Sign in to follow this  
Peekaboss

Shoutout to trendy

Alright lads, as i look around the forums i see alot of hate for the game. It's still early days, they only have so much man power to fix the bugs, so give it time.
Trendy are working there ass off, smashing out content faster than i've seen any other game do.
They have a lot on their plates atm so how about we give them some love.

Whats something you love about this game?

for me, I absolutely adore the map work and the art involved, the maps are gorgeous. 

If this is in regards to my thread please note that I loved DD1 and I´m not all about trashing this game, I just feel the need to say whats on my mind, because chances are many others feel the same. But yes the maps are gorgeous, yet pretty confined compared to the predecessor.

This was supposed to be a way to give the game makers some feed back on what we love about the game, nothing to do with you. 

Take a look at the little things, the frogs on liferoot, the artwork on the earthsplitter, the animations of the characters, the pets! theres so much there!
in regards to map sizes, i don't re call any of the first round of maps to be released in dd1 to be too much bigger to be honest? 
Check out nimbus if you want a bigger map, but all that aside.

cause im posting again, I'm all for the apprentice towers, the modeling is top tier

@MaJean quote:

If this is in regards to my thread please note that I loved DD1 and I´m not all about trashing this game, I just feel the need to say whats on my mind, because chances are many others feel the same. But yes the maps are gorgeous, yet pretty confined compared to the predecessor.

Maybe the maps feel more restrained because of the obvious lane coloring... just thinking. Didn´t want to ruin your positive thread. Sorry:)

@MaJean quote:

Ok. I love the... *** I can´t lie. There´s nothing I love. I did DD1 so this is just an embarrassment.

Do you know what's funny about ******s like you? DD1 is still there? go play it?
I loved Mario Kart 64, All the newer versions are great too.. but i would still decide to play the first one given a chance... so i do?  
the game is Pre-Alpha and you talk *** about it. i mean come on dude, wake up.

@Peekaboss quote:

@MaJean quote:

Ok. I love the... *** I can´t lie. There´s nothing I love. I did DD1 so this is just an embarrassment.

Do you know what's funny about ******s like you? DD1 is still there? go play it?
I loved Mario Kart 64, All the newer versions are great too.. but i would still decide to play the first one given a chance... so i do?  
the game is Pre-Alpha and you talk *** about it. i mean come on dude, wake up.

You can only pre-alpha for so long. Do you know it´s been almost a year in pre-alpha state? Sure they have a small development team, but seriously? They could have at least changed it to beta... or is that another year? It just says to me that they don´t know what they are doing. Sorry....I payed for this as many others, so excuse me for speaking my mind. 

Good for you that you keep your positive attitude. And please write it so that it won´t be censored the word you described me as? And did you say you like mario cart? Sorry you are too young for an argument with an adult.

Man, don't be a *** and ruin this guy's thread. 

I love the art style of the game. I also believe there is great potential for this game, just like DD1 when it was still a mobile game. 

I agree with that this game has great potential. I'm also happy to see that Trendy is actively trying to make their game better every week. Can't wait to play the full product at the end. Maybe then I'll be able to persuade my friends to play. haha

@MaJean quote:

You can only pre-alpha for so long. Do you know it´s been almost a year in pre-alpha state? Sure they have a small development team, but seriously? They could have at least changed it to beta... or is that another year? It just says to me that they don´t know what they are doing. Sorry....I payed for this as many others, so excuse me for speaking my mind. 

Good for you that you keep your positive attitude. And please write it so that it won´t be censored the word you described me as? And did you say you like mario cart? Sorry you are too young for an argument with an adult.

Well, you are a terribly unpleasant person. As to the game being "pre-alpha", I'd rather that trendy took as much time as needed to make this game into a great one, rather than going "Oh no... everyone is complaining that it is still pre-alpha after a year so we should rush ahead of ourselves despite the game not being ready."

I agree you should speak your mind... just not in this thread.

Sorry you are too young for an argument with an adult.

You didn't have to insult him/her. Even if your point was valid (which by all means it isn't) I would still be frustrated with your comments because you said this.

On a more positive note, the thing I love most about DD2 is how often community ideas end up in the game. Even if the Dev's haven't acknowledged all of the changes made because of an idea posted on the forums (and haven't commented on all of them) they do read all the posts, and throughout the time I have spent playing this game, I have seen so many ideas go from forum to the game. I keep seeing new things added and thinking, "Oh yeah, that was in the forums ages ago... Sweet!"

@SoulStealer64 quote:

@MaJean quote:

Well, you are a terribly unpleasant person. As to the game being "pre-alpha", I'd rather that trendy took as much time as needed to make this game into a great one, rather than going "Oh no... everyone is complaining that it is still pre-alpha after a year so we should rush ahead of ourselves despite the game not being ready."

I agree you should speak your mind... just not in this thread.

Sorry you are too young for an argument with an adult.

You didn't have to insult him/her. Even if your point was valid (which by all means it isn't) I would still be frustrated with your comments because you said this.

On a more positive note, the thing I love most about DD2 is how often community ideas end up in the game. Even if the Dev's haven't acknowledged all of the changes made because of an idea posted on the forums (and haven't commented on all of them) they do read all the posts, and throughout the time I have spent playing this game, I have seen so many ideas go from forum to the game. I keep seeing new things added and thinking, "Oh yeah, that was in the forums ages ago... Sweet!"

Well soulstealer.... I am the unpleasant one. You obviously didn´t quite read the comments that lead to me being offended. But I know that " ***ers like you" is not something positive. Was this the wrong thread to speak my mind? Perhaps. But I get quite mad when people call me names when they don´t even know me.

Now for something constructive and positive. I like the graphics, but I think the sound effects could be better. It doesnt´t feel like DD1 and I guess thats a good thing because nobody wants the same thing twice. (only me). I kinda miss the ogre announcements in the rounds from DD1 when they entered, and the way it sounded when they fell. Ogres in DD2 feel plastic to me. I like the passion the development team obviously has for the game, but I think the introduction of combos severely sabotaged the flow of the game. It seems to me they just created a whole lot of trouble balancing the game because there now is the combo thing that puts a damper on tower speed for instance. I think many of us wants to love DD2 because we played DD1. DD2 has potential no doubt about it, but right now it´s looking a little misguided. Thats all I´m saying. 

@Underlander quote:

Haters threads, corny fanboy threads, now all we need is wow comparisons. Seriously, folks...

This is the community. If nobody said anything there would be no community...... whats the prob?

as it stands right now, I like the artwork. I like that it's Dungeon Defenders at it's core. 

I don't like the wyvern token system

I don't like the premium pet system, likely will never use it because it's terrible.

I do not like the rate at which items that drop for other characters, it is like a 50 50 chance the legendary, or mythic is for you.

I do not like the quality of the drops, the iPWR is far to grindy too early.

The leveling up experience is now boring.

The stubbornness to actually change real issues is getting exceedingly annoying. 

Bugs are not the only issue with the game.