Sign in to follow this  
NCO

Patchdate ?

Last Whipe, i played DD, even with the upcoming Whipe.

In the meantime i kind of stopped caring, game is buggy as hell an no fun to play anymore... My hope is, maybe with the next patch, they fix the bugs without totaly breaking the game with new ones like they did last patch.

Without watching hours of annoying Devstreams, and spending time reading forum posts:

When is the NM-Whipe scheduled? "September" not very exact...

They said they were not going to focus on balance until alpha.  Not sure why you find the game isn't fun now.  I had this same conversation with a friend of mine who abused frostfire to the point he had nothing else to do.  I suggested he delete his 850+ gear and gear up again without abusing something they admitted was too powerful atm.

I am sure they will pay more attention post alpha to test out stuff before they release it.  As they said, they were more interested in people testing the builds than worrying about balance, if the builds weren't obviously OP then they wouldn't have had the number of people testing the mechanics.

I think people are their own worst enemy.

Some people just shouldnt play early access / alpha games. There's a reason these stages of games used to be very small population and invite only.

@zsolesz79 quote:

What wipe are you talking about? They will do a reroll tomorrow, it's on the main page...

If you reroll iPwr 700-800 Gear to "240 with random stats" it feels like a whipe, you can sugarcoat the name ofc.
Tomorow ? Ok, ty.

@Vim quote:

Not sure why you find the game isn't fun now.

Playing is about strategy & rewards.

- Reporting bugs feels unrewarding if every patch introduces gamebreaking bugs that are evident within 5 minuted of gameplay.
- Item farming to 700+ was fun, low HP bosses were kind of balanced out with 0-drop Bosses ... frostfire trivialized the game afterwards, why play if it is no challenge?

- Item farming feels unrewarding if every other gear item is broken ( doublestats, 0% boni etc. )
- strategy optimization is useless if the best Strategy is to Spam Frost towers
- Hero dps is no fun: there is no usefull Hero Boost Monk build, or a Rage-Squire like DD1 had. Weapon dps scaling is nearly nonexistant, just AP Huntress or Tank Squire
- Tower synergy got nerfed. There are only "white-passives-builds" with not much customization possible.
- friends stopped playing, because game bored them.

...etc

btw, i wasn't complaining - i just noticed i am not the target audience of the current gamestate. I just wanted to know when things might change. That was solved. ty.

@Alabama quote:

Some people just shouldnt play early access / alpha games. There's a reason these stages of games used to be very small population and invite only.

(Italics added) So what changed? :)

It's not a wipe, and gear won't be "useless".
Sure, you won't be God-like anymore, but who cares. It's in the name of making the game more fun in the long run.

Anyways, if you read the stuff they've posted.. it's scheduled for tomorrow. 9/3.

@Alabama quote:

True, but in the same breath you shouldn't have a near 2 year pre-alpha either. So go look down your nose elsewhere.

@Bob Loblaw |Äpp|* quote:
@› Rabid Lemming quote:

Its a full gear wipe. It renders all gear useless, its a wipe.

It's a gear re-roll. A wipe would eliminate the gear entirely. 

It doesn't render anything below 241 useless.  

It's not a wipe. 

Make no mistake... its absolutely a wipe. pre 241  gear IS useless. Noone plays through this campaign and says to themselves, "ahhh, that was so enjoyable I'm going to stop progressing to the real content." At this point I'm completely looking forward to this WIPE, but unless you're brand new to this game then you know that randomly rerolling stats on gear is basically a wipe since 1/20 items is remotely usable with the 4billion stats in their current stat system.

next patch is in feb. 30th 2016. come back after that with your toxicity.

@NCO quote:

Last Whipe, i played DD, even with the upcoming Whipe.

In the meantime i kind of stopped caring, game is buggy as hell an no fun to play anymore... My hope is, maybe with the next patch, they fix the bugs without totaly breaking the game with new ones like they did last patch.

Without watching hours of annoying Devstreams, and spending time reading forum posts:

When is the NM-Whipe scheduled? "September" not very exact...

Only for iPower 240+. Maybe half people playing (or more) doesn't have gear that high. SO no, that's far from being a wipe, eventhough we will probably have a real wipe in the future, for which I will give zero flicks, since wipes don't annoy me.

@› Rabid Lemming quote:

Its a full gear wipe. It renders all gear useless, its a wipe.

@Blixer quote:

@Alabama quote:

True, but in the same breath you shouldn't have a near 2 year pre-alpha either. So go look down your nose elsewhere.

The rewrote the damn game and pushed it to release a bit over a month ago. Im not looking down any nose.. it seems you and a few others keep blinders on though.