[Early Access] Hotfix 5.18

Features

• New Passives

• Five seconds after the Blaze Balloon pops, a Phoenix is summoned from the ground dealing X% of Defense Power as damage.

• X% of Defense Power is added to the Blaze Balloon’s Defense Crit Damage.

• Increase Defense Crit Chance for the Blaze Balloon.

• New Skill Sphere

• Increases both the Defense Crit Chance and Defense Crit Damage for the Blaze Balloon.

• Playverse Update: Gamer names no longer have to be unique and will sync with your Steam ID every time you log in.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the Empower passive was not working properly.

• Fixed an issue where players were unable to resume auto-attacking after using an ability.

• Fixed an issue where the Frosty Power passive was providing an increase to Boost Auras at double the expected rate.

• Fixed an issue where the Huntress and Apprentice’s charge attacks were not always hitting the location you were aiming at.

• Fixed an issue where the Kobold wasn’t properly using its death animation.

• Fixed an issue where the one of the new Frosty passives did not properly have a line break in the tooltip.

• Fixed an issue where armor pieces were appearing with the same secondary stat as the primary stat.

• Fixed an issue where players could drop Ability Mana during Build Phase and get more than expected Ability Mana.

I like the Playverse Update! good job and thank you ;) 

@iamisom quote:
  • Removed the global pet tier multiplier for pet evolving stats growth. This will affect all the stats growth, including the damage.

If I am reading this correctly, Pets are getting nerfed?

Beyond that, great job!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Passives: (Updating as they drop)

d4R6xl8.png   XoD0FyY.png   IxnEGP1.png 
Thanks PandynatorDD
qTf8vkQ.png

ÄHm just a short question i don't see anything about the "TBA"-Monk thing... and in 2 days should be the event for huntress AND monk... is the time sheudle messed up and monk will be next week or is it coming soon ?

@DarkkHero quote:
@iamisom quote:
  • Removed the global pet tier multiplier for pet evolving stats growth. This will affect all the stats growth, including the damage.

Beyond that, great job!

I don't see that in the patch notes... but the text of it makes me think a level 1 pet would have the same stats as a level 45 pet....

@rabidgonk quote:

I don't see that in the patch notes... but the text of it makes me think a level 1 pet would have the same stats as a level 45 pet....

So what would be the purpose of leveling the pet then??? I hope we can read the correct explanation of this fix very soon.

@rabidgonk quote:

@DarkkHero quote:
@iamisom quote:

Beyond that, great job!

Nope with tier they mean epic, mythic and legendary before there was a multiplier that legendary pet had greater stats then normal pet could have... that is what i think the patchnotes say, but i dunno?

@iamisom quote:

Bug Fixes

Please explain, is this a nerf?  What did you do to our pets?

@SGRock quote:

@iamisom quote:

Bug Fixes

Please explain, is this a nerf?  What did you do to our pets?

Looking at my pets I see no difference I can point at. 

After playing for two hours: I'm getting the distinct feeling that boosting my huntress' defense crit damage is not increasing crit damage on blaze baloon burn damage.

Pt5MpKD.jpg

Seems like the phoenixes that pops up actually triggers other nearby traps! 

Might be useful this one. 

Upgrading the trap does not increase the damage of the phoenix, purely based of your total DP. 

Is the Empower Passive really fixed? I see no difference and the description seems to have lost the data.

@DarkkHero quote:
@iamisom quote:

Beyond that, great job!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Passives: (Updating as they drop)

d4R6xl8.png   XoD0FyY.png   IxnEGP1.png 
Thanks PandynatorDD
qTf8vkQ.png

I've just talked to design, and this was actually cut from the hotfix. This will be in a future update. I'll edit the patch notes to reflect this. As explained to me by design, there's a tier modifier from one of the original versions of the pet system that was still in the code that was overlooked. This modifier was giving an increased amount of pet auto-attack damage that was not intended. If this is wrong, I'll update this post later today.

@fl4sHb4nGeR?! quote:

ÄHm just a short question i don't see anything about the "TBA"-Monk thing... and in 2 days should be the event for huntress AND monk... is the time sheudle messed up and monk will be next week or is it coming soon ?

The Monk build won't be available this week, so this weekend will be just the Huntress. The ETA on the Monk build is to be determined, but we're hoping to have it for you next week!

@ngoctienvt quote:

So defense crit chance stat is not work for Blaze Balloon? We need to find specify Phoenix luck stat now?

The Defense Crit Chance passive works on the Blaze Balloon. This passive applies an additional amount of DCC to the Blaze Balloon.

@PandynatorDD quote:

24Ncckf.jpg

Definitely a keeper!

Good catch! We'll log that one down to fix.

@Kenzo quote:

Just adding...

sSA4Zyt.png

And another good catch! The Empower passive should be working, but there is an issue with the tooltip using debug text. Please let me know if the Empower passive isn't working still.

Hey,

I accidentally wrote my original post in the blog. So..

Hi there,

just wanted to ask what your guys plans are on how you will handle the rng with the increasing amount of passives available in the future. Right now passive drops are neither map nor class specific which makes it _incredibly_ hard to find the right passive (with a good %roll, thus a good item rarity) with atleast one good main stat. I'm still searching Hearty Blockade/DH&HH items with my squire, but even though I'm doing every wave with him on nm4/nm4 incursion I get frost (and now huntress) passives almost the whole time. And if I finally get a Hearty Blockade item (which isn't a 1,x% "powerful" roll only) it most likely has completely useless stat combinations (like DP, Crit etc.).

So... are passives going to be class specific again? Are they even going to be map specific at some point?

Greetings

@Ankinor quote:

Hey,

I accidentally wrote my original post in the blog. So..

Hi there,

just wanted to ask what your guys plans are on how you will handle the rng with the increasing amount of passives available in the future. Right now passive drops are neither map nor class specific which makes it _incredibly_ hard to find the right passive (with a good %roll, thus a good item rarity) with atleast one good main stat. I'm still searching Hearty Blockade/DH&HH items with my squire, but even though I'm doing every wave with him on nm4/nm4 incursion I get frost (and now huntress) passives almost the whole time. And if I finally get a Hearty Blockade item (which isn't a 1,x% "powerful" roll only) it most likely has completely useless stat combinations (like DP, Crit etc.).

So... are passives going to be class specific again? Are they even going to be map specific at some point?

Greetings

There are already 8 weapons that are map specific. + More will come later

• Open Beta - At this point, core feature work is mostly complete. We will be fully operating the game as a live product. Most of our time will be spent creating new content (levels, bosses, events, items) and continuing to balance the game.

The issue with passives was brought up on their last stream and they will look into it, since most of the comments in chat said pretty much what you are saying as well.