Sign in to follow this  
FreakyBoom

Flamethrower too weak...

Hey all,

I bought the flamethrower 2 days ago and i saw its pretty weak and its not really usefull because it has lower dps and range than the flameburst and i would like if it get a rework or a buff.

please comment

It has a lower DPS and range than the flameburst because it has a much larger AOE (in which it does full damage instead of a small % of the damage), increased fire rate, scales rather well with crit and doesn't pull aggro.

However, it does still need a buff, to its health if not its damage, as often the odd enemy will step off the path and walk into it, which  aggros to it, and then it dies in 0.3 seconds.

If you can do a crit build with it, it seems pretty strong. And in terms of damage, it scales better than a lightning aura dps wise, with the only downside  being the possibility of it dying.

Here are my tower stats for my example:

Flameburst: 3340 damage, 2.5 second rate, 2772 range

Flamethrower: 835 damage, 0.5 second rate, 1300 range

The flameburst does 1336 DPS, the flamethrower does 1670 DPS. 

After the last hotfix increasing the flamethrower attack rate, it raised its dps over that of the burst tower. The range makes sense as it attacks everything in a short cone vs a very small group at range.

Not saying it isn't still weak, but they will most likely tweak the flamethrower and heavy cannonball ubers more in future hot fixes.