Game will not load

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current workaround that's being used. Go to Steam library > right click DD2 > Properties > navigate to Local Files > Click "Verify integrity of game cache".

Verify did not work for me.. it was one of the first things I did before i looked it up on the forum and found others (with screenies) had the same issue.

@godslayer2018 quote:

Current workaround that's being used. Go to Steam library > right click DD2 > Properties > navigate to Local Files > Click "Verify integrity of game cache".

Sadly, this is not a work around. I have tried this multiple times trying after each other solution. I have updated video card drivers, restarted PC, etc.

My net is not lagging nor is it on the weak end at 70mb and my PC is not an issue, either, at 4.6GHz i7-4770k, 16GB RAM 3100MHz, GTX 770 2GB, and SSD ~700mb read/write.

During the stream they addressed this problem by mentioning that the server logs whenever anyone enters a map/tavern/joins the game and is supposed to log off you tracked progress every time you quit or exit a map. However they are experiencing (have experienced? not getting the problem anymore) a problem where this does not happen and multiple iterations of people logging in are still on the server. Which leads to an overflow error that results in the problem you are having.

Hope this answers a question people have. Do not remember if there was a fix yet for it. Since it's a server side problem that does not affect our clients. (I'm inferring that the problem is not client side, could be wrong on this one since I am not sure how the marker works for it.)

Knowing that they know about it doesnt do us any good. We can't play and that's just bad juju. Dealing with bugs in game i can deal with; not being able to play at all :D well that just is an entire different field of suck.

Yeah, hopefully they did a fix or two. Haven't gotten the errors today which is great. But I'm sure someone will post soon stating that they alleviated the problems especially for this weekend. [[6020,hashtags]]

@CBlue413 quote:

Disappointed, but not surprised.  Guess I'll play a different weekend.

I'd usually complain, but I've been trying to think of something to put off the anger and frustration. Three simple syllables, "Pre-Alpha."

Just to clarify, there are no workarounds for this other than retrying and hoping you get sent to a different server or Trendy notices and reboots the server. The server you are connecting to when this happens is out of memory (because of the memory leak mentioned upthread) and can't create a session for you. So it is basically holding your connection until some memory frees up, which will never happen.

They didn't reboot the servers yesterday at all.  I am fairly sure they did not actually implement the weekend event either.

Either way.  Have tried about a dozen times to log in this morning.  I guess i'll just play league.

@gigazelle quote:

@Tank90 quote:

They did say that they know of this problem its a memory leak in the server thats causing this. They are trying to fix it when they did fix it it actually screwed more things up so they didn't patch it.

Ooh, do you happen to have a link to where they mentioned this? Might be good to include in this thread.

I made mention of it to them during their dev cast. I'm not sure that they actually understood the issue is you can't get beyond the main menu and not that going from social tavern to an actual game can be a slow loading process. (maybe it's just different symptoms of the same bug) I had a hard time hearing what they said in it's entirety.

But yea as Tank said they said there's a memory leak and servers apparently aren't clearing out old temp(?) data regarding profiles like they should so they've steadily been getting worse and worse.

Would be nice to get some confirmation that the issue is being looked at. I_PASS_BUTTER or anyone?

Edit: so just went and replayed the dev cast (start at around 43:00, where the mentioning of the known server issues is). Sounds like memory leaks are slowly picking off servers one at a time. Though I did find it cute how they just chuckle at the mention of the known bug and reply "well some people are able to log in". Maybe we dust off that "known issues" thread and update it to let our community know whats going on? At least then people can have a clue of what is going on.

Tried the resolution "fix" and worked here. Wasn't able to get into the game, default graphics then change back to my settings and it loaded ok.

Heads up.

You can bypass the login servers by steam joining a game in progress.

However, apparently you get zero loot from any bosses if you join like this.  As confirmed by all the other 3 people in my group that joined that way and have seen zero loot.

Well this is day 3 of being not able to log in. Like I said before. Dealing with bugs in game is one thing; flat out not being able to log in is another. Since it's the weekend and they don't do much on the weekends that means Monday at the earliest.

You could definitely say frustration level is reaching over 9000 at this point. 

That laugh, it just plays over and over in my head.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/6686165

I've had this happen to me the past couple days and closing out DD2 and trying again every couple minutes usually works. It's a bit annoying having to spending 5 minutes or more trying to get onto a stable server, however Trendy is aware of the issue and working on it so I have hopes that it will be fixed soon. If you really want to play DD2 then you can, you just have to have patience which seems in short supply for many people. 

@Hendo quote:

I've had this happen to me the past couple days and closing out DD2 and trying again every couple minutes usually works. It's a bit annoying having to spending 5 minutes or more trying to get onto a stable server, however Trendy is aware of the issue and working on it so I have hopes that it will be fixed soon. If you really want to play DD2 then you can, you just have to have patience which seems in short supply for many people. 

If restarting the game 5, 10, 20 times was working for us, we would be playing right now.  Patience is not the issue.

@Zuqual quote:

@Hendo quote:

If restarting the game 5, 10, 20 times was working for us, we would be playing right now.  Patience is not the issue.

Like I said. I've had this happen to me the past couple days and this solution has worked for me. I've spent more than 10 minutes waiting to finally get into a server somehow. Making generalizations that it doesn't work for us is wrong and should be steered clear of. It clearly works for some. That being said, another solution to the problem is if you have friends or anyone on your friend's list playing DD2, join their game directly from the menu before even pressing the play button to go to the social tavern. I realize this wont work for everyone since they might not know someone who plays DD2, however I'm just trying to offer my two cents and let me people know what has worked for me. If you don't want to contribute in some constructive  way and would rather tell me how I'm wrong for something that has worked for me then that is you prerogative.

@Hendo quote:

If you don't want to contribute in some constructive  way and would rather tell me how I'm wrong for something that has worked for me then that is you prerogative.

It certainly is, just as it is yours to tell people that the only reason they aren't playing is because they aren't patient.