Sign in to follow this  
Xengre

Trendy's Integrity Just went in the Gutter

@Blixer quote:

@TrendyBrad quote:

... can understand how DD2 is developed during this Pre-Alpha phase, and beyond. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions and we'll do our very best to answer them. 

While I appreciate the fact that you even take the time to respond TrendyBrad, it still infuriates me that you and everyone in this community continues to refer to DD2 as being in "pre-alpha" phase. I have been working in technology for nearly 20 years and I suggest you look at the software release lifecycle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

1. Pre-Alpha

The software is still under active development and not feature complete or ready for consumption by anyone other than software developers. There may be milestones during the pre-alpha which deliver specific sets of functionality, and nightly builds for other developers or users who are comfortable living on the absolute bleeding edge.

2. Alpha

The software is complete enough for internal testing. This is typically done by people other than the software engineers who wrote it, but still within the same organization or community that developed the software.

3. Beta

The software is complete enough for external testing -- that is, by groups outside the organization or community that developed the software. Beta software is usually feature complete, but may have known limitations or bugs. Betas are either closed (private) and limited to a specific set of users, or they can be open to the general public.

Let's stop the smoke screens and illusions and call DD2 what it is, a paid open beta and consider sharing a development timeline with your PAID community. 2,3,4 more years of development... what actually is the plan? If you really want to get down to the heart of the issue, i believe transparency with the timeline is what is needed. I, and others that get frustrated with the repeated 180's by development might be able to take them more in stride if we understood that we were still 1 or 2 years from release. 

Blix

It greatly depends on how you define external testing. There're lots of products which uses external tests even during pre-DEVELOPMENT phrase, but you wouldn't know it's testing based on how it is set up; they usually come in the form of surveys or purely anonymous/unannounced field testing tagged along with existing products (like for instance, DDE to test certain features for DD2). Admittedly their timeline was hazy back then, but their latest blog post about their roadmap gives more details. Granted said details could probably use more elaboration:

1) What do they consider as core features?

2) What is the approximate standard of feature stability required before moving from closed alpha to open alpha, preferably in some measurable form?

3) What do they mean by "core feature work is mostly complete"? I'd infer it to be the bugfixing and balancing being mostly done, though a direct clarification would be nice.

4) And of course, a rough gauge of time required for each phase, preferably with specific features being named for key datelines.

Also for reference, some features which I deem core and isn't implemented yet:

1) A PROPER MATCHMAKING SYSTEM/LOBBY. Can't stress this enough.

2) A way to adjust tower skins. It's in the feature list for early adopters, thus it should be considered core.

Also some things which isn't definitively core but I'd hope is.

1) Complete revamp of uber sphere/skill system, such that instead of equipping an uber sphere to change a skill/tower, you can equip skills/spheres into a skillbar of sorts, directly editing them, and possibly with a limit to the number of towers you can bring to a match.

2) Complete revamp of mod system to allow better diversification of mods for multiple tower setups.

3) A mechanic or set of skills to encourage builders to remain active during a match.

Pre-Alpha

The software is still under active development and not feature complete or ready for consumption by anyone other than software developers. There may be milestones during the pre-alpha which deliver specific sets of functionality, and nightly builds for other developers or users who are comfortable living on the absolute bleeding edge.

-------------------

I think that part pretty much says it all ...

@Woqini quote:

Pre-Alpha

I think that part pretty much says it all ...

Given the number of complaints, I wouldn't consider it adequately ready for consumption, and it's definitely not feature complete either. There are milestones implied by their roadmap, they just didn't announce them adequately to us. Nightly builds isn't a requirement, period, especially when there're multiple teams working on a single project, and forcing assets to build so rapidly is more likely to break the software and increase the necessity for wipes. Though one has to note that they DID do almost nightly builds when testing some of these new mods.

For note: I honestly think they're hindered by their commitment to minimal wipes, and development would probably go faster if they're not restricted by that.

@mkjo quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

turn into what dd1 turned into.

An awesome game with a player base still now several years later...

A game with stupidly inflated stats and content scaled to those stupidly inflated stats. I love DD1 to death and it is one of my favorite games of all time but the gear scaling in that game is hands down the worst of any game i have played. This game isn't even fully released yet and has very little content but the stats are already getting out of control, i would much rather they deal with that now than a year down the line we end up using gear with 20k stats on every piece because they were too afraid to piss a few people off in early access to correct it before it got too far out of hand.

