Sign in to follow this  
el genius

Return to Eternity? Curious about DD2, inspire me :)

Hey guys,

Some of you on this Forum might remember me from back in the days (2013) playing DD1. Together with TheCrystalDefender we were some top notch players. As of right now I'm looking to return to DD2 but I'm not quite sure what to think about it after seeing some gameplay.

Also if some of you guys remember me please let me know so I can see who still plays DD at all :)

Curious about your experiences guys!
Sjoerd

I think I remember you doing lot's of CD runs, am I right? :) I'm a great fan of DD1 too, have 2200+ hours in it. I had doubts about DD2, didn't like it at first try. But gave it a try again after the Loot & Survive patch and now I kind of have the same feelings like playing DD1 back in the day. You can read a lot about it here, pros and cons as well, you have the time, gather some information before jumping in! ;)

Honesty? Don't do it. Save yourself the agony and wait far down the road. There is still too much in flux at the moment. Put it on your Winter sale list of games to check back on.

@zsolesz79 quote:

I think I remember you doing lot's of CD runs, am I right? :) I'm a great fan of DD1 too, have 2200+ hours in it. I had doubts about DD2, didn't like it at first try. But gave it a try again after the Loot & Survive patch and now I kind of have the same feelings like playing DD1 back in the day. You can read a lot about it here, pros and cons as well, you have the time, gather some information before jumping in! ;)

Yep haha. We were only doing CD runs at one point lol. Thanks for the feedback everyone. It's appreciated :)

I personally love the game,  but that's are a lot of changes that still need implemented.   For example,  the current pet system is unbalanced and only a select few seem usable.   Obviously with alpha there will still be more changes, but I think seeing the growth and changes is part of the fun. 

The game's fun as it is, has an over 80% approval rating on Steam as it is now, and there are a lot of improvements coming with the patch tomorrow.

If you enjoyed DD1 this is definitely worth picking up.

I would ask the same question two weeks after the next patch. 

We dont really know the direction Trendy are taking right now from the limited info we have gotten. 

At the moment, you can pretty much AFK farm the highest difficulty. Even the hardest maps if you got the gear. 

That might resonate well with DD1 players. But it is not really their aim for DD2. 

Myself I had more fun leveling up and doing the Squire tank "meta" before the addition of the new builds, which turned towers to be OP.

Just doing dailies at the moment and waiting to see what the next patch brings. 

I can smell even another wipe coming, unless they have done the balance work prior to this patch, 

If not, people will be at NM4 again in a few days. Then it will spread to the most active players within a week and in two weeks max, any random Joe will be able to join NM4 be it as a tank or just leeching for gear. 

At that point, Trendy has to ask them selves, wipe? Or increase iPWR? 

literally all you need to know is the devs decided to make towers, traps, and auras right. 

here are some specific ones; the frostbite tower and the boost aura.

the boost aura is crappy at boosting

and the frostbite does not freeze enemies, instead it boosts.

that is all i need to say, don't buy

@batoutofhe11 quote:

literally all you need to know is the devs decided to make towers, traps, and auras right. 

The boost aura gives DP bonus to the defenses, with a decent monk it's not that bad. Have you ever tried the defense health boost? The frostbite does freeze the enemies, they turn into icerocks for couple of seconds...

yeah i've tried all that. the freezing is pitiful, only 45% chance, and you can't use the combo earthknock sphere with it. so you have to level and armor 2 apprentices to use shatter. 

the frostbite should have a natural 20% or crit to freeze. especially compared the the 100% natural drench trap. 

the boost tower is bad even with a fully dp monk with dp spheres.

@zsolesz79 quote:

@batoutofhe11 quote:

The boost aura gives DP bonus to the defenses, with a decent monk it's not that bad. Have you ever tried the defense health boost? The frostbite does freeze the enemies, they turn into icerocks for couple of seconds...

I say jump in.  I loved DD1 and DD2 is different, but similar.  It's still alpha and things change all the time.  I've been in 2 for a few wipes and big changes and I think it keeps getting better.  Some changes I love and some I wait for them to change ;-)

People here can be really critical, but they are here complaining so they must love it secretly.  They are like an ogre, they have layers like an onion.  On the outside angry and full of complaints, under that they love the game, and under that they cry at sad movies...

Thanks guys I jumped back in-game and I love it so far. Add me on steam so we can play together sometimes: El Genius