Sign in to follow this  
Shadkillz

Info about the apprentice set?

Hi!
so im wondering how the apprentice set works, every peace drops with % buff of DP but it seems that i just get a flat 10% buff pr gear peace i have eqquiped, no matter what the % is. I have 3 Heroes in 50 and the apprentice in 37, im not actually sure if it's worth to lvl it to 50 and get better gear since it's buffing just fine, i'm able to run nightmare 3 incursion with an average ipwr of 300 on the other 3 heroes so i can't really see why i would gear it up. Am i missing something?

More DP = more attack speed/DP granted. Unless something changed today, while you don't get the full DP transfer as it is scaled back, you do/can get more.

@MaximumRico quote:

More DP = more attack speed/DP granted. Unless something changed today, while you don't get the full DP transfer as it is scaled back, you do/can get more.

so, lets say you put 1 frost tower in a lane how much % does your defence increase? and what gear do you have? the dmg buff stacks with turrets, 2xturrets = 2xbuff but how about the defence speed does it stack aswell? or is this why you need more DP? also, i think i read somewhere that the monk aura attack speed is capped at 0,65 is this right?

Idk where u find 10% frosty power cap per item, any proofs? I definitely saw difference with Myth set and leg set.

Now i have leg set with 176% Frosty power, 25% frosty fire, 4.5k dp and it works much better than 4k dp, 25ff and 80 ff

@Shadkillz quote:

@MaximumRico quote:

so, lets say you put 1 frost tower in a lane how much % does your defence increase? and what gear do you have? the dmg buff stacks with turrets, 2xturrets = 2xbuff but how about the defence speed does it stack aswell? or is this why you need more DP? also, i think i read somewhere that the monk aura attack speed is capped at 0,65 is this right?

It depends on your DP and Frosty Power.

My testing shows that you gain 20% of the actual Frosty Power on items. So  when I was testing, 100% Frosty Power and 3000 DP, 1 frostbite would grant 600 DP. I believe Frost Fire gets it's full scaling, but the speed portions do not stack.

I'd have to check my gear now, but I lost a LOT of DP getting frosty power/fire since I couldn't get any with DP and good %. I think I'm in the area of 130% power, 24 or 25% fire, and only 2700 DP.

The speed portion stacked for a couple days, and I was capping my Lightning Strikes Aura at .62, explosive .75 and blaze at 1.0 or so. I still cap my explosive, but LSA is at .92 or .96 and blaze is 2.28.

I have a huge margin for damage increase still. The largest damage boost to the defenses is the attack speed (other than explosive, since it is relatively easy to cap those).

i just can't figure out exactly how it stacks up, so right now i have all in all 89% frosty power on my gear and 926 DP, so that should buff my towers under frosty effect by 824DP or what? 

but if i put a huntress trap at tier 5 with 21k dmg, not dps, just flat dmg. With 1 frosty buff it goes to 27,5k thus gaining 6,5k but i just can't seem to get where this number comes from, am i missing something?