after we go f2p if now, when we have a 5k ish plater base (including inactive players), we are already lacking communication?

@Underlander quote:

@iamisom quote:If we didn't answer the question to your liking, please let me know via forum PM.
Forum PMs aren't answered. More communication is definitely needed. More forum interaction is needed on Trendy's side as well. Most of us want more questions answered in forums. Not answering all messages in Twitch chat is totally excusable. Not answering forum questions, on the other hand, is just showing you don't give a flying bird.

Edit: I am not saying that there is/are no interaction/answers. All I'm saying is that it is not enough as it is. That leads me to another question: what will happen after we go f2p if now, when we have a 5k ish plater base (including inactive players), we are already lacking communication?

I'll go back and look through my PMs. It's really difficult with the current forums to see new vs. read messages. Sorry about that!

Are you referring to the forum questions in the Devstream Questions thread or just forum questions in general?

Edit:  [[94065,users]], thanks for the report. Playverse/QA is looking into it.

@iamisom quote:I'll go back and look through my PMs. It's really difficult with the current forums to see new vs. read messages. Sorry about that!

Are you referring to the forum questions in the Devstream Questions thread or just forum questions in general?

Forum questions in general. Devstream is working fine, a good ammount of questions answered and there is always some good information. But this happens once a week and there are lots of questions popping daily. Of course there will be stupid/irrelevant questions around, as it happens in any forum, but you (as in "staff", not as in "iamisom alone") should answer all you can, specially when there are big changes comming (like today).

I will give you an example: when reroll was announced, I asked a question about upgraded items. I'm not saying I'm the center of the World and all my questions should be answered, but it was a question concerning a big change, announced last week to take place today (a.k.a. one day before devstream), so imo questions concerning big changes should be all answered (maybe even the irrelevant ones).

As a suggestion, we should have a topic like "Next Patch Q&A", if you guys think it is too hard to keep track of all topics (I personally don't think it is that hard, but this is just my opinion, based on "guessing").

Of course you don't have to answer questions like "what is the iPower in liferoot NM3" or "how many kinds of Gato can I get from an egg", since these can be googled or answered by the community. But questions concerning patches and announcements should be answered, specially when there is no information available about them.

Tip: a "no, we won't do it", "no you won't have it" or "sorry we don't know yet" is an answer - and a negative is way better than no answer.

@iamisom quote:

@Underlander quote:

I'll go back and look through my PMs. It's really difficult with the current forums to see new vs. read messages. Sorry about that!

Edit:  Knife, thanks for the report. Playverse/QA is looking into it.

Isom, do you know when the Starter Edition of DD2 comes on Steam? I currently have £10.20 waiting from a Game refund for another copy of DD2 for a friend. Would love a response.

Meh, the "slowness" of only getting mass questions answered every week isn't so bad if complete patch notes were posted.  They usually are, but sometimes things are left out and then there's discussion about "is this working as intended?" like when it came to the new building placement rules.  And today's obvious lack of patch notes ([[6182,hashtags]]).  I doubt this'll be the norm so idc

Some stuff the devs want us to figure out on our own.  Like what weapons drop from outslaught waves 15,25,35+

Some stuff is just sorta common sense answers, too.  No offense, but it's pretty obvious we wouldn't get gold refunded on upgraded items that get rolled back :x

iamisom listen. i dont want to give you hard time. i've never said that trendy does not care and/or they dont listen. all i'm saying that human interaction between company and playerbase is crucial for small community. it is an absolute MUST. i'll give you one example, magicka: the wizard wars, i've been playing that game about a year ago for quite some time and i L O V E D the community there, much like DD2, M:WW had small community and the best part of it was that developers were as active on forums as average user. (unfortunately i had to leave the game because of study). we, as players want you hear or read your opinions on different subjects. for example gigazelle started multiple thread about flaws of the games, amazing discussions. why no dev ever commented anything on them? you will tell me that trendy reads everything and considers, but how about read and post your opinion aswell. sounds easy doesnt it? interact with us, its okay to tell us if we are wrong about some staff, because chances are not everything we want is best for the game. be part of discussions, because only in discussions truth will reveal itself. for me, i honestly care what you think about certain things, how you feel about the game not as a developer but as a gamer. nothing more would made me happier if you guys communicate with us, i find it sad that i read great discussions between players and see no opinion of trendy about it. i know myself well, my posts can be bitter and salty sometimes but i'm only being that way because if everybody says that everything is ok, it will be reason for downfall. just talk to us guys, as human to human, on forums not PM, so everybody knows that you care. i'm saying this because i care about the future of this game and i'm confident that strong community will be strong foundation to build on after the game is released. talk to us. just talk to us.

keep ur focus on the patch... still no new patch but theres time to pull up a new poll. plz focus all ressources on gettin that patch on. the last thing im actually waiting for was a new poll trendy plz...

@Icecube quote:

keep ur focus on the patch... still no new patch but theres time to pull up a new poll. plz focus all ressources on gettin that patch on. the last thing im actually waiting for was a new poll trendy plz...