@Woqini quote:

I've been around since day one, so you don't speak for everyone. So have a lot of my DD friends, and they feel the same i do.

If you were around since day 1 like you say you would remember the crap storm around the ridiculous stat jumps when the eternia shards dlc and nightmare modes were released.

I opened this post expecting to see some horrific news about someone getting screwed out of real money.  Then I saw it was chicken little and sky was falling. There are people complaining about other people making assumptions about their assumptions. Everyone wants to yell about the pre Alpha phase and yet they talk about it like it is full release. There is no law that defines what a Pre Alpha, Alpha, Beta phase have to be. A company sets it's goals for different phases of development as Trendy has. They even shared what the goals are to advance. If you don't agree you are free to run your own company with the model you see fit. BEFORE YOU PAID FOR THIS GAME YOU OPENLY KNEW IT WAS PRE ALPHA and that yes wipes and roll backs are possible.

Don't care what they do, I'm just going with the flow.  It's they're game after all and just be happy you can try it months, even a year before it would go live.

Remember the 80's, 90's era when you had no idea what a game was or had to wait an eternity after the announcement of a game coming out?   I just think of that when I'm on a alpha game and enjoy seeing the game grows even if some stuff bothers me.

There is always at least a little 1% stuff in games I don't like so I deal with it (something a lot of people had a VERY hard time with).

Sometimes I think game companies should just go back to the old ways, no alpha, no beta and get the game on store shelves when its ready. 

You like it, buy it, you don't like it, don't buy it, period.

Too many people act like its the end of the world when a lil something change.

@Xengre quote:

This was something complained about so much that they had to disable the feature for maps because people couldn't farm weaker maps with their drastically superior NM gear as it would get downscaled to be worse than or equivalent to the best drops on a given map. This simply downgraded your DP from say 357 to 114, or AP, etc. based on IPW value.

This means some of us will be out of bloody luck because we wont roll reasonable builder stats unless we farm for it before (for an entire set of decent new gear for every character before the patch hits) forcing us to play Insane, or worse Hard/Medium because we lack the gear necessary while others get to start immediately at NM 240 IPW maps. This is just another ploy to collect as much data on balance/changes as they can before we hit beta. I am fine with doing it in a reasonable manner but this is utterly unacceptable, especially when coupled with the deceit here.

You knew that nm is unbalanced and easy to exploit the first round, and you used that. many ppl used that to get great gear/ipwr. it was so bad that trendy turned loot drop off in the first round (or something like this). so you got your gear through a unbalance/exploit, you shouldnt blame trendy for that.

and you arrogate to know everything trendy intern?  how the code looks etc. some nm2+ items have bugged stats iirc. its not easy to keep every "right" stat and reroll "bad" stats, so its alot easier to just reroll everything, and sort wrong passives out.

@Blixer quote:

While I appreciate the fact that you even take the time to respond TrendyBrad, it still infuriates me that you and everyone in this community continues to refer to DD2 as being in "pre-alpha" phase. I have been working in technology for nearly 20 years and I suggest you look at the software release lifecycle.

thats ridiculous, you want to tech trendy in software development? pls tell me, which relevant game do you helped to develop? as someone else already said: your software rls life cycle is not a law.

@Blixer quote:

@Omm quote:

Can't help myself when I see a wiki link, it always reminds me of this...

I tried to find a dumbed down version for fools like you that have defense council as a tag and think they are in some cool club.

yeah, insulting someone who likes a company and who wants to support that company. how mature.

everyone who hates against wipes etc: when you cant handle a early access game, then dont buy it.

Edit: i dont mean the user "everyone" didnt know that theres a user

@Finaldeath quote:

@mkjo quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

turn into what dd1 turned into.

An awesome game with a player base still now several years later...

A game with stupidly inflated stats and content scaled to those stupidly inflated stats. I love DD1 to death and it is one of my favorite games of all time but the gear scaling in that game is hands down the worst of any game i have played. This game isn't even fully released yet and has very little content but the stats are already getting out of control, i would much rather they deal with that now than a year down the line we end up using gear with 20k stats on every piece because they were too afraid to piss a few people off in early access to correct it before it got too far out of hand.

@Woqini quote:

I've been around since day one, so you don't speak for everyone. So have a lot of my DD friends, and they feel the same i do.

