• Serenity Aura
  • Frost Towers
  • AA Towers
  • *Only 1 tower of your choice in each lane*
Stipulation:
  • Has to be AFK-able
  • Map Choice is Yours
  • Can't Lose 1 Tower
  • Nightmare 4 (If you're not at that level, whichever level challenges you. So no doing it on easy, yo.)

Background Story!

So early today I was streaming and had many high leveled players who kept stating their builds and gear. So the group I was with decided to mess around and try completing Liferoot Forest Nightmare IV with just Walls, AAs, and Serenities. Needless to say, we got wrecked hard. Following that run, many of the players on stream mentioned how they could easily pull that off.

So our team of players came up with a challenge during our run of only Training Dummies. We challenged those players: Peekaboss and fl4sHb4nGer. So I also want to extend the challenge to you guys as well! Can you make this work on NM4, bet you can't do this one.

Also we have no lose or win prizes, doing this for fun. Although since I was on stream, I had to name my new character what they wanted since I lost my challenge.

If you have any ideas for a challenge build. Post as well. Try and be as fair as possible and as creative as possible. Cool keep it frosty yo!

Emoji_Squire.png (o^~^o)-_zZ ~chu
[[5924,hashtags]]

I don't think it's a good challenge: too much reliance on DPS heroes because of lack of magic damage and ranged damage on lanes. It's effectively just a DPS hero challenge.

@Kyrn quote:

I don't think it's a good challenge: too much reliance on DPS heroes because of lack of magic damage and ranged damage on lanes. It's effectively just a DPS hero challenge.

It has to be 100% afk-able.  So zero hero damage/abilities.

@swiffben quote:

@Kyrn quote:

It has to be 100% afk-able.  So zero hero damage/abilities.

If so, it's impossible. Range would kill the defences.

EDIT: on an offthought it MIGHT be possible..... if we use pet damage to attack ranged. But that again, basically would mean it relies on hero DPS, sorta.

ist a challenge so get this one done.

btw it would be cool to have such a gamemode in the game where you get rndm restrictions. this would be quite some endgame gamemode, cause this gamemode would always starts with the assumption of having all 4 classes at a high lvl (wether you have a full Party or solo). would be quite some longtime Motivation.

@H3M1V3 quote:

ist a challenge so get this one done.

btw it would be cool to have such a gamemode in the game where you get rndm restrictions. this would be quite some endgame gamemode, cause this gamemode would always starts with the assumption of having all 4 classes at a high lvl (wether you have a full Party or solo). would be quite some longtime Motivation.

So basically challenges from DD1. :P

serenity is useless if you wanna afk. if you go afk on the lane the dummy dmg is mostly useless so wasted mana.

nontheless you can do it easily even with your restrictions regarding Tower. even though my gear isnt that good my dummy made on lvl5 45kdps on highest Spinning and onehitted all the Little hord idiots.

Liferoot Forest NM4 Incursion

Lanes:

Air:  All physres.

Build: 

3 AA mid

Ground:

Left: Mres

Mid: Mres from left path and Physres from right path

Right: Physres

Build:

1 Mine, 2dummies and 4 frosttower left

1 Blaze baloon, 2 dummies and 5 frosttower mid

1 blaze baloon, 2 dummies and 4 frosttower right

1 boostaura on each lane that it affects the dummies and the trap (while trap is placed where ranged Units stop to attack)

mid are 2 lanes, but counted it as one so it took longer cause of the 75% dmg reduction for blaze but whatever.

you could easily optimize this one. i only used 900/1100 build space. instead of upgrading the aa Towers you can simply place more of them which results in way higher dmg and place for the 2 lanes mid 2 traps instead of 1, what you are allowed to do since these are 2 lanes comming together -.-

never played DD1 but if you say it was in there i guess they should take it over. at least some Long time Motivation cause you could get some ridiculous combinations xDxD

at least you can place dummies instead of walls on mres lanes (where the phys dmg they deal actually matters) and if sth gets through your mines at the front, your dummy will destroy them. you actually save 20mana for the mine before the wall and 10mana difference between spike Blockade and dummy so you can use 30 buildspace and mana better. even though the hp is low, the dmg is pretty good.

@JedHakuro quote:

Let's get to the point:

Challenge yourself with this Build: Dummies Ahoy Challenge

Can Only Use The Following Towers:

• Training Dummy - Must Include
  • Boost Aura
  • Serenity Aura
  • Frost Towers
  • AA Towers
Stipulation:
  • Has to be AFK-able
  • Map Choice is Yours
  • Can't Lose 1 Tower
  • Nightmare 4 (If you're not at that level, whichever level challenges you. So no doing it on easy, yo.)

