Finally... i got it...

@cometmarcher1210 quote:

congrats, you bought an overpriced skin that doesn't even get good stats. 

i'm still waiting for people to get in mass with me about the premiums needing exceptional stats. 

Trendy is never going to do this. It gets brought up every week on the devstream and every week they shoot it down. They're trying to stay away from the P2W model.

@cometmarcher1210 quote:

congrats, you bought an overpriced skin that doesn't even get good stats. 

i'm still waiting for people to get in mass with me about the premiums needing exceptional stats. 

Lol. It'll never happen. Closest that might happen would be the ability to convert an already existing pet into a premium, thus letting you choose the rarity. But you'll never see a guaranteed rarity/strength off a paid item.

Premium pets atm are a huge waste of moeny, they need to do 1 of 2 things or both. Allow us to upgrade premium pet's rarity without any negative side effects so it will be the same stats as a straight up legendary roll either some new item or something or having it's rarity increase as it is evolved like having it automatically upgraded to legendary when you evolve it the final time, or they need to allow us to transform already hatched pets rather than transforming it before the roll and have it keep the transformed pet's rarity. Or they could just ditch rarities completely and have all pets have comparable stats.

I give them a huge thumbs up for wanting to avoid p2w but the current system is extremely flawed. When real money is involved we need some sort of control over what we get and not rng. If they insist on keeping it rng they need to drastically reduce the price of transforming pets and/or giving it a much higher chance of being a legendary. Potentially blowing hundreds of dollars in gems to try and get a legendary premium pet is imo far worse (and if you think about it,is still p2w) than just making it a 100% chance legendary.

How are the stats affected by the ranks (Powerful,epic,etc)

Is it a direct increase in DPS/Empowered stats? If so anyone knows how much?

@Reglisse quote:

How are the stats affected by the ranks (Powerful,epic,etc)

Is it a direct increase in DPS/Empowered stats? If so anyone knows how much?

there is no difference in empowered stats based on rarity, however rarity does increase the dps.

@cometmarcher1210 quote:

the thing is paying for a pet is not going to ensure you win, it's a very tiny amount of your overall stats and saying that it would be p2w is like saying that if you buy the ninja skin for the monk that he will do much better compared to regular monk. 

@Finaldeath quote:

Premium pets atm are a huge waste of moeny, they need to do 1 of 2 things or both. Allow us to upgrade premium pet's rarity without any negative side effects so it will be the same stats as a straight up legendary roll either some new item or something or having it's rarity increase as it is evolved like having it automatically upgraded to legendary when you evolve it the final time, or they need to allow us to transform already hatched pets rather than transforming it before the roll and have it keep the transformed pet's rarity. Or they could just ditch rarities completely and have all pets have comparable stats.

I give them a huge thumbs up for wanting to avoid p2w but the current system is extremely flawed. When real money is involved we need some sort of control over what we get and not rng. If they insist on keeping it rng they need to drastically reduce the price of transforming pets and/or giving it a much higher chance of being a legendary. Potentially blowing hundreds of dollars in gems to try and get a legendary premium pet is imo far worse (and if you think about it,is still p2w) than just making it a 100% chance legendary.

In this argument completely ignore every other piece of gear and only worry about the pet. If someone is able to straight up buy a perfect pet with real money that is p2w. You are ignoring early to mid game where the pet stats can be pretty significant, sure they are basicly worthless for people decked out in full top end nm4 gear. Early to mid game if you have 2 people with the exact same gear but one person has a perfect legendary pet and the other person doesn't the stats on that perfect legendary pet makes that person's towers much better. That 100 stats from the pet early to mid game can make or break a match.

The whole point is they don't want to allow people to pay for a top end pet where as a non paying player has to grind a ton to get a pet of the same quality and stats, i absolutely love that they are taking this route. The problem is having to potentially pay a ton of money to get a usable pet with the premium skin which is why i suggested they allow us to skin a pet we already hatched so it has that rarity or give us the ability to upgrade it so we aren't paying money for something we will never use because we can get stuff that is far better for free. Pretty much the problem they are trying to avoid is letting us buy the best of something without earning it.

If i am going to pay for a skin i want to be able to use it without giving myself an artificial crutch regardless of how much said crutch will affect me at endgame.

You misunderstood how pets work

A perfect legendary pet isn't going to have 100 extra stats for towers at low level.  Legendary pets and all other pets have the exact same empower (empower = tower/hero stats) stats

The only difference will be the DPS of the pet.  Which at level 1, even in low level content, is pretty negligible

They're always a negligible boost

@Pachipachio quote:

A perfect legendary pet isn't going to have 100 extra stats for towers at low level.  Legendary pets and all other pets have the exact same empower (empower = tower/hero stats) stats

The only difference will be the DPS of the pet.  Which at level 1, even in low level content, is pretty negligible

I fully understand how pets work and never said a low level will give 100 in stats, but in my experience quality of pets do in fact affect the empowered stats, my lower quality pets always hatch at the lower end of the scale while my legendary pets almost always hatch with near perfect empowered stats, yes a perfect legendary and perfect powerful pet will have the same empowered stats when perfected but i never said they didn't. Either way, the entire point is they don't want to sell perfect pets for money, and my post was explaining ways they could keep that goal of not selling power while making it worth spending money on the premium pet skins.

