Have an issue logging in today only. Found a post in the technical issue forum describing my issue. Upon start up its just a blacks screen with the twirling symbol. Only 4 posts, is anyone else having issues?

@Syclic quote:

Why did you put this topic appear in Gen Discussion?

To see if its impacting everyone? We have some folks in the technical forum reinstalling their games etc.

You clearly know where the Tech Support and Bug Reports forum is. Why did you need to start a thread here?

Whenever this happens you have 2 options, wait for the servers to get fixed, or open task manager, kill DunDefGame.exe and try again.

@chpoit quote:

Whenever this happens you have 2 options, wait for the servers to get fixed, or open task manager, kill DunDefGame.exe and try again.

There's really only 1 option because the task-kill is just a fluke if it worked when you did, like the people saying set settings to default, or verify cache integrity.

There's only 1 option and thats wait for trendy to fix it, and i've been waiting for 2 days now so its whatever.

@Alabama quote:

There's really only 1 option because the task-kill is just a fluke if it worked when you did, like the people saying set settings to default, or verify cache integrity.

There's only 1 option and thats wait for trendy to fix it, and i've been waiting for 2 days now so its whatever.

I've gotten the black screen with rotating icon at least 15-20 times now, and killing the process solved it every time, granted sometimes I had the black screen twice in a row, but still, I'm pretty sure it's the connection to the server that is not done correctly and killing the game allows to try again.

EDIT: What makes me thing the connection to the server is not done correctly is one time I let the screen run for 5 or 10 minutes and I got sent back to the title screeen with a message saying connection to the host timed out.

Well it's been almost 48 hours now and I have been verifying cache integrity, end tasking, rebooting, throwing garlic over my shoulder,  setting defaults, and whatever else you can likely think of ( i've reinstalled twice just for hail mary's)

Glad random things are working for a few of us, but I think there are a lot of us still where none of these things work.

I'm at 17 tries in a row without getting into the tavern.

And the bug report forum is for reporting new bugs. No point in putting this there. This is a discussion about the bug to gauge its impact.