If you were around since day 1 like you say you would remember the crap storm around the ridiculous stat jumps when the eternia shards dlc and nightmare modes were released.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something but inflated stats? You mean the fact that you can reach insane stats with enough farming to become gloriously OP yet all content is effectively viable at 2k and lower stats with proper builds and usually still able to afk with 4 players despite difficulty increase?

@Chappyy quote:

I opened this post expecting to see some horrific news about someone getting screwed out of real money.  Then I saw it was chicken little and sky was falling. There are people complaining about other people making assumptions about their assumptions. Everyone wants to yell about the pre Alpha phase and yet they talk about it like it is full release. There is no law that defines what a Pre Alpha, Alpha, Beta phase have to be. A company sets it's goals for different phases of development as Trendy has. They even shared what the goals are to advance. If you don't agree you are free to run your own company with the model you see fit. BEFORE YOU PAID FOR THIS GAME YOU OPENLY KNEW IT WAS PRE ALPHA and that yes wipes and roll backs are possible.

Of course, the point of OP is not about any of the stuff you just mentioned. :/ Some posts have definitely been getting off track.

@Nelly quote:

@Xengre quote:

This was something complained about so much that they had to disable the feature for maps because people couldn't farm weaker maps with their drastically superior NM gear as it would get downscaled to be worse than or equivalent to the best drops on a given map. This simply downgraded your DP from say 357 to 114, or AP, etc. based on IPW value.

This means some of us will be out of bloody luck because we wont roll reasonable builder stats unless we farm for it before (for an entire set of decent new gear for every character before the patch hits) forcing us to play Insane, or worse Hard/Medium because we lack the gear necessary while others get to start immediately at NM 240 IPW maps. This is just another ploy to collect as much data on balance/changes as they can before we hit beta. I am fine with doing it in a reasonable manner but this is utterly unacceptable, especially when coupled with the deceit here.

You knew that nm is unbalanced and easy to exploit the first round, and you used that. many ppl used that to get great gear/ipwr. it was so bad that trendy turned loot drop off in the first round (or something like this). so you got your gear through a unbalance/exploit, you shouldnt blame trendy for that.

and you arrogate to know everything trendy intern?  how the code looks etc. some nm2+ items have bugged stats iirc. its not easy to keep every "right" stat and reroll "bad" stats, so its alot easier to just reroll everything, and sort wrong passives out.

@Blixer quote:

While I appreciate the fact that you even take the time to respond TrendyBrad, it still infuriates me that you and everyone in this community continues to refer to DD2 as being in "pre-alpha" phase. I have been working in technology for nearly 20 years and I suggest you look at the software release lifecycle.

thats ridiculous, you want to tech trendy in software development? pls tell me, which relevant game do you helped to develop? as someone else already said: your software rls life cycle is not a law.

@Blixer quote:

@Omm quote:

I tried to find a dumbed down version for fools like you that have defense council as a tag and think they are in some cool club. 

yeah, insulting someone who likes a company and who wants to support that company. how mature.

everyone who hates against wipes etc: when you cant handle a early access game, then dont buy it.

Edit: i dont mean the user "everyone" didnt know that theres a user

The heck you talking about? I didn't exploit anything. I did full runs all the way up to 850+ IPW. The only time I ever did the Ogre boss trick was before Hearty Blockade/Frosty patch for OTHERS to get geared up to be viable in NM4 Incursion  Liferoot as tanks and the sole goal was to find high end HP gear for tanking mobs in their lane back when walls were far squishier that way they would be practical to run with in NM4 Incursion when I build. I never did the trap nonsense and was still in Onslaught Hard leveling  characters when that wernt down. Your complaints about code and bugs are invalid because those are actually very easy to fix since it is basic data with specified parameters that you can have a function run through to correct or bring them down to 240 IPW. So much of your information and assumption is so far off that you probably shouldn't discuss a topic you genuinely don't comprehend. I don't mean this in an insulting manner but in a state of too many ignorant people calling out that so and so should be allowed to do so and so because they don't know just how wrong they are only exacerbates the issue.

Those commenting about "maybe you should wait until release/beta" need to go back and read the full OP before making such comments because they completely missed the point of the entire thread.

@RedL1ne quote:

most of other games have free betas and thats ok to be wiped there sometimes. But if devs sell game as partially finished product that's wrong in anyway to wipe players again and again.

It even states on the launcher that it is alpha. Learn to read and get over yourself it is not in release version it is in development. Wipes happen.

