Sign in to follow this  
Tristaris

New Huntress stats broken?

I'm not going to do a lot of math, or draw out graphs and everything else, but after equipping a couple of (garbage) pieces of gear to see how hard the phoenix from blaze balloon, I can't help but think it's broken?

The bow I obtained, while pretty much junk:

YFza5no.jpg

394.54% of figure 4000 defense power- equates to around 15,780ish.

I question why it hits for such a lackluster amount? Now obviously that's not taking into account crit, crit damage, etc but I'm talking strictly non crit damage.

Why would I opt to use this, when my Elemental Chaos hits for sooo much more.

I love Blaze balloon regardless, but I still think there's something wrong somewhere, because I would have thought  the damage it should do for something that looks so cool, would hit for more than a wet noodle. 15k in nightmare 4 is... not very much.

Correct, the amount Phoenix's Call hits for is less than exciting. Additionally Phoenix Flame is completely broken. Phoenix's Luck is the only good passive right now.

That's the point I made in the main thread; it's also not scaling either when you level it up. So a level 1 BB triggers a 13k phoenix (in my case). And a level 5 BB triggers... a 13k phoenix.

I asked if it's a bug; got no response.

I would have thought it'd been more exciting than it is, sadly, given how much of a difference it made things like harpoons and frosts. 

And yeah I hear that [[23003,users]] - I think somethings not working somewhere - and hope that it's fixed, if so. Otherwise it'll be back to elemental chaos, due to how cheap they are.

To be honest, I don't get why people were so happy with blaze balloons to begin with. Prior to the patch I tested them up front with elemental chaos side by side, and the BBs would always do from 10-70% more damage in total to mobs. But this is a trap that costs 150% more DU, so I've never understood why you wouldn't just put 2 EC traps. Certainly 13-17k extra damage every few seconds, and extra crit damage, isn't going to swing it for me unless something changes.

Yes, Flame is bugged right now. My guess is they scaled back after the frostbite excessiveness.

While the number is underwhelming with top end gear, I think it is hard to balance. Blaze Balloons are already incredibly amazing as is. The damage should probably be upped a bit, but I think the bigger issue is the incredibly tiny radius the Phoenix has when it goes up. Unless things are frozen on top of it, or blocked from moving, even a frostbite slowed target will probably be out of range after it triggers it.

That the damage is currently completely lackluster is more a sign of how overpowered frosties are. That, and the lack of upgrades (like Splody Harpoons). Currently everything revolves around frosties. If you took that away completely, the passive would make a lot more sense.

Also, they said on the dev stream that the new passives were supposed to be all about crits. They mentioned that you ought to be able to get around 67% crit in total. I'm just throwing out an idea here, but is it possible that the phoenix has some crazy scaling with def crit damage that we're currently not seeing?

@Heavenfall111 quote:

Also, they said on the dev stream that the new passives were supposed to be all about crits. They mentioned that you ought to be able to get around 67% crit in total. I'm just throwing out an idea here, but is it possible that the phoenix has some crazy scaling with def crit damage that we're currently not seeing?

Well, I can tell you right now I will never ever build solely for just one type of trap, that's going to rely strictly on RNG. 

If the damage radius of the phoenix were bigger, and it had more of a "punch" I'd be more inclined to gear all for it, but right now, trap damage is way too important to me, to gimp for it.

We'll see! Hopefully there's some feedback from the devs on the current state on whether it's intended to suck so hard or not. :P

@Decadent quote:

That's the point I made in the main thread; it's also not scaling either when you level it up. So a level 1 BB triggers a 13k phoenix (in my case). And a level 5 BB triggers... a 13k phoenix.

I asked if it's a bug; got no response.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Splody Harpoons don't scale on upgrade either. Level 1 Ballista 4k splody damage, level 5 Ballista 4k splody damage. 

Meh, Huntress didn't need another OP tower or set of passives. I'm glad it's crap, less stuff I have to farm for... Unfortunately it does add some useless stats that can be rolled on items. yay.

pFpKBUo.png

Not asking for it to be OP.

Asking for it to be viable in comparison to how it's over twice as expensive as a trap, and its burst damage is utter trash.

It's worth using, due to the size of the AOE, but with decent trap radius, two traps cover just as much, or more, and deal much more damage. 

It definitely needs to be adjusted/fixed/tweaked or whatever, and I'm looking forward to having a reason to farm for gear in the meantime.

@MaximumRico quote:

I think the bigger issue is the incredibly tiny radius the Phoenix has when it goes up. Unless things are frozen on top of it, or blocked from moving, even a frostbite slowed target will probably be out of range after it triggers it.

A frostbite slowed target will be dead after it triggers it :P

Taking into account other passives you can get on bow:

* Tripwire (explosive trap ~18% bonus)

* Phoenix luck ( 6-10% crit on blaze balloon)

* Victory smell (15-20% faster burn rate on blaze balloon)

Yeah, phoenix's call seems pretty weak at the moment. I don't think I'd want it over any of those. Arguably the blaze crit is bugged atm, but still. Ultimately the problem is that it doesn't scale with upgrades, it doesn't scale with frosties.

It has to be 17% or else it doesn't get an extra "tick"

It always lasts 5 seconds. 

In order to get 6 ticks in 5 seconds you need it to tick at every .83333 sec - 17% faster

In order to get 7 ticks in 5 seconds you need it to tick at every .71429 sec - 29% faster

So if it was any less than 17% it'd do nothing... and if it was any more than 17% but NOT 29% it would do what 17% did anyway.

That's why we see 17% on powerful, epic, mythic, and legendary gear.  It's always 17%

@Decadent quote:

@MaximumRico quote:

I think the bigger issue is the incredibly tiny radius the Phoenix has when it goes up. Unless things are frozen on top of it, or blocked from moving, even a frostbite slowed target will probably be out of range after it triggers it.

A frostbite slowed target will be dead after it triggers it :P

Not necessarily but I guess it depends how many traps/auras you use. I only use 3-5 traps or auras in any given lane.

Either way it really is a tiny radius, if you haven't tried it on dummies give it a shot.