Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 35

Have a question for us? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream on Friday, September 4th at 5PM EDT. Please follow the format below. We will select 5-10 long-form questions and as many lightning round questions as we can to answer on the Devstream.

Format:

Two questions that you would like to get a longer answer on. As many questions as you would like to get a yes/no on. Please mark these as "Lightning" at the beginning of the question. (For example, "Lightning:  Will Brad wear a suit again?")

With the other two 1200 costumes having custom vfx, I feel like the monk got the short end of the deal. Will there be any visual effects added to the ninja costume?

Lightning: Do you plan to increase the max number of bags?

Lightning: Can you please add pet bags (today we have 50ish pets for a single bag that holds only 32)?

Lightning: Can you fix bags so pet reroll items do not always go to bag 1?

Lightning: Can we have tooltip on mouseover for the number of wyvern tokens/gold/xp/etc. rewarded on daily/monthly quests?

Can you/would you please implement a drop rate bonus for players who use less Damage Units setting up their defenses.  The more DU left on the side line = a better drop rate.

FOR EXAMPLE:  Instead of maxing out 1000 DU available for a map (0% drop rate bonus), if the players only use 750 Defense Units, they would receive a 5% drop rate bonus.  500 DU used might give them  a 10% drop rate increase.  
I would assume that there would have to be a cap to it (maybe the 10% bonus @ 50% of DU used) so that it couldn't be abused by just DPS build teams.  EDIT:  The Drop Rate bonuses above are just examples.

The reason I suggest it is to promote a better mix in how the team is built and to make players more active.  Instead of Ronco-style™ defenses (SET IT AND FORGET IT!), players would be encouraged to bring and use DPS builds to supplement the fewer towers available.  By capping the bonus, it also doesn't make tower players worthless .

Thanks,

ME!

Will the hero deck (single player) be  advanced to more than 4 heroes in the future, if not don't you feel this is unfair for single players?

(If you have a long answer I would love to hear your opinion on this, but if not enough time a short answer is better than nothing :) )

I know its a possiblility But what do you think are the chances you will have another rollback / Wipe

Lightning

#1 Can we have a Larger Pet Bag or more bags

#2 Can you make food stack or Give it a Pet 'esque bag 

Since we're moving into the Alpha phase soon, will other classes be added in the near future, or are those likely going to be later in the development process? I recall Summoner and Jester with great fondness for their unique playstyle.

Will we be able to increase our Defense Speed without having to use Spheres for it in the near future? I understand it's a very powerful stat, but I'd like to have my towers attack more than once every 2 seconds. (Frost Fire is unreliable since I'm using Apprentice Towers and want to kill enemies before they get too close)

Lightning: Will the amount of Pet Food it costs to raise pet level be lowered slightly soon?

I know pet rarity determines max pet stats on RNG, but what are the factors that play into how much a stat increases per pet level? I have a friend that had a mythic topcat increase +7 empowerment stats per level whereas mine only increased 1-2.

lightning: will there ever be in-game sales on bags/skins, etc similar to what we would see in LoL?

Onslaught focused questions:

#1 With the new NPC (scavenger) being implemented and the TiB being taken out - is there a way of dealing with playing onslaughts that last 3 hours+?  Because if the scavenger can only be accessed in the tavern the items dropped in those maps could be sold before picked up

#2 Will the revamp to difficulty with respect to number of players extend to onslaught as well?  

#3 Are the onslaught rewards being reworked to be more in line with the effort required?  When can we expect these changes to be in our hands?

#1 How can i get pet ability reroll item ?

Lightning: Will pet pet power lvl be cheaper? (hard to get more pets to bigger lvl)

Lightning: Is per ability generated random or specific for each pet?

#1  --  Can we finally have some good filters for inventory?

Like several possibility as sort by:

- gear (boot,gloves,etc)

-Ipwr lvl

-overall stat of our choice (choose hp tower, dmg tow or hero health)

-hero  weapons and passives

-passive bonuses

-rarity item: leg,myth, etc...

Would be good to be able to select multiple filter at one time, like rarity item with stats of our choice.

Assign bags to some hero too would be great^^

Be able to lock a bag, like that if you loot items while your playing with monk, you will only have items going into the locked bags for monk and if inventory full it will go to temporary bag or other bag.

There is some ideas, but what about you?

Are you thinking about one of those things or an alternative?

Inventory is really one of the thing who really need to be improved a lot, it s not intuitive at all, a real pain in the ass^^

#2  -  Can you make pet food same type to stack please and do something about double click pet food???

I'm going insane to do this after onslaught runs ^^

#3  -  In Onslaught mode (mainly)   After each round it would be better if you could putall items on the floor not looted after build time to go to temporary inventory or scavenger, for more visibility and being able to play at higher rounds and difficulty not sitting waiting to die^^

Because with your rainbow style loot from bottom to top of some maps, we really can't see anything... it s useless even if we wanna check new drop items since there are already lots of items on the floor...^^

Take care mates ^^

I saw a really good thread about Deck improvement.

