Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 34

Have a question for us? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream on Friday, August 28th at 5PM EDT. Please follow the format below. We will select 5-10 long-form questions and as many lightning round questions as we can to answer on the Devstream.

Format:

Two questions that you would like to get a longer answer on. As many questions as you would like to get a yes/no on. Please mark these as "Lightning" at the beginning of the question. (For example, "Lightning:  If you blame an Isom in the woods, does it make a sound?")

Lightning:

1. What are plans for the Shellium Shards? I'm hoping they will be usable beyond just pet upgrades in the future.
  2. While you did ditch the iPwr requirements in the past, what are your thoughts on bringing back a modified version of that?  For example: To play any NM1 Map, you need iPwr of X.  To play any NM2 map you need iPwr of Y.  And so on.  This would likely help slow game progress down just a little, encourage more game play on the NM1-3 maps, and prevent skipping straight to NM4 in the future.

1. At the seamstress' we currently can preview the later evolution of accessoires only after we have bought them. Is this intended or will this be changed later?
  2. Do we have a chance to get ridiculous (this is meant positive) funny weapons like a high five or a spider shooter for DD2? ...'cause stuff like this is what got me caught at first when playing DD1. ^^

lightning:

• Will there be more elements in the game at a later time? (maybe with additional heroes after official launch)
  • Will other heroes get pirate skins too?

Long1: Mix/Match costumes & accessories, please?
So the way the loot and survive "survivor" costume,  - and the new "pioneer" accessory, or the stream's "bane mask" and other standard accessories: currently you're stuck with one or the other.
-I would love to be able to use my huntress' Survivor outfit, with the Pioneer accessory I'm about to get (instead of the survivor hood).
-Or the Monk's survivor outfit with my Bane Mask instead of the survivor straw hat.
-Etc

Long2: Reduce hatch time to 4 hours, please?
-I currently have ~40 eggs in my inventory, even if I was on the money hatching one egg every 8 hours (including while I sleep), I can only hatch 6 of these before they rot.
-Reducing hatch time to 4 hours default would increase the use of eggs, because I already have plenty of shellium (I don't need 34 more shellium every time this happens, and I don't feel like I need the gold from selling).

Lightning:
1) add the ability to cannibalize/merge pets into something useful? (Food, pet evolve items, pet skill reroll, pet dmg type reroll, etc)
2) Onslaught: add Pet Food as a reward option (Preferably in a stack of 1-3+)?
Edit:
3)
Add a keyboard shortcut for: send all items to temp inv?
4) Stack consumables better? (Pet foods, reroll items, etc)

Thanks for everything you guys do, and welcome back iamisom

1. WE can preview them prior to buying as well. Unless they recently changed that :)

@Dreizehn quote:
  1. At the seamstress' we currently can preview the later evolution of accessoires only after we have bought them. Is this intended or will this be changed later?
  2. Do we have a chance to get ridiculous (this is meant positive) funny weapons like a high five or a spider shooter for DD2? ...'cause stuff like this is what got me caught at first when playing DD1. ^^

lightning:

• Will there be more elements in the game at a later time? (maybe with additional heroes after official launch)
  • Will other heroes get pirate skins too?

Will Ubers ever get passive abilities? 

-All these new passives seem to be slightly modifing towers UBers seem to change the towers almost altogether, cant see why they wont deserve some slight modifications :D

The large Panic Fire Sphere doesn't trigger on Lightning aura or Lightning strike aura, I imagine this is because from a coding stand point the aura is not truly taking damage is this intended?

1. will pets be given more abilities or a revamped UI to show how many attacks it makes, or its overall dps?

2. will there be a pet experience rework, or is the huge amount of effort needed to get a good pet completely intentional(im okay with this one)

LIGHTNING-  will wyvern tokens be easier to aquire in the new alpha update

LIGHTNING-  why do pets get full at 1770 cakes?

LIGHTNING- will my katkarot ever go super saiyen 3?

• Could we be allowed to mix & match the new accessories that can be unlocked with the rollback with the survivor sets? It's not very fun to have to outright pick between something we've unlocked for the full wipe or a single head accessory
  • Can the egg NPC be setup so we can queue up eggs to hatch? With the current 8 hour wait + early morning maintenance preventing me from picking an egg before work I've only been able to actually hatch 1 egg per day for quite a while.

Lightning Questions:

• (Part 1) Are there any plans for using excess green mana after using all DU/upgrading all towers to maximum rank? (Think Onslaught)
  • (Part 2) Would you consider letting players 'spend' green mana to increase wave difficulty for bigger rewards?
  • Any thoughts on giving Golden Eggs the possibility of giving 'gold essence' (or just dropping gold essence instead of Golden Eggs on occasion) which allows players to upgrade existing pets to golden ones?
  • Do you think in the future you may allow some form of 'XP funneling' from max level characters to others?

Hey guys! Thanks for answering last devstream, I couldn't really watch It live because of work/college but I got it on youtube. This time i will hopefully get it live though.

-Long question: The mini-achievements we had during missions are gone(don't know what to call them?). I haven't heard any talk about this. They're just gone. What happened? It was so satisfying to hear that sound when you hit a lot of minions at once with your skills and got rewarded for It. It was rewarding fixing every single trap every single wave. It was fun. Was it really removed? Is it being reworked?

Thanks for the time and party on, bros! Keep up the awesome job!!

I really liked the the initial launch of "Loot and survive"- You needed to gain the gear yourself.