-snip-

Only 1 tower of your choice in each lane...

Does this mean only 1 tower in each lane, or 1 type of tower as many times as you want in each lane?

If it's only 1 tower each lane, it could be hard, maybe too hard. (to afk)

If it's only 1 tower type in each lane. Cake walk, I'd drop 5 Huntress traps in each lane. GG. :)

The serenity Aura seems pointless, because if you are suppose to afk the map. Why do you need a serenity, seems counter intuitive.

With that being said, I'm sure I've done this before with some players. We decided to use Training Dummies instead of Blockades. We used Explosive Trap or Elemental Chaos depending on the lane's res, NM4 Liferoot Incursion. It was a Cakewalk. :)

Still for players that haven't done it, it could be a fun thing to do. Use Training Dummies.

This actually gives me an idea of what I'm going to test on stream today, different than this, but something hard and fun. So thanks for the inspiration. :)

Yeah, the way that I'm reading the challenge is that we basically can only use as many towers as there are lanes?

"*Only 1 tower of your choice in each lane*"

If that's the case, its impossible to afk without extremely high level pets for people to stand on a lane with, even then that would be hard

@vSyNd1c4t3 quote:

@JedHakuro quote:

Let's get to the point:

Challenge yourself with this Build: Dummies Ahoy Challenge

Can Only Use The Following Towers:

• Training Dummy - Must Include
  • Boost Aura
  • Serenity Aura
  • Frost Towers
  • AA Towers
Stipulation:
  • Has to be AFK-able
  • Map Choice is Yours
  • Can't Lose 1 Tower

-snip-

Only 1 tower of your choice in each lane...

Does this mean only 1 tower in each lane, or 1 type of tower as many times as you want in each lane?

If it's only 1 tower each lane, it could be hard, maybe too hard. (to afk)

If it's only 1 tower type in each lane. Cake walk, I'd drop 5 Huntress traps in each lane. GG. :)

The serenity Aura seems pointless, because if you are suppose to afk the map. Why do you need a serenity, seems counter intuitive.

With that being said, I'm sure I've done this before with some players. We decided to use Training Dummies instead of Blockades. We used Explosive Trap or Elemental Chaos depending on the lane's res, NM4 Liferoot Incursion. It was a Cakewalk. :)

Still for players that haven't done it, it could be a fun thing to do. Use Training Dummies.

This actually gives me an idea of what I'm going to test on stream today, different than this, but something hard and fun. So thanks for the inspiration. :)

That one might have been a bit unclear. So in each lane to make it easier. You can place 1 extra tower of your choice. Could be anything from ballista to flamethrower in that lane. And I guess to make it fair, you can have different towers.

For example. Left lane could have a ballista. Middle lane could have a flameburst tower. And right lane could have a blaze balloon.

And hope your stream goes well. I pop on once in a while to see what you're up to.

@cometmarcher1210 quote:

my only question would be why use the boost aura, when you have the frostboost tower instead? unless the frostboost works on the boost aura for both protect and damage

Boost also provides more HP to dummies, and further boost frost-boosted defenses.

Yo yo yo, i love a good call out so here we go.
First attempt was a success, so maybe make the next one a real challenge ;)
unfortnately at the end the later waves my screenies decided to be on the lame and convert to the one screenie i had at the end. but heres the gist of it, need more proof, ill run it for you ;) or record a vid

the build, wave 1 afk.. kobolds made me have to repair, but was all gucci

DRgas1T.jpg?1

Witherbeasts are a pain, but managable
k6CYjFI.jpg?1

Mages are on another level though, that corner dummie took some serious beating for 5mins as i was waiting for it to walk into range.. So i decided to sell and re build to speed up the process.
zghNAOp.jpg?1

All my screenies turned into this, but there you have it folks. the spoils of the challenge.
X7YRDKn.jpg?1

@cometmarcher1210 quote:

my only question would be why use the boost aura, when you have the frostboost tower instead? unless the frostboost works on the boost aura for both protect and damage

You have to have the boost aura for the damage reduction on my Dummies, Also the boost aura can get frost boosted..... 
but yeah, too easy mate, step it up

@Peekaboss quote:

Yo yo yo, i love a good call out so here we go.
First attempt was a success, so maybe make the next one a real challenge ;)
unfortnately at the end the later waves my screenies decided to be on the lame and convert to the one screenie i had at the end. but heres the gist of it, need more proof, ill run it for you ;) or record a vid

~words and photos were here-ish~

Good ***. That worked. Hmm, I guess I gotta come up with something even crazier now.