Only reason i brought up stats at all was because of people saying buying legendary pets isn't p2w because the stats/dmg they give don't matter but at the same time only take nm mode and the other high end modes into consideration but ignore most of the game. The dmg difference between a powerful pet and a legendary pet in low level content is far from negligible, especially when you consider the fact that legendary pets shoot a ton of projectiles at once while powerful pets generally only shoot a single projectile, the dmg per projectile may be the same but when you take into account all the other projectiles that is a massive difference.

@Finaldeath quote:
Early to mid game if you have 2 people with the exact same gear but one person has a perfect legendary pet and the other person doesn't the stats on that perfect legendary pet makes that person's towers much better. That 100 stats from the pet early to mid game can make or break a match.

@Finaldeath quote:

I fully understand how pets work and never said a low level will give 100 in stats, but in my experience quality of pets do in fact affect the empowered stats, my lower quality pets always hatch at the lower end of the scale while my legendary pets almost always hatch with near perfect empowered stats, yes a perfect legendary and perfect powerful pet will have the same empowered stats when perfected but i never said they didn't. Either way, the entire point is they don't want to sell perfect pets for money, and my post was explaining ways they could keep that goal of not selling power while making it worth spending money on the premium pet skins.

Only reason i brought up stats at all was because of people saying buying legendary pets isn't p2w because the stats/dmg they give don't matter but at the same time only take nm mode and the other high end modes into consideration but ignore most of the game. The dmg difference between a powerful pet and a legendary pet in low level content is far from negligible, especially when you consider the fact that legendary pets shoot a ton of projectiles at once while powerful pets generally only shoot a single projectile, the dmg per projectile may be the same but when you take into account all the other projectiles that is a massive difference.

It might be a massive difference, but it's still negligible

The DPS on THE WORST rolled attack pattern with lowest rolls on powerful rarity pet is like 150, the VERY BEST legendary attack pattern will have less than 700 DPS.  Not to mention, currently the best attack pattern I've found across afaik all attack patterns, is the impernals which is a mythic.  (All at level 1 btw, my friends and I haven't leveled everything up to reliably test potential different scaling between all the different attack patterns, or even to be able to reliably say legendaries scale differently than powerful pets - afaik it all looks like a %+ which would keep disparities in line across all levels)

Legendary pets do not have a higher chance to roll higher on stats, either.  Pls.  If you could buy a pet with perfect rolls maybe I'd be inclined to go your way.  But nobody wants that... 

Really, this argument is kind of silly.  The pets are still negligible at low levels and this idea is so far away from P2W it's a little weird you're hung up about it. 

Why aren't you calling P2W having to pay some variable amount of gems between 250 and infinity to get a legendary but ARE calling paying X amount for legendary P2W?  It's really the same, except you aren't spending many consecutive 8hr periods doing it and wont potentially get screwed out of a lot of gems because you're unlucky.

@cometmarcher1210 quote:

Thank you, someone who understands simple logic. These arent like DD1 pets where you could get some kick butt pets, they suck. All of them, even the best. But for the pay to get ones to suck as bad as the lowest grade ones is humiliating. Give them even a small boost in attack and stats

@Pachipachio quote:

No don't give them a boost. Just make it so the skin can be applied after transformation. Even the smallest of bonuses from it being premium would give people the impression that this game is P2W and I have a feeling that that is not the intention of Trendy.

@gamer21d quote:

No don't give them a boost. Just make it so the skin can be applied after transformation. Even the smallest of bonuses from it being premium would give people the impression that this game is P2W and I have a feeling that that is not the intention of Trendy.

They're thinking about a trading in system where you can take all your powerful katkarrots and trade them in for higher rarities.  That'd be better

If they just let you reskin them the guys who've already spent a fair amount of gems on premium pets would be upset.

@Pachipachio quote:

@gamer21d quote:

They're thinking about a trading in system where you can take all your powerful katkarrots and trade them in for higher rarities.  That'd be better

If they just let you reskin them the guys who've already spent a fair amount of gems on premium pets would be upset.

The thing with that though, is that this IS an alpha/beta thing, so I do not even understand spending money on a cosmetic thing with a low chance of it giving the strength you want.

@cometmarcher1210 quote:

If you have to spend to find katkarots that are powerful its no different than just buying til you a legend one.

Example,  could find a legend one after 1 egg

I could buy and not find after say 3, then combine for  legend one

I could buy  and get  legend at 3. 

Those 2 options are both 50till 7.5

Yes, you're right.  Except people have already spent gems getting premium pets, you know? 

If they implement a buy X rarity without a gem wipe those guys would be kind of screwed.  Personally, I've spent a good amount of gems on a legendary and I wouldn't care if that's the way they did it, but they're obviously catering a very specific group of people with all this anti-P2W stuff... and those people would be pissed off