Kicked from My onslaughts 3x strait

So i've got all the gear i want/need tested on 8 different toons, so I've just afk playing some hearthstone, watchings streams netflix, etc getting golden eggs just havin fun.  I always leave my games public.  Last 50% of my last 6 or 7 onsluaght games I've been playing people have been joining my games, a team of 2 friends, and voting/booting me 10-20 waves in my onslaughts.  Whats the deal?  I feel I'm always very friendly, dont afk too long to make people wait or dont upgrade, infact when people join my games its usually fully upgraded, then i get a random boot?   Am i experiencing a bug or are people just getting cruddy?  They have always been a random name such as ijkmfrwsasdas or something... can we maybe make voting to boot on the original host not possible after wave 3 or something? 

@Briggs quote:

So i've got all the gear i want/need tested on 8 different toons, so I've just afk playing some hearthstone, watchings streams netflix, etc getting golden eggs just havin fun.  I always leave my games public.  Last 50% of my last 6 or 7 onsluaght games I've been playing people have been joining my games, a team of 2 friends, and voting/booting me 10-20 waves in my onslaughts.  Whats the deal?  I feel I'm always very friendly, dont afk too long to make people wait or dont upgrade, infact when people join my games its usually fully upgraded, then i get a random boot?   Am i experiencing a bug or are people just getting cruddy?  They have always been a random name such as ijkmfrwsasdas or something... can we maybe make voting to boot on the original host not possible after wave 3 or something? 

I run in to this as well, even in the middle of the round where towers kill mobs before they even come close to the barricades people kick me because i just stand there.. everything fully upgraded.. super annoying

People are just AFK hating ATM. Sucks, cos thats what I loved about DD1. Placing a build so strong that I could AFK was super satisfying.

Yep, there definitely was something satisfying about it, But I think it will dial down again after people being reach that point in the game where they can AFK themselves. 

Yeah, I think maybe I'm just unlucky... maybe it was even someone on my friends list I didnt notice who is trolling (i've been accepting nearly every friend request from dd2 last couple weeks).  But i dont truly afk, i mean you only have 7 minutes until you're booted anyway, I always greet people etc - its not afk hating, its legitimate bug or trolls.  Gotten the message "You have been booted" 3 games in a row now after 2 people join, their steam names are always gibberish and their character names are always default names.  Honestly I think it's trolling and just wanted to see if it was personal to me or others are getting it, cleaned up my friends list so we'll see.

thats a bug, it happened us, a friend got kicked on round 24 on nimbus.. i thought he crashed, but he said he got kicked, and there was no voting, and no reason to kick him..  this is one stupid bug, wich i suffer sometimes, even while i was building everything i got the kicking text.. pretty random.. bad luck :/

Yup, I get nervous when 2 people in a party seem to join. Never been kicked yet though. Had two people come in tried to kick a guy that was not even afk and was actually playing.

Reason for the kick was "he did not say hello". And they gave him like 15 seconds then voted to kick.

@PandynatorDD quote:

Yup, I get nervous when 2 people in a party seem to join. Never been kicked yet though. Had two people come in tried to kick a guy that was not even afk and was actually playing.

Reason for the kick was "he did not say hello". And they gave him like 15 seconds then voted to kick.

10/10 would try to kick again ;)

And this kids, is why host shouldn't be kickable.

I am very curious what will happen to the matchmaking system. This really needs to be changed and public tested before an official release comes even close.

Sometimes you get the kick message because the server kicks you, not because people kick you.

It happened to me last week and it was only 1 other guy on the map, once i got to tavern more people were complaining about being kicked for no reason, so it's doesnt have to be someone kicking you.

@chpoit quote:
@PandynatorDD quote:

10/10 would try to kick again ;)

And this kids, is why host shouldn't be kickable.

I'm not sure I follow this as a reason why the host shouldn't be kickable?

[1] If you mean two players join in tandem to kick people out - don't you need everyone to agree to kick? So this can only happen if there is only the host in the game, and it's not a full game. I'm not entirely sure how the kick system works - what if there are only two players in the game, does it comes down to whoever starts the vote first? :P

[2] There's nothing to stop two players, one of whom is the host, from randomly kicking people either. If people want to grief, people are going to find some way to grief.

[3] The builder and the host aren't necessarily the same person, and I think in DD2 it's whoever starts the map that becomes "host"? Arguably if anyone deserves the protection it's the builder. But you can't protect the builder, because then people will randomly throw a tower/trap down to guarantee their spot.

[4] I've seen plenty of random public games where the person who starts the game, cannot actually build anything. They "join" Liferoot, no one else has joined yet, so they just wait till someone turns up who can build, or if not everyone stands around looking at each other until they all leave one at a time. Point in this case being, why should the "host" be given immunity from kicking?

@Decadent quote:
--Snip--

I assume the host is always builder, as a mainly solo player, I always build and I sometimes go to quickmatch and let people leech off of me, so yes, my use of host was wrong, I should've said builder. There should indeed be protection if you have like 30% of the DU linked to you/your builders.

Another solution would be to have a 5 minute before you can kick mechanic thingy to prevent troll joining.

@chpoit quote:

@Decadent quote:
--Snip--

There should indeed be protection if you have like 30% of the DU linked to you/your builders.

This may be ok if you (or someone else who knows what to do) builds but sometimes there are people starting a map together with you and start building randomly while others, who want to help, give their mana to them because they seem to know what to do. At the end you have a full squire build on 2 physical resistance lanes and 1/4 of the mana (your starting mana) left and still 2 empty lanes while the other 3 press g. ^^ (at least that's what I experienced)

There Needs to be the ability to designate >Master Builder<

When a Master Builder is Selected By Vote Or as a Option (when no other player's are present) that player >Gets all the Chest mana at end of round.

>Can Sell any tower ( if other player towers are present.

>Is Designated "Owner" of the match and cannot be removed from the game. (Accept by Afk timer)

Much Respect 

GothRaga

I haven't been kicked yet, but I have been asked to leave a couple of times. It made me not want to do public games, so I just do private.

Thanks for the feedback guys, can't say I've experienced this bug until as of late.   The grouping / kicking / promoting system obviously isn't done yet, but some things I'd like to see (Just some suggestions):

In a public game,  the host should be unkickable after completion of the first wave, up until the map is replayed or gone to tavern.  While people joining and kicking as a team probably isn't a common occurrance, it could still happen - and if people join and don't want to play with the host or hes afking, whatever reason, they can leave.

I miss being able to host a server as private, set up my build, then make it public.   I'm not sure thats possible with the tavern system as apposed to the server list that DD1 had, but I do miss it :P.

It'd be fun to see when you hit escape and it shows everyone in the game/group, just a little number under or above their portrait that represented their current ipwr.

Just a few things regarding the grouping system/interface that I'd like to see before the game goes live officially.