Sign in to follow this  
gigazelle

5 bonus maps daily isn't going to magically fix progression.

@Finaldeath quote:

It is probably far too late for drastic changes to stuff like this but one game i really love how the lvling works is Skyforge. 

i thought i am the only one that plays this game lmao

@gigazelle quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

As I said earlier. And I would like a response to that specific thing. When they release new heroes, will I simply be able to put my gear on it and I am set in your account based system? 

I cannot see any solution to a account level system where getting a new hero will enable it to have progression. Other than "unlock this after gaining X account levels". Then what would this system really bring?

In short, my proposal is that when a new hero is released, yes the new hero would be able to join your existing heroes to tackle late-game content if you're already at that stage. Perhaps there could be a tutorial that you'd go through that would unlock everything step-by-step showing you how each defense/ability works. That would be a lot better than dropping the new hero in a round of onslaught, watching a movie on your other screen as they level up on their own. At that point you're not even playing the game, so why subject players to it?

AFKing in onslaught, being the most optimal thing, right now. Yes. 

So how about after the new patch, where 5 maps per day giving more XP and the harder difficulty the more XP you will get. 

And the philosophy of NM4 "needing well thought out builds" and only aimed at the top of players. 

Dont you think this will make it easy enough to level up heroes? 

It is already damn easy compared to the grind that was DD1 lvl 100. 

So if after the new patch, probably gaining 200/250% with 3 level 50s in your deck is not enough. Including new maps and Nightmare actually giving XP.

Hopefully we wont be able to just afk any nightmare map. 

I think we should give them some time to do their things, and see how well they can make the progression from after campaign to 50. 

I think the end game tiers giving XP will do enough for the leveling that we can farm decent gear and still level up our heroes.

Maybe I am too positive about it, then again in a 20 wave onslaught or so I level from 1 to 36. Do we really need to be able to reach max level instantly/or in two/three maps?

I have almost 7 heroes at 50. I can say, the two first were the most boring ones. Mostly due to the grind after campaign. Which they have said to improved, I have not leveled solo after that so I dont know. 

@PandynatorDD quote:

So how about after the new patch, where 5 maps per day giving more XP and the harder difficulty the more XP you will get. 

This was covered in my original post:
"Best case scenario is that it's going to deter players from farming easy maps for the first hour they play, then they're going to go right back to farming the same map over and over that gives the best XP. Worst case scenario is that the effort it takes to play those 5 maps exceeds the reward, so they'll ignore it entirely and go straight back to Free Play Easy."

@PandynatorDD quote:

It is already damn easy compared to the grind that was DD1 lvl 100. 

DD1's alt hero leveling system is a pile of poo, and DD2's alt hero leveling system is a less foul-smelling pile of poo. Both games make this a major detractor from the player experience, which is why this thread was created.

@PandynatorDD quote:

I think we should give them some time to do their things, and see how well they can make the progression from after campaign to 50.

This is a double-edged sword for me, because for all we know they could be taking the game in a direction that makes this issue even worse. It's good to discuss these things with each other so Trendy is aware of the issue and can take action on improving the system, even if it's a long-term goal. It's important to discuss these issues, but yes, you're correct that we must be patient with Trendy because changes cannot happen overnight.

The sooner we start to discuss something we really dislike and think this might become an even bigger problem over time, the better it is.

As all of us know, it is intended to implement more heroes to the game. To be honest I can't stand the imagination of leveling those too.

When I leveled my 2nd and 3rd heroe I already cursed the game because harder content does not really provide me more xp.

• Yes, at DD1 I used Tavern Defense to bring my alt heroes to max level.
  • Yes, it was rather fast.
  • Yes, it was boring though. Really boring.
  • No, I would not do it again.

Months ago I still hoped for the hero deck leveling to become reality. No idea why this wasn't implemented. It would not be the best solution but it would be better than the current situation.

Somehow it would be really cool to use some ingame-achievements to promote heroes to certain levels. This feature would not necessarily include a xp-wipe because the heroes could just keep their level while some players could volunteerly wipe their heroes... just like 'everybody who deletes all their heroes get item xy as reward'.

If they revamped xp progression and wanted players to test it out, they could reward players who deleted a level 50 hero with an exclusive cosmetic, and I would totally be willing to do that.

@gigazelle quote:

If they revamped xp progression and wanted players to test it out, they could reward players who deleted a level 50 hero with an exclusive cosmetic, and I would totally be willing to do that.

I would delete all 4 of my 50's to test that out. I'm all for a new system.

I'd love a new system. I don't have any problem leveling up another hero to 50 if there's a full wipe since I'm sure they'd make It interesting in some way, since the campaign mode was just that awesome. But for now, you can just get from 0 to 50 in one sitting completely and effortlessly being afk in onslaught, so i really don't mind leveling up alts atm.

Guys cmon have you ever tried to play other RPG games? Do you remember what was the fastest way to lvling in WOW, Fallout, In Warcraft, in almost every RPG game:) Yes it was grinding over and over the best XP location or monsters. It was always like that why? Because everybody wants 0 - maxLVL as fastest as possible not as much fun as possible. You can play other maps then siphon D onslaught on hard and afk it. Why you don´t do it? Oh yes because it gives the best XP and no fun. So why you don´t play other map which is fun but it will take you more time. You need to choose have fun and slow XP, or no fun and fast XP.

Of course there is a way that it will be fun as in campaign mode for example - but it needs time for Trendy to give it to us. I think that onslaught is 1000x better then it was before - remember Betsy easy campaign 40x times?:) that was really boring - against this onslaught is super fun for me:) So be grateful guys cmon I think to level 0-50 in 6 hours is really really fast leveling. I would personally degrade XP gain so much. Because now it is way too easy to lvl and progression is maybe hard for newbies but for others not at all.

@atharix quote:

Guys cmon have you ever tried to play other RPG games? Do you remember what was the fastest way to lvling in WOW, Fallout, In Warcraft, in almost every RPG game:) Yes it was grinding over and over the best XP location or monsters. It was always like that why? Because everybody wants 0 - maxLVL as fastest as possible not as much fun as possible. You can play other maps then siphon D onslaught on hard and afk it. Why you don´t do it? Oh yes because it gives the best XP and no fun. So why you don´t play other map which is fun but it will take you more time. You need to choose have fun and slow XP, or no fun and fast XP.

Of course there is a way that it will be fun as in campaign mode for example - but it needs time for Trendy to give it to us. I think that onslaught is 1000x better then it was before - remember Betsy easy campaign 40x times?:) that was really boring - against this onslaught is super fun for me:) So be grateful guys cmon I think to level 0-50 in 6 hours is really really fast leveling. I would personally degrade XP gain so much. Because now it is way too easy to lvl and progression is maybe hard for newbies but for others not at all.

The ideal situation is that the activities that give you the most XP are also the most fun. If Trendy was able to make it so the most effective way to progress was to enjoy the game, we're looking at gameplay more fun than the titles you listed.

While I agree that leveling alts currently sucks, I'm withholding judgement until after the upcoming alpha patch to see if the tweaks they've made to XP gain in endgame content rectify the situation.

My concern for how this works is more oriented around some conflicting priorities.  I like to have the endgame content designed such that it's challenging, and requires my hero to be actively participating.  I fear that this would make using endgame to level alts impractical.