Frustrating drops

I suggest a fun thread to vent off the frustration of annoying drops.

I'll start :

LLWjNnW.jpg

If only it'd been Hearty blockade. That would've helped me get better health on my walls. 380k base is not enough ;)

I hate how twisted the drop rates are. I'm confident they have intentional bias in the loot tables to ensure that desirable combos like DP + Frost Fire or Hearty Blockade + Hero HP/+ Def HP are far less likely to occur. I find such items almost impossible to find. Just farming Frost Fire staff with DP I have come across enough gear to put at least around 15 heros in full Def Pow/Def HP gear with mostly desirable passives but haven't seen a single Frost Fire + DP (even with low % passive) staff the entire time. If I can't find it before the 3x drop rate is over I will probably say *** it, I would be better off playing the lottery. Same goes for any decent waller gear. Such severe intentional bias is really undesirable in a game like this Trendy. I don't believe for a moment I just had bad luck/coincidental.

Agreed, does not seem like a random distribution.  Think I could outfit several characters in DH+HH+frosty.

@Xengre quote:

I hate how twisted the drop rates are. I'm confident they have intentional bias in the loot tables to ensure that desirable combos like DP + Frost Fire or Hearty Blockade + Hero HP/+ Def HP are far less likely to occur. I find such items almost impossible to find. Just farming Frost Fire staff with DP I have come across enough gear to put at least around 15 heros in full Def Pow/Def HP gear with mostly desirable passives but haven't seen a single Frost Fire + DP (even with low % passive) staff the entire time. If I can't find it before the 3x drop rate is over I will probably say *** it, I would be better off playing the lottery. Same goes for any decent waller gear. Such severe intentional bias is really undesirable in a game like this Trendy. I don't believe for a moment I just had bad luck/coincidental.

They don't need to make any biases in the programming, logically, you're just unlikely to get the correct stat matchup, because there're more bad stats than good stats per mod.

But  the point of silly stat/mod combinations... 
983B6C0F93A8231A27EFF3E2BF8E910FDAFBD9C8

@Kyrn quote:

ogically, you're just unlikely to get the correct stat matchup, because there're more bad stats than good stats per mod.

Obviously.  But if stats are random then I should see as many DH+HH+hearty barricades as I do DH+HH+frosty power.  Just one person's experience, but this has not been nearly close to the case.

@Kyrn quote:
@Xengre quote:

They don't need to make any biases in the programming, logically, you're just unlikely to get the correct stat matchup, because there're more bad stats than good stats per mod.

But... But... Thumbs up on it.  Must be better!

@Kyrn quote:
@Xengre quote:

They wouldn't need to make any biases and it would already promote farming, but there IS biases and this is clear. HB + Hero HP + Def HP, for instance, doesn't drop as often as it would even if there is a fair number of combinations (in fact, never seen one at all). Other threads collecting drop rates show insanely poor bias for huntresses. My own experience as I indicated in my above thread shows I could have effectively made 5+ accounts in the past two weeks of farming each with roughly max end game gear (Full DP + DHP and desirable passives, AP, DPS, etc. wasn't even factored or the number would be significantly higher) and yet I can't find a single DP + Frost Fire item after all my farming (nor can basically anyone else almost, from the complaints I hear at 3x drop rate) or remotely decent Hearty Blockade gear (this one, in particular is nasty... the quality of proper desirable drop rates is extremely clear in regards to the bias, not just for me but almost anyone you will find in game). If there was no bias then statistically, what I have pointed out shouldn't be realistically possible. With all the farming going on in NM4 Incursion you would be seeing a lot more high end walls but you don't often see higher than 250k and thats extremely bad gear (usually hearty blockade and NO Hero HP or Def HP on said item for entire gear set, with said items that do have hero hp/def hp not having Hearty Blockade passive). Even Trendy's own "supposed" fix in one of their patches was to reduce the bias for the Hearty Blockade combo.

Actually I DO have a high level iPwr 800+ frostfire staff with DP, but took a long time to get it, and it was only 21% as opposed to the 25% I was using before that (which doesn't have DP), and doesn't have any other Frost tower mods unlike said 25% staff..

(granted I basically was farming for nearly the whole weekend)

Just some proof that it actually does exist:295DCBC4C59A77C59EE4E0D83CE59BE7079A9901

Semi related: I groan every time I see a towering inferno or the other legendary staff which I can't offhandedly remember the name drop, because I know they're automatically junk to me.

for end game content, i had a better drop rate before the weekend started, so I wouldnt be suprised if there was no event going down at all. with the addition of tripple resist items, double passives and rings rolling 1 of each class abilitys. I have given up on farming and will just enjoy the new stuff trendy brings in :)

@Quentym quote:

Rnd is rnd. One of the first staffs dropped for me after the patch was DP+Frostfire

yup, reseach and development is research and develepment.

@Angelatic-Birdy quote:

Still looking for a defense health helmet

Where are thy my freaking HELMET!! 

Oh, yeah... another issue. Def Pow + Def HP helmet is easily one of the rarest drop combos in the game, only beaten by Boots as far as I am aware. I can easily land 15-20 of the chest/gloves vs 1of either of these and countless of everything else. RNG Coefficients too lopsided.

I plan on keeping a record of every drop I receive this week (with equal play time between all four classes) to look into the idea that certain stat combinations are less likely than should be the case by random chance. 

On the topic of frustrating drops, I have a staff with 25% frostfire AND 15% snowstorm, but no DP.

So, I started recording drops and... I had no appreciation for just how many god damn stats there are.  I quit when my list got to 50.  I'm willing to accept that maybe there isn't a bias against certain stat combos and that my suspicions where just the combination of small sample size, confirmatory bias and (as long as we're rattling off terms) the near miss effect.