@Knctrnl1 quote:
@RedL1ne quote:

most of other games have free betas and thats ok to be wiped there sometimes. But if devs sell game as partially finished product that's wrong in anyway to wipe players again and again.

It even states on the launcher that it is alpha. Learn to read and get over yourself it is not in release version it is in development. Wipes happen.

Alpha, Beta, Omega? Nobodycares, thats just names. And each studio has own definition for them.

Btw Usually pre-alpha that's stage when game is only on paper as idea. If they need money, kickstarter'd be better way to get them.

This wipe just show, that they dont care about u . They'll have new players later, but we can already leave. DD2 isnt longplayed (for years) game like WoW, D3, Lineage 2 etc. And Trendy knows that.

And im sure, most of wipe-defenders will leave this game too. Before final release.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=236110&from=1435698000000&to=End+Time

Enjoy this awesome graph.

@Blixer quote:

@Omm quote:

Let me make it easier for you and your club members: 

Software Release Cycle

ps - i love Michael Scott

Whoa, easy there little girl. Sorry your feelings got hurt so easily, I will be more gentle in what I say with you.

Just to be clear, I didn't say anything negative about your post. Just wiki...

It's just, anytime I see wiki it reminds me of that episode and makes me laugh. But hey, as Scott says "you really went after my intelligence there".

P.S. I won my seat in the council after I donated to the charity, missed the deadline by several hours. I put in the code to play the game and it gave me this tag. I don't feel a part of any kind of cool club though. I'm just a player who loves this game like you do. 

@Omm quote:

@Blixer quote:

@Omm quote:

Software Release Cycle

Whoa, easy there little girl. Sorry your feelings got hurt so easily, I will be more gentle in what I say with you.

It's just, anytime I see wiki it reminds me of that episode and makes me laugh. But hey, as Scott says "you really went after my intelligence there".

P.S. I won my seat in the council after I donated to the charity, missed the deadline by several hours. I put in the code to play the game and it gave me this tag. I don't feel a part of any kind of cool club though. I'm just a player who loves this game like you do. 

Yup. Best 30 dollars I have spent on games in a while. Even got the collectors edition for free. Not sure if it was only DC that got it a few months back or not. But check your email from Trendy and if you have not gotten it , you should have.

I feel its sorta selfish to rant at Trendy for actually addressing flaws with their design. I myself never want the gear to inflate like it happened in DD1. 

The game really isn't all that fun at the moment where most of the end game content is AFKable.

And this OP, dont you think they would simply pushed the button if it would let them scale back the iPWR on gear?

As adressed by Brad(I think) clearly says its not doable without a lot of work. Why would we want them spending time on some gear we have earned which will probably be outdated in a map or two?

Again it is just selfish. About them saying not planned full wipes. Yes, they could of said there will probably be a item re scaling sooner. But OP going all out rage mode is just silly. I have my gripes about the game and Trendy's stand on certain things. But this "wipe" if you can even call it that is by far one of them. 

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Omm quote:

@Blixer quote:

@Omm quote:

Software Release Cycle

Yup. Best 30 dollars I have spent on games in a while. Even got the collectors edition for free. Not sure if it was only DC that got it a few months back or not. But check your email from Trendy and if you have not gotten it , you should have.

I feel its sorta selfish to rant at Trendy for actually addressing flaws with their design. I myself never want the gear to inflate like it happened in DD1. 

The game really isn't all that fun at the moment where most of the end game content is AFKable.

And this OP, dont you think they would simply pushed the button if it would let them scale back the iPWR on gear?

As adressed by Brad(I think) clearly says its not doable without a lot of work. Why would we want them spending time on some gear we have earned which will probably be outdated in a map or two?

Again it is just selfish. About them saying not planned full wipes. Yes, they could of said there will probably be a item re scaling sooner. But OP going all out rage mode is just silly. I have my gripes about the game and Trendy's stand on certain things. But this "wipe" if you can even call it that is by far one of them. 

What do you mean addressed by Brad? This feature LITERALLY existed before and has merely been disabled. On top of this it is only a data file write issue with parameter checking based on a mathematical function to roll the value for the given IPW value (of which they are using to reroll in the first place). It is a joke to say it is difficult or impossible to reroll the stats for the correct IPW value aka downgrade even had the feature never existed. It is so easy to do something like this, in fact, I could have a relatively new programmer in college perform the task in anywhere from a couple of hours to a few days. For anyone already familiar with it this would take no more then minutes to hours. There exists no definable excuse here.

