Sign in to follow this  
Ruby Rose

Game will not load.

EDIT, MUST READ: Hey everyone!!! This is what is working for me! Has worked every time. I change video settings to default and then put them on what I want when I get into game. Please let me know if this works for any of you as well! If it does then we may be able to help a lot pf people =)

Hello everyone. So I have never had this problem before. But tonight after I click to play it had the "pre-alpha" water mark and the loading spiny thing. But other than that it is just a black screen and stays like that until I close it out and try again, and I get the same thing. I am not getting any error. It just refuses to load. I have in installed on a Intel SSD, the CPU is a 4690k, and I am using win 1.8 if that helps at all. Any help at all on how to fix this would be super duper. I may just re install. It should only take like 10min.

EDIT : Okay, so I have re installed the game, to no avail. It is doing the same thing. I know that my computer is more than capable of handling this game on any setting. And my internet is not the best but it is up to the task as well. Any help on the matter would be wonderful! Again, thank you for your time

Update: I was able to get in by launching the game through the steam launcher as opposed to a short cut on my desktop. Good luck.

Yeah, as of this morning I have had this issue pretty severely. It occassionally happened since wipe (never pre-wipe) but not too often. Now it happens majority of attempts to enter Tavern from Play menu/match end/leave.

I seem to be in the same kind of situation now, game just goes away forever and eventually I need to kill it :-(  Trendy any help here?  Not much to even report, screen just goes black/blank outside the big swirl just spinning forever in the lower right.

^ tried everything including reinstalling... got one game in post install, exited, re-enter... 

--> right back to never loading :-(  

I got it to work last night by changing settings to default. But I woke up to the same thing today. And it worked again. So here is what is working for me. Change video settings to default, get into game and set them to what I want them at.

same issue, tried the default settings but no go for me.

mention it on the twitch dev cast but they seem to think I'm talking about the slow loads getting into a map which are a memory leak they're hoping to fix... some day.

@Ruby Rose quote:

I got it to work last night by changing settings to default. But I woke up to the same thing today. And it worked again. So here is what is working for me. Change video settings to default, get into game and set them to what I want them at.

Had the same problem - this "fix" works for me.

Is everyone using 1080p for their resolution? I suspect I was having the problem because 1920x1080 does not appear as a resolution in the default list.  It only shows up when I set the game to fullscreen.  Changing the settings to default getting into the game (into the Social Tavern) seems to work.  After that I can reset to 1080p with no problems.  My card is an nVidia GeForce GTX Titan.

These bugs that should be top priority instead of events are being overlooked and making me really not want to play this game.  
Why make another event if you didn't fix the problem from last weekend???????

I will try the video settings but with my pc i had to change them already to get in after the major patch since they changed things that made my drivers obsolete.  

This is alpha i know and do understand but get the priorities straight, trust me this game will go like the rest if they don't put things like this first on to events.  Do not get me wrong, this annoys me so much because i like this game... if i didn't like it i would just un-install and not deal with all this.

i think the issue is video settings. I can play fine on default settings. I switch to 1600x900 and when a cut scene happens, like winning a match a getting a chest, I go black screen and get some weird error.

Sadly that fix you said didnt work for me =/

Im still stuck at the    Black Screen Of Death

Hope im able to join soon ( My pet is waiting for me <3 )