Sign in to follow this  
zanamat0

ETA On Patch?

I might as well get this out of the way now.

Q: When's the patch?

A: Coming.

(much QQ, gnashing of teeth.)

Q: When's the patch, it's usually here by now?

A: Coming. It'll be here when it's here.

Q: Will someone please tell us when the patch is coming out?

Q: OMG how long is this patch taking, is it coming out today?

Josh: We don't have an ETA, but we are working hard to get it out to you.

Q: Still not here, can someone please say if it's coming out today or if I should go do something else?

Josh: We still don't have an ETA, but we are still hoping to get it to you by today.

Q: OMG still not here, I've wasted a day relaunching Steam and reloading the forum!!!!111!!! Is it coming out today or do I go to sleep?

Josh: We tried really hard but it's now looking like the patch will be tomorrow. Sorry everyone!

(all the above slightly tongue in cheek.)

He's just being unfunnily sarcastic.

The patch is planned for today but I have to admit the utter lack of communication from the dev team is very worrying for an online-only game. I mean you can't play at all during update so it would be good to warn people in advance when servers will be offline and for approximately how long.

Specially when the game is not free to play yet. Communication is key when it comes to community game. And doing more and more silly videos isn't communication as such btw.

for real... and leave peeps dying in waitin for patch... at least tell u got probs with patching it. we all wait. u did good job last time when gettin it earlier. we had to wait too till it was stable but it happened smth!

@Sombrero quote:

He's just being unfunnily sarcastic.

Perhaps. I prefer to think of it as, recounting what has happened on several major patches in the past :)

The bottom line to take away from my previous post was - if you missed it - relax and chill. The patch will be here when it's ready, and no amount of gnashing of teeth from the forum community is going to get it here any sooner.

I guess the other point also is that asking for a timeframe doesn't necessarily help.

If Josh obliges, but doesn't call it right (easy to happen, timescales get pushed back frequently and more and more problems can be found that need resolving before going live), then it gets used as a rod to beat Trendy with. Some people understand what the E in ETA means, but a lot of people just think "they said the patch would be here at X, it isn't, they lied".

Which brings us back to... relax, the patch will be here when it's ready.

This thread shows up in every game i play, then there the one guy who says they have no communication with us when the dev team is pretty open. /eats popcorn 

@Kevo149 quote:

This thread shows up in every game i play, then there the one guy who says they have no communication with us when the dev team is pretty open. /eats popcorn 

pretty open? how so? 

no it's more getting "fired up" from trendy saying thursday yeah thursday thursdays' patch day feel ignited!

then yesterday... tomorrow its on woohoo yeah tomorrow we are so prepping ourselves read what we are doing we while we prepping patch day patch day....

now nothing comes up even in america it's noon now and u hear nothing from'em...

they can do better we know that. 

we want them to do better than that cause we know they can.

thats an approval to them!

update... anytime now... still waiting... oh is that it? ah no. just bro force updating... oh maybe it DD2 now? nope. chivalry is updating... still waiting...

You don't have to refresh steam once until they'd not announced the maintenance in game. They must have some difficulties because it didn't happen yet...

@-venOm- quote:

@Kevo149 quote:

pretty open? how so? 

How is a dev team that shares everything they are doing to the game is not open? Just because they wont let you know when you can play the next patch does not mean they are not open. Like someone said the patch will be here when it's ready to launch. 

@Kevo149 quote:

@-venOm- quote:

@Kevo149 quote:

pretty open? how so? 

How is a dev team that shares everything they are doing to the game is not open? Just because they wont let you know when you can play the next patch does not mean they are not open. Like someone said the patch will be here when it's ready to launch. 

all i see is that they are open to stuff they want to be open too. i dont know if you watch devstreams but i do, and i see so many good questions in the chat, never answered. i see community ambassadors commenting on irrelevant threads when there are so many good questions or discussions to answer to. i'm not saying that they dont care, but they sure dont bother themselves to be more active on forums. what trendy lacks right now is interactions with playerbase. they only seem to answer when too many people start to get frustrated. i remember they answered my question on devstream only after other poeple started to copy paste my question and spam it. and dont get me started of their answers. most of answers are really just bad, i mean they either skip main point of questions or answers something different. announcing pre-patch notes was definitely step to right direction. i hope they will continue doing that. and btw "it will be there when ready" is bad, bad excuse for anything. i mean would it be really hard to announce that patch will be delayed? 

TL:DR;

even thou trendy has improved communications with community, it still is not as good it should be, because this game has smaller playersbase, and if there wont be strong community, i guarantee game will die before it hits free-play. i'd like trendy to be more active on forums, maybe 5-15 reply a day? that would be good start. 

So, what about the patch ?

I wouldn't mind a "patch will be late by minutes/hours/days , QA noticed 1-2 last minute Issues that we are fixing"

No communication at all sucks.

I don't care personally about not knowing when the patch will be, but not knowing when servers will be off IS a problem. I mean DD1 had offline play, this time they intentionally removed it for that ... rather weird universe they want to settle (which is fairly useless tbh). Consequence we are tied to their servers. So if they don't even say when they are off that's a problem.