I did not go all out rage mode. I pointed out valid concern over the transparency or lack of with Trendy and how they basically jerk around their players at whim. If they had been more forthcoming about such events it wouldn't be nearly as big a deal. I see no problem in calling them out when they blatantly lie about the stat downgrading/reroll issue though and expect their player base to actually be stupid enough to not know better. Don't see how you found this to be acceptable. Notice the refusal to return to this thread and debate/defend against my points when TrendyBrad got called on his lies and BS?

@Xengre quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

Maybe I am misunderstanding something but inflated stats? You mean the fact that you can reach insane stats with enough farming to become gloriously OP yet all content is effectively viable at 2k and lower stats with proper builds and usually still able to afk with 4 players despite difficulty increase?

The massive stat jumps between different "tiers" of content, whenever something new came out instead of gradual stat increase they would have huge jumps each time which at first wasn't all that bad but they continued this trend with every single new piece of dlc they released. Not only did this result in ridiculously high numbers for no reason whatsoever, it also made it no longer worth doing anything other than the newest map nonstop until the next update because no gear from other maps even closely compared to the kind of stats the newest map gave. Because all of the new content as it was released had such drastic stat jumps it also required near top end gear from the previous map to do otherwise it would be a complete facerool which made natural progression through the content for new players after the fact much harder unless they either got boosted by someone or bought gear from other players thus ruining pretty much the entire game. They also started running into major issues due to the massively high stats like stats rolling over into negatives because the engine couldn't handle it anymore so most of the gear you would end up finding had all stats extremely deep into the negatives making you grind much more to get upgrades or even get any gear that is even usable at all. Half of the time we had to spend gear upgrades into getting stats out of the negative to make it semi usable because we had to bite the bullet and get gear with 1 negative stat but 1 extremely high positive stat.

While it was nowhere near as bad here you also have to consider this is still an unfinished game with nowhere near the amount of  content as it will once released and even further after release, they need to perfect the progression path NOW when wipes/rerolls are still on the table to get it right instead of "releasing" the game and having broken progression that does nothing but causes countless problems later on. If stats are already getting pretty high now what will they look like when they get to the point of adding new maps?

@Xengre quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Omm quote:

@Blixer quote:

@Omm quote:

Software Release Cycle

What do you mean addressed by Brad? This feature LITERALLY existed before and has merely been disabled. On top of this it is only a data file write issue with parameter checking based on a mathematical function to roll the value for the given IPW value (of which they are using to reroll in the first place). It is a joke to say it is difficult or impossible to reroll the stats for the correct IPW value aka downgrade even had the feature never existed. It is so easy to do something like this, in fact, I could have a relatively new programmer in college perform the task in anywhere from a couple of hours to a few days. For anyone already familiar with it this would take no more then minutes to hours. There exists no definable excuse here.

I did not go all out rage mode. I pointed out valid concern over the transparency or lack of with Trendy and how they basically jerk around their players at whim. If they had been more forthcoming about such events it wouldn't be nearly as big a deal. I see no problem in calling them out when they blatantly lie about the stat downgrading/reroll issue though and expect their player base to actually be stupid enough to not know better. Don't see how you found this to be acceptable. Notice the refusal to return to this thread and debate/defend against my points when TrendyBrad got called on his lies and BS?

And your college student could single out the 47 combinations of maps that has the potential of giving higher than 240 gear? Not knowing what code they have in place, and know what his impact on your sure "this is just a numbers game file?" 

Again you just ignore the response from Trendy. Ofc they are just lying, they want to reroll our gear that bad! 

You assume they have a perfect system in place that lets them wipe/reroll/rescale hundreds of thousands of gear items.... Based on a system that simply just reduced our stats, nothing to with our gear items itself, other than the value they all had combined together. 

Can you show me the code they have in place for what you claim they have? Since you are so sure they can do it without wasting their time?

@Xengre quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Omm quote:

@Blixer quote:

@Omm quote:

Software Release Cycle

Ahhh the good old "I know that the developers are lying and this thing they say is really hard is actually super easy, even though I haven't got the slightest clue how they coded this stuff" excuse. I really don't get how they aren't being transparent. TrendyBrad's post seemed pretty clear to me. He gave a pretty detailed post on exactly why they need to reroll stats. Be thankful that's all they need to do, it's not a full-on wipe like we a month or so ago. 

