Sign in to follow this  
Decadent

Better Multiplayer Loot Chance Removed?

You used to get messages at the start of maps telling you how many players there were, and what bonus to loot chances you got - small/medium/large.

This message is no longer appearing; have they done away with this and are drops on single player the same as multiplayer now? Or has the bonus just gone stealth?

(I might have missed a Dev something-or-other on it, sorry!)

Multiplayer bonuses makes no sense. A solo player can effectively get the multiplayer boost by multiboxing, if it was implemented as such.

It would only make sense if multiplayer is made more difficult, but in that case, why not just make it a higher difficulty so that solo players can enjoy said difficulty without multiboxing?

@Kyrn quote:

Multiplayer bonuses makes no sense. A solo player can effectively get the multiplayer boost by multiboxing, if it was implemented as such.

It would only make sense if multiplayer is made more difficult, but in that case, why not just make it a higher difficulty so that solo players can enjoy said difficulty without multiboxing?

Why would you think people even be multiboxing at all? I think Multiplayer bonuses makes sense since it encouraging co-op.

@hvt45 quote:

think Multiplayer bonuses makes sense since it encouraging co-op.

Eh, we're better off with an even loot table no matter how many players there are.

I agree, make it even across the board whether solo or not.  I tend to run solo more often than not because not everyone "plays well with others".   I can solo end game quite easily myself, but I find playing with others always tends to bring out the elitist attitude of " your walls are only 336k, mine are 350k so sell yours or i will vote to boot you" .   So I am hoping to find out for sure if the drop rate is in fact even or elevated with more players.

I am not entirely sure but I noticed this a while ago and no one seemed to know whether it was just the text that was removed or if it was removed. The chance of better loot was almost nothing so it shouldn't matter though. I still assume it is removed.

@hvt45 quote:

@Kyrn quote:

Why would you think people even be multiboxing at all? I think Multiplayer bonuses makes sense since it encouraging co-op.

If multiplayer gave bonuses, a solo player could multi-box, putting 4 players in their team while only playing as only 1, in order to get the multiplayer bonus.