Rename Heroes

Most importantly.

THIS HAVE TO BE FREE Trendy!!!! I can't stress this  enough.

With how fast you can change a build, it needs to be  a free feature,  I know i'm not the only one who names character after their "role".

@๖ۣۜPhoenixX quote:

Do it Trendy Make them pay in gems though . Make them think twice before naming after a role ^.^squire_small.png

It just  make it way more  convenient, if you like to create lots of alts with different purposes

+1

When i started i just made 4 main builders and a DPS with the same name "AJsEpicGames" because i could tell them apart (my dps was named "AJsEpicGamesDPS") easily but since the builds came in, ive made multiple new characters in total i have 8 characters now for different builds and some have proper names "Blockades" "Tank" "App DPS" "Hunter DPS" "AJsEpicGames" "AJsEpicGames" "AJsEpicGames" "AJsEpicGames" 

It can be confusing, admittedly its a mistake of my own making but the ability to freely change characters names would be wonderful. 

I'd like to rename my characters. I accepted the "random" name Portario, not expecting to see Portario's in every other game.

• 1 month later...

Names give no in game advantage or disadvantage as morale and embarrassment aren't stats currently used in DD2 ;)

+1 Gem's to rename 

• 5 months later...

+1 This is a feature I used commonly in the first game to help me keep track of my toons. It would be nice to see it make a return in DD2 Emoji_Huntress.png

@Citrullus24 quote:

+1 JUST DO IT

+1 for this.  I hate you tell you guys, but it does not offer an advantage.  TE needs to pay their bills as well.  However, it should be a "micro transaction", as in 50 gems or less.  If it's any more, I don't see a mass of people buying gems to do this.  If it's priced right, people will buy 10$ worth of gems to have and rename a couple characters here and there.

+1 to renames, but I would never pay to rename my toons. I would much rather just delete and remake a toon and level them. Also we'll be able to level 4 chars at once. So there's that.

@sozieqt quote:

+1 Name change for gems would be a joke.

No one is forcing you... you won't lose or win a map because of this.  Just saying.  

@sgof quote:

@sozieqt quote:

+1 Name change for gems would be a joke.

No one is forcing you... you won't lose or win a map because of this.  Just saying.  

I was almost done with Trendy after the crazy milking of the community that was DD1 (let alone DDE, which I was not around for). No more, thanks. Costumes and whatever, fine, but renaming would just be silly.

Renaming should be a basic feature and could even be implemented lore-wise... although I would not care id it served lore or not.