Sign in to follow this  
Lewleit, The Kitty <3

Did they change how building proximity works on this patch?

I hope this is intended. It will make stacking in choke points a lot better now. 

Here's to hoping. 

We are in the process of updating the placement rules for all defenses. The current live build contains a partial update to the system, but it is not the final update.

There are a few known issues in the live build, so some of the placement rules will be revised as we finish rolling out the update. A future patch will adjust / revise the placement rules for a number of defenses.

The benefit of this update is that it will address a number of long-standing placement bugs, and, give us much more control over tweaking the placement rules for individual defenses. We've already fixed a few things in our builds, such as reducing the Skyguard Tower's placement footprint to more closely mirror other towers.

If you have feedback on defense placement, please let us know!

@Blixer quote:

feedback: if you make a change, add it to patch notes. transparency for your paid testers...

Yeah agreed with this. I'd love to see these changes like this in the patch notes, so we know what's intended or not.

Thanks, regardless though!

@Blixer quote:

feedback: if you make a change, add it to patch notes. transparency for your paid testers...

From what I understand, this one slipped in. The person responsible has been slapped with a gigantic fish named Barry and will smell like salty water for the remainder of the day.

@Trendy Brett quote:

We are in the process of updating the placement rules for all defenses. The current live build contains a partial update to the system, but it is not the final update.

There are a few known issues in the live build, so some of the placement rules will be revised as we finish rolling out the update. A future patch will adjust / revise the placement rules for a number of defenses.

The benefit of this update is that it will address a number of long-standing placement bugs, and, give us much more control over tweaking the placement rules for individual defenses. We've already fixed a few things in our builds, such as reducing the Skyguard Tower's placement footprint to more closely mirror other towers.

If you have feedback on defense placement, please let us know!

Feedback on something I noticed, before this patch and haven't tested if it is still the case though it likely is. Balista physical box (or the point targets stop to try and hit it from) should much better match the model/be centered tighter. I attempted once to utilize  tanky splody Balista as walls with frost power/fire buff granting high range dps while tankyness and if they reach the harpoons the dmg skyrockets from frosty killing tagets fast enough to reduce dmg taken to minimal. The problem encountered was that the buff went bonkers as it tried to decide if melee ranged targets were close enough or not to boost the harpoons as they whailed on the harpoons within melee range. The end result is that frost, basically no matter what, will not be properly buffed by Frosty passives regardless of any given situation.

@iamisom quote:

@Blixer quote:

From what I understand, this one slipped in. The person responsible has been slapped with a gigantic fish named Barry and will smell like salty water for the remainder of the day.

Not everything can be caught, even the boys over at Wildcard Studios have that *** happen on every single patch.