Game will not load

Hello everyone. So I have never had this problem before. But tonight after I click to play it had the "pre-alpha" water mark and the loading spiny thing. But other than that it is just a black screen and stays like that until I close it out and try again, and I get the same thing. I am not getting any error. It just refuses to load. I have in installed on a Intel SSD, the CPU is a 4690k, and I am using win 1.8 if that helps at all. Any help at all on how to fix this would be super duper. I may just re install. It should only take like 10min.

EDIT MUST READ: Hey everyone!!! This is what is working for me! Has worked every time. I change video settings to default and then put them on what I want when I get into game. Please let me know if this works for any of you as well! If it does then we may be able to help a lot pf people =)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I have re installed the game, to no avail. It is doing the same thing. I know that my computer is more than capable of handling this game on any setting. And my internet is not the best but it is up to the task as well. Any help on the matter would be wonderful! Again, thank you for your time!

Try hitting Alt enter when you get the black screen. that should kick it into windowed mode if its a full screen bug.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. But I am playing border-less window. I think... ~goes to check~ yup, that I am. I can get to the main screen. Where I can change options and all of that. But when I try to play it will not load it up. Like on my way to the pub tavern. 

Okay, putting all settings to defult worked. That is so odd. My PC can run like anything on max with no problems. She is a monster...

I was getting the same thing this evening, but i think it resolved itself. I'm willing to bet it was something on Trendy's end.

Well I have now received this horrible event as well... bummer.

Had it earlier in the evening, but after forcing the program closed it worked. Now, however, it just refuses to get past this black screen with the swirly on the bottom. It's a nice swirly, just not what I like to look at it.

Too bad it happened now, my fourth and final character is a sliver away from hitting 50 with her other compatriots. Sigh guess I have to wait til tomorrow.

@gigazelle quote:

I was getting the same thing this evening, but i think it resolved itself. I'm willing to bet it was something on Trendy's end.

I agree. I saw the same error multiple times last night, today no problems yet.

They did say that they know of this problem its a memory leak in the server thats causing this. They are trying to fix it when they did fix it it actually screwed more things up so they didn't patch it.

@Tank90 quote:

They did say that they know of this problem its a memory leak in the server thats causing this. They are trying to fix it when they did fix it it actually screwed more things up so they didn't patch it.

Ooh, do you happen to have a link to where they mentioned this? Might be good to include in this thread.

@Tank90 quote:

And because they did not take down the server today and reboot it.... memory leaks away. :)

I can't remember what post they had it on sorry but I assure you that it's in there somewhere lol

I can't even play at this point because it has a 100% rate of occuring. Trendy needs to reply on the status of this issue because it is clearly a serious issue when you have multiple threads on it on a forum that sees little activity.

that's all that I get now too, after steam repair and then reinstall so seems I'm done until they fix their game

Hey everyone!!! This is what is working for me! Has worked every time. I change video settings to default and then put them on what I want when I get into game. Please let me know if this works for any of you as well! If it does then we may be able to help a lot pf people =)

@Ruby Rose quote:

Hey everyone!!! This is what is working for me! Has worked every time. I change video settings to default and then put them on what I want when I get into game. Please let me know if this works for any of you as well! If it does then we may be able to help a lot pf people =)

No changing settings does not/did not help me at all. I tried that the first time I saw it posted. Haven't been able to log in for almost a day now ;x Have been having to spend my free time with Darkest Dungeon instead.

Having the same problem. It's intermittent and also occurs after leaving a private tavern....sometimes.

@Alabama quote:

@Ruby Rose quote:

No changing settings does not/did not help me at all. I tried that the first time I saw it posted. Haven't been able to log in for almost a day now ;x Have been having to spend my free time with Darkest Dungeon instead.