I totally agree with this guy^^

Here 's his ideas to improve it:

@gigazelle quote:

My personal suggestion

So, if removing the hero deck isn't ideal, and keeping it isn't ideal, remove the per-player mechanic behind it. The hero deck can actually exist and be fair, but several fundamental changes must be applied:

• The hero deck is only based on the number of defenses summoned on a map. Deck slots are not used until a player summons a defense with that hero.
  • The hero deck is team-based, not player-based. Just like how DU is shared across all players, hero deck slots would also be shared.
  • Players can freely swap between all heroes, even after all build hero deck slots are full. The hero deck only applies to summoning defenses, not swapping heroes. You're free to use whatever DPS hero you'd like.
  • The team hero deck would always be 4 for the entire life of the game, no matter how many more heroes are introduced. If we had 10 heroes in the game, you'd get to choose which 4 (i.e. 16 defenses) you used to summon defenses.
  • If the hero deck is not moved to become team-based, it might as well be removed altogether. I REAALLY don't want this to happen because that's going to ruin the magic and fun of finding creative builds as more heroes are introduced.

For more details on a proposed solution, see the Defense Shrine.

What do you like about the hero deck? Do you feel it contributes to the game in any way? How would you like to see it improved?

I've re-rolled my pets stats to have two of the same i.e. both defense power, but only one stat applies and I am unable to re-roll back to two different stats.  Any plans to resolve this?

@convolution quote:

I've re-rolled my pets stats to have two of the same i.e. both defense power, but only one stat applies and I am unable to re-roll back to two different stats.  Any plans to resolve this?

Just reroll the one stat you have the option to and it will fix itself. Had the same issue.

@convolution quote:

You just have to switch hero then take back your hero with the pet you wanna reroll and go back talk to pet reroller ^^

It s glitch

@metalpower quote:

@convolution quote:

You just have to switch hero then take back your hero with the pet you wanna reroll and go back talk to pet reroller ^^

It s glitch

Or unequip the pet while you do the upgrades which saves you switching characters :)

Lightning: Will you ever rebind the apostrophe key so grammar can be saved as currently it brings up something that appears to be a chat log instead?

are you guys planning on charging $ for new maps? example releasing them in expansions, or just simpley implementing them?
:lightning: is it intentional that the frost tower doesn't appear to be buffing defences in tavern?

Will drops with Frost Power and Hearty Blockade (Mixed hero passives) be the norm in the future or will item passives be hero Specific? yay

Thoughts on deleting/selling spheres even after the spheres UI update? After a bit the 7 hero damage one is not very useful.

Lighting: Is it possible to change the selling cost of uber spheres from -1 gold to 60ish wyvern tokens for the silly people among us? (who bought two spheres)

New patch removed duplicate sphere on login "saying Opps maximum number of spheres have been reached"

Lighting: Can a swallow carry a coconut?

What happen in the balance to nm1 its a bit high and OP? I have all heroes with IPWR lvl 250+ and cant get through wave 1of first map, but yet insane on life root is a breeze. Also seems to be issues with Xpadder use some 360 buttons are recognized by the game, but not fully and interfere with Xpadder layout. I do like the Psyx though.

Edit: I found a work around for controller issue. I play on  a second controller with Xppader asignments. The game see the fist controller and no the second.

Why does Scavenger fail to scavenge all loot left in the map? 

Do you guys own stock in a vacuum cleaner company?  Because the game now feels like Vacuum Simulator 2015 (players have to spend too much time sucking up the loot manually).  Not a fun change.

So what was actually going through your design team's mind concerning the new changes to nightmare? I understand a higher level of difficulty was necessary, but did you even test it? Because with 6 level 50s and decent rerolls of plenty of legendarys I had plenty of nice gear, I walk into dragon fall and can barely make it past wave 1 let alone wave 2. You made it so it takes to wave 4 to find any gear of value, yet we can't get to wave 4 because the amount of green mana we get would make a starving African child thankful for what they have. I used Squire, Monk, Huntress, and Apprentice. Frost Power is lacking, but I understand it needed a nerf and it still works fairly decent, however you nerfed huntress traps as well as LSA and slightly buffed LA, while simultaneously nerfing ALL of the bonus passives that make any of this gear worthwhile. 100k Barricades post reroll, decent roll, but as all the enemies I'm fighting in NM1 hit like Chuck Norris on coke and steroids with a bit of chemical X thrown in there I can barely keep them alive past wave 1 with the amount of damage my UP TO CODE 240 gear is doing. "Well just use the new serenity aura passive" Oh man that would be swell if we could actually find the stupid golden ticket, TOO BAD ITS ON WAVE 4+ THAT WE ACTUALLY FIND IT. So the question stands, what were your thoughts behind these changes and how do you hope to salvage the changes you've made thus far to make NM playable? Note I didn't say easy, I said playable. I don't mind losing towers or barricades, but when the gear we're given doesn't do the damage we need to actually find gear with 7 more ipwr, what do you want me to do to actually progress, cause tbh this is harder than when me and my friends worked together to conquer all the NM4 maps with NM2 gear. It was doable then, this is literally a fools gambit.

Concerning Alpha and Beyond:

Why do most NM maps have a boss on the first wave? This totally defeats the purpose of the "no loot until the 2nd wave" change, and encourages players to farm wave 1 on maps that would otherwise be too difficult for them (which is exactly the problem we had last patch.)