Our marketing/community team put up the new Influence Vote. We can only help get the patch out faster through moral support and backrubs. :^)

@iamisom quote:

@Icecube quote:

Our marketing/community team put up the new Influence Vote. We can only help get the patch out faster through moral support and backrubs. :^)

*Gives a back rub*

@-venOm- quote:

for example gigazelle started multiple thread about flaws of the games, amazing discussions. why no dev ever commented anything on them? 

Because players are fickle, unforgiving and take any comment posted by a company employee as the gospel truth. Then, when something doesn't pan out, the community crucifies them for it. 

This example in particular highlights the problem. A lot of people agree with gigazelle. Alot don't. If it's just players shooting the *** with each other, everything is fine. 

But what do you imagine would happen if someone from Trendy logged on, went to one of these threads and said "you have some interesting ideas, but they are not in line with our strategy."? 

I can tell you want would happen: people would lose. their. minds. 

From our perspective, more dialog is better. From the company perspective, the more people say, the more likely they are to say something stupid, inaccurate, or make a comment about something that's unfinished or only being initially discussed, which the community will hold over them forever. 

It's not 'ok' for devs to tell us we're wrong, and they know it. 

Plus, not for nothing, but Trendy isn't Blizzard. They don't have an army of CMs to piss away the day on the forums. And they do a weekly stream, which is more than a lot of dev studios do. 

So, really, people need to cool their jets a bit. I've personally ***ed them out for not communicating enough too, and i'm well aware of the hypocrisy. I'm also a professional developer - I know what it's like to build software for a company. There's policy, procedure, and codes of conduct around communication. That takes up a lot of time. What good is served by having a dev respond to a thread saying "we read this and are discussing."? Nothing. And it would lead to an inevitable "why don't you tell us what you think about it?" And they know perfectly well they can't do that. They certainly can't spend all day answering point for point pages long screeds about their design goals. 

It is what it is. Trendy know what we want. Some things they are simply not prepared to give us. And there's no way to say that without people flying off the handle, so it's better to just stay quiet. 

@iamisom quote:

@Icecube quote:

Can we have at least patchnotes, please?

@0omph quote:

@iamisom quote:

@Icecube quote:

[[4370,users]] I second this. Especially since it was mentioned that you were up till 2am finishing them, if it is still close to the 80 pages you tweeted about, I'd love to start going over them sooner, or even a link to the 80 page rough draft would be fine for me.

@antiproton quote:

-snip-

some people will be d***s no matter what, some people lose their s*** because devs dont give enough answers, but i like my suggestion not because it is mine but I've seen something really similar in other small communities, M:WW was one i mentioned in my post and it is perfect example how much communications matters even if some players dont agree with devs. and from my experience talking with people brings more good than current situation. And i know how hard AND REWARDING it is to communicate with you fanbase, because i'm founder of only gaming media organization in my little country. one of the developers of magicka added me on stream and we had conversations about all sorts of thing about the game, i'm not asking anyone to add me anywhere, all i'm saying is that human interaction is most important than you might think. players will gain more trust and love towards trendy. and imagine when game is released, what will this people say to their friends? 

A. oh yea, DD2 is not a bad game. you can play it is free now.

B. The game is amazing and so is community. i bet you'd love to play it, And devs, they talk to their players, they will make you feel that you matter. you can have all kinds of discussions with them. it. is. awesome.

i think i've said enough. if you think otherwise, it is fine. it is your opinion, and really good one. you have valid points, but i believe other approach is better.

Anyone else worried that the patch is coming late enough in the day that any big issues won't be able to be fixed and the game might be down for a while?

@A2152225 quote:

@0omph quote:

IamIsom I second this. Especially since it was mentioned that you were up till 2am finishing them, if it is still close to the 80 pages you tweeted about, I'd love to start going over them sooner, or even a link to the 80 page rough draft would be fine for me.

In a totally laid back, no pressure, sort of way could you give us some transparency on you and your relation with patch notes, iamisom?

Are you in charge of editing a raw, cut-pasted, obnoxious google doc that everyone just unloads their changes to make it easier to understand for users?  Or is there a lot of "sensitive" information that shouldn't be released to the public?

Because I guess I'll throw my hat in there with the rest of these guys saying that I wouldn't mind going through 80 pages of poorly edited patch notes. Honestly, I'd even prefer getting dirty specifics about changes than I would ones that get obfuscated by conciseness

In fact, it could be a way to save time before you guys get a larger community involved?  If a thread gets started with 80 pages of difficult to read/understand notes I bet my life the first few comments are going to be from guys like me who have read it and are talking about the most interesting/impactful changes... which would cut down on your work load if editing is so taxing

But that's only if it works the way I'm seeing it working in my head.  Probably doesn't, but still.  With some transparency maybe there's a way where both sides, devs + community, can win here?

You'd think the deadline for the patch would have been mid-day on the 2nd, have it fully compiled and ready to go by closing on the 2nd. Then sometime today (the 3rd) they would just have to walk into the office and push update/release and have it ready to go. At this point, many people are probably wishing that it'd just come out first thing tomorrow morning.