Sign in to follow this  
Hiimmas

Farewell, sweet prince - your life [will be] too short

So I haven't read much on the threads about these, but since Frost Fire can ONLY drop on that staff (same with all the new legendary weapons) wouldn't it still have at least frost fire, but the rest reroll so you will likely lose the DP and snowstorm?

@MaximumRico quote:

So I haven't read much on the threads about these, but since Frost Fire can ONLY drop on that staff (same with all the new legendary weapons) wouldn't it still have at least frost fire, but the rest reroll so you will likely lose the DP and snowstorm?

If they keep these special items with the same rules as now, then they should keep the frost fire or the sword with hearty harpoon.

@batoutofhe11 quote:

you mean they are taking away the boost ability from a tower that has no reason to be able to boost? some sensibility! we need to celebrate

Your post doesn't make sense, what are you talking about? They aren't removing any abilities from the game.

@Ryukashin quote:

Your post doesn't make sense, what are you talking about? They aren't removing any abilities from the game.

I think he's talking about the weapon rolls getting re-rolled. I agree with him though, there shouldn't be a Frost Tower roll that buffs defenses around it. It makes building feel restricted.  They should've just made the boost aura more useful and added a Frost Tower roll such as: "% chance to freeze enemies in place for % time" or something that makes sense. 

batoutofhe11 is talking about taking the boost ability away from a tower, not rerolling. However his comment/post doesn't make sense as the devs are not removing any abilities from the game, especially not one they just introduced. They may tweak it but they are not going to remove it.

It seems like the point of the passives are to give more ways to have a build. The frostbite towers aren't necessary but make a build more powerful if building for it. Its still early and there will probably be more passives in the future. 

Frostbite passive doesn't do anything for ranged tower builders or for the burn traps, its not talked about as much but the people who built for hearty harpoon and sploody harpoon have tier 1 towers that do 20-30k dps. 

my post was centered around the OP saying something like that the build passives were going to be limited to only in game certain level weapons, much like how the DD1 stage 15 pets and weapons had exceptional stats or abilities (the through the wall shot for huntress). i was commenting that i think it is good they are getting rid of the tower build passives, i should have said that they are limiting them. my mistake. 

but yes, i think the passives they have done were poorly planned and badly executed, with the frostboost one making the least amount of sense. i do think they need to revamp and strengthen the towers, not give them gimmicky ways to make certain ones impossibly powerful. 

@Ryukashin quote:

batoutofhe11 is talking about taking the boost ability away from a tower, not rerolling. However his comment/post doesn't make sense as the devs are not removing any abilities from the game, especially not one they just introduced. They may tweak it but they are not going to remove it.

It seems like the point of the passives are to give more ways to have a build. The frostbite towers aren't necessary but make a build more powerful if building for it. Its still early and there will probably be more passives in the future. 

Frostbite passive doesn't do anything for ranged tower builders or for the burn traps, its not talked about as much but the people who built for hearty harpoon and sploody harpoon have tier 1 towers that do 20-30k dps.