Will the "New Nightmare" be accessible to all players? Will we simply be able to skip from level 50 to NM4 if we join a well geared player? 

Longer Answer:

The post about A&B (Alpha and Beyond) says when gear is rerolled it will stay the same type "a bow will still be a bow", does this include specific  weapon/relic type items?  Will the totems stay totems, will my passive specific apprentice weapon "Chilling Touch" with Frost Fire passive stay that rare legendary weapon?

All Lightning:

Will you add Weekly quests to go along with the monthly/dailies?

Will gear that started at 230ipwr and upgraded past 240 be reset with A&B Patch?

Can we expect re-scaling with passives with the A&B Patch to not all be as strong as they are?

Do you have plans to add more ubers in the future for the existing classes?

Do you play more than 2 hours of dungeon defenders a week outside of work? If so, alone, with eachother, or with the community?

What is in the works for preventing players from using strong defensive/CC characters to skip all content before NM4 again?

Why can't my Flickerwick dream of being as strong as the big boys?

Lightning: Does the nightmare solo rebalance include differentiating between 1, 2, 3 and 4 players rather than just between 1/2 and 3/4.

Lightning: Are the current upgrade scalings for 20 and 30 DU defenses intended even though they don't come close to what the associated patch notes say?

Long Question: When farming for gear, we get loot from all classes dropped. In the future, with the release of new characters and more passives, will we be able to farm for class-specific gear without having to sort through large amount of unneeded loot? And further, much further, into the future how would you alleviate having to farm a large amount of passives in order to get the gear a player wants for a specific set (assuming there are 4 or more class specific sets)?

Lightning! (o^~^o)-_zZ ~chu

• Will you be releasing the next set of character-specific passives after Alpha release?
  • Will we be seeing the new social tavern soon? (By soon, I mean within the next month or two)
  • (Unrelated to DD2) If you are playing Diablo 3: Season 4 Hardcore, what classes will you be playing as?

Long: You've been adding strong passives for ballistas, frosties, blaze ballons and next up something monky. Are you planning (long-term) on creating equally interesting and powerful passives for all the other defenses?  Given the strength of the current new passives, I feel like we're being pigeonholed into playing with those in particular. Nobody reached round 50 on the hardest onslaught using cannons and flamebursts.

Long: There is a slight disconnect in some ubers, in the sense that some are used during building and some during combat. I could, theoretically, build cannonball towers then switch over to the bouncy sword beam uber when the fighting begins. Are you planning on rectifying this disconnect somehow, or is it intended?

Question: Not being able to sell others defenses can be a big pain when they take up all DUs in the Social Tavern so you can't test your own (they often spam defenses simply to annoy), and when people join a game and ruin the game by building defenses simply to annoy (I've had that experience a lot). So my question is: Are you going to make it possible to sell others defenses?

Question: Joining a Private Tavern takes a lot of steps: First you need to make a private game, then you need to either win or lose, and then go to tavern that way... Would you consider making it possible to join a Private Tavern directly from Social Tavern instead?

Long: In DD1, playing as a HeroDPS felt more meaningful as you had many choices of weapons, each with their own speed and effect. This meant that a choice of weapon wasn't always down to 'having the right stats'. How will you bring this type of build diversity into DD2?

Long: The elemental damage system haven't gotten much attention since the advent of Pre-Alpha, and since then the combos have mostly been insignificant. What plans do you have for making elemental damage combinations have more impact? 

Lightning:

• Will you let us stack pet food (pretty please) ?
  • Will all skill spheres be available through the tavern?
  • Will certain items be tied to certain bosses/maps?
  • ...can you please let Tornado deal damage to grounded units? =[

Question: Can you give us an option when selecting a defense (like lightning strikes aura) to select whether we want lightning strikes aura or lightning aura? Instead of having to remove the uber just to place regular

Since all gear above 240 i-power is going to be re-rolled, why not edit your loot tables (NOW) to limit all new gear drops to 240 maximum?  This would allow us to play the special weekend events without the overwhelming dread that it is all pointless because the passives are going to be screwed up by the RNG after the edit.

Lightning: Are there any plans to investigate drop rates on passives? (re: my thread on this)

Lightning: Will Onslaught drops scale better in open alpha? Will rewards chosen be better? (No 1 wyvern after 15-20 waves)

Lightning: Are there any plans for abilities to interact with towers or effects? ie. Tornado increasing burning damage being taken since it is wind, or more abilities to break frozen targets (I think concussion grenade should break them as well).

Lightning:

• The daily quest for "Play 5 incursions" doesn't require you to win (you can join and wipe 5 times to complete it).  Is this working as intended?  Do players get a bigger reward for winning 5 times?
  • Please can we have an Exploding Kittens tie in (pet maybe)?
  • When will we stop being able to buy collectors edition?  Alpha? Beta? Release?
  • Can we have a "Sell Item" button on loot drops please? (e.g F to equip, E to bag, T to sell)
  • How about a separate bag for consumables similar to the pets one please?
  • When (come on, please!) you implement /dance please can one be Gangnam Style?
  • Will the PC version have split-screen co-op like DD1?

You have stated you want attrition builds to be viable.  How can an attrition build coexist with a trollblood ogre?

Lightning: Are you aware that it doesn't take a horde of mobs for an ogre to crowd surf over a wall, that all it takes is the presence of a second ogre?

lightning: Any plans for a dedicated ant-air tower that deals physical damage?  Hordes of magic resist flyers are a pita.