The only issue is people getting paranoid over nothing, trying to start drama out of thin air.

@Finaldeath quote:
Personally, I thought the massive stat jump was a necessity to increase difficulty. It is extremely common in any game with RNG/gearing of this type including MMOs, Diable, and many others. Your post makes the assumption that you HAD to have the newest gear from the newest maps which is pretty far off the mark. Heck, with gear you can get from Aquanos NM Survival ONLY you can beat ALL content in the game (and this is only with Mythic/Trans pieces) and still afk with 4 players as long as you build properly and focus on the right stats with your gear. Supreme/Ult have never been a necessity. In fact, farming the newest maps is only a necessity if you want the absolute highest stats you can achieve which is silly overkill thought it can be fun in such a game. Oh, I see your post also includes that the newest most perfect gear is mandatory from the newest maps else you can not complete the newer content. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and have painted yourself as being quite bad at the game. I don't mean to insult you, but you ARE TERRIBLE at DD1 if this is your opinion. The "stats rolling negative" started occurring with all campaign NM maps and got really bad at Misty Mire. It is not an issue reserved to the newer content. Due to how the gearing system works it has issues, though the negative stat thing is not one of those issues. You will not find more powerful gear that doesn't have negatives while having high stats across the board. This is the entire point of focusing on the stats you need for a given class such as Def HP/Def Dmg for summoners completely ignoring Range/Rate because those scale like utter garbage.

Your second paragraph still has, quite literally, nothing to do with my post. Sigh... just stop posting here if you wont bother to read and you are so overwhelmingly misinformed. This is about as unproductive as a post can be short of a mass flame war.

@PandynatorDD quote:

And your college student could single out the 47 combinations of maps that has the potential of giving higher than 240 gear? Not knowing what code they have in place, and know what his impact on your sure "this is just a numbers game file?" 

Again you just ignore the response from Trendy. Ofc they are just lying, they want to reroll our gear that bad! 

You assume they have a perfect system in place that lets them wipe/reroll/rescale hundreds of thousands of gear items.... Based on a system that simply just reduced our stats, nothing to with our gear items itself, other than the value they all had combined together. 

Can you show me the code they have in place for what you claim they have? Since you are so sure they can do it without wasting their time?

Map combinations has nothing to do with it. It takes a formula that inserts IPW range and loot drop chances and formulates a resulting drop with stats/passives. It is based on the IPW range NOT the map. The map merely has an assigned IPW range which it references.

No, you ignored the response from Trendy and didn't bother to read it and then spout silly crap because you don't know what you are talking about or what was even said, apparently.

@Crossfire024 quote:

Ahhh the good old "I know that the developers are lying and this thing they say is really hard is actually super easy, even though I haven't got the slightest clue how they coded this stuff" excuse. I really don't get how they aren't being transparent. TrendyBrad's post seemed pretty clear to me. He gave a pretty detailed post on exactly why they need to reroll stats. Be thankful that's all they need to do, it's not a full-on wipe like we a month or so ago. 

The only issue is people getting paranoid over nothing, trying to start drama out of thin air.

Except I do not need to see how they have coded this to know you can literally scan the text documents for the data, and as you run through the data rerolling to the new stat values make sure the value is set as the correct flag (def power, hero hp, etc.) or brute force it and keep spamming until you get a matching flag. Hilariously enough, it is THAT EASY. He also made the idiotic claim that their previous system could not perform the downgrade function even tho that is EXACTLY what it did in the past. How did you miss this obvious point? It is like a thief saying, "No, I did not steal from the store." when you have it on video showing they did just that.

@Kevo149 quote:

I See we have an Armchair dev in here. 

Add more to your post or get out of the thread please. I bring up a valid issue, we get a dev lying and proof is shown as such and he refuses to return nor does any other Trendy dev and you seem to find this is acceptable? I guess you are alright with being strung along, but some of us aren't.

@TrendyBrad quote:

But sadly, we can't re-roll a specific stat to be a lower version of itself, even after investigating if it was a straightforward add to the versioning system. 

I think it's disappointing that this wasn't supported by yourselves. It was something that was achievable in DDE (reference Akatiti loot scale back), and given the facility had to be used there, you'd have thought it was something that would have made it into DD2.

I'm not a programmer by any stretch so it might well be far more complicated than that, but I'm merely pointing out that [1] it *is* possible - you guys did it - and [2] you guys had to make use of it so really should have seen the value of it, and made it a priority for DD2.

Now at this point I expect Josh to point out it "was a different team responsible for DDE", as he did the last time I mentioned something that happened in DDE. Sure, but it's still under the Trendy umbrella, and DD2 is, ultimately, a successor to DDE (let's not get technical about the distinction between DDE and DD1 please, after all DDE is supposed to be the "definitive" version of the latter, and the less said about that the better).

But there comes a point in time when finger pointing ("that wasn't us, that was them!") isn't helpful. DDE was at least a development/testing platform for DD2 (Playverse, if nothing else). That really should have extended to other things that would improve the DD2 experience, such as item variables.

All this brings us to the question, Brad (or anyone else at Trendy). What happens if this happens again after release? Are we going to end up with a wipe post-release if some bugged-stats-gear enters the game? It has happened before... (yes yes, different team... same franchise and same publisher though!)

Interestingly enough, more time has been spent arguing about the gear than it will take to outclass it with better gear.

@Xengre quote:

This is about as unproductive as a post can be short of a mass flame war.

This whole post is nothing but a flame war, and it is obvious to us all that it was intended to be - all the way from post #1.

The only reason it hasn't been locked for being against the forum rules is because of the PR backlash that would cause, with people like you claiming that Trendy is just "silencing people that complain about them"

You're not only name-calling, you're deliberately attacking specific people, both devs and not devs, by name.  Congratulations, you've brought maturity here to a whole new low.

Trendy didn't promise no more wipes.  They promised that they would avoid if possible, and they specifically said that they would do everything they could to avoid any more full wipes.  That statement by itself is a clue to all of us that they can and will remove specific things, be they items/pets/spheres/etc as they have to, if they have no other option.

Your claims that Brad is lying to you about what the current code is capable of are just silly.  If he tells you the downleveling methods can't actually permanently modify the items, then they can't.  He has no reason to lie to you.

Be done with this ridiculous rant - it's an embarrassment to us all.

@Xengre quote:

The heck you talking about? I didn't exploit anything. I did full runs all the way up to 850+ IPW. The only time I ever did the Ogre boss trick was before Hearty Blockade/Frosty patch for OTHERS to get geared up to be viable in NM4 Incursion  Liferoot as tanks and the sole goal was to find high end HP gear for tanking mobs in their lane back when walls were far squishier that way they would be practical to run with in NM4 Incursion when I build. I never did the trap nonsense and was still in Onslaught Hard leveling  characters when that wernt down. Your complaints about code and bugs are invalid because those are actually very easy to fix since it is basic data with specified parameters that you can have a function run through to correct or bring them down to 240 IPW. So much of your information and assumption is so far off that you probably shouldn't discuss a topic you genuinely don't comprehend. I don't mean this in an insulting manner but in a state of too many ignorant people calling out that so and so should be allowed to do so and so because they don't know just how wrong they are only exacerbates the issue.

Those commenting about "maybe you should wait until release/beta" need to go back and read the full OP before making such comments because they completely missed the point of the entire thread.

I dont care how do you get to nm. NM4 was to easy and thats a fact. whole nm was unbalanced and easy to exploit.

And since that you have 100years of dev experience, pls show me your games which you devloped before.

@stretchyalien quote:

@Xengre quote:

This is about as unproductive as a post can be short of a mass flame war.

This whole post is nothing but a flame war, and it is obvious to us all that it was intended to be - all the way from post #1.

The only reason it hasn't been locked for being against the forum rules is because of the PR backlash that would cause, with people like you claiming that Trendy is just "silencing people that complain about them"

You're not only name-calling, you're deliberately attacking specific people, both devs and not devs, by name.  Congratulations, you've brought maturity here to a whole new low.

Trendy didn't promise no more wipes.  They promised that they would avoid if possible, and they specifically said that they would do everything they could to avoid any more full wipes.  That statement by itself is a clue to all of us that they can and will remove specific things, be they items/pets/spheres/etc as they have to, if they have no other option.

Your claims that Brad is lying to you about what the current code is capable of are just silly.  If he tells you the downleveling methods can't actually permanently modify the items, then they can't.  He has no reason to lie to you.

Be done with this ridiculous rant - it's an embarrassment to us all.

A big Thank you, i think exactly the same. Its funny to see that here are people who know the code from DD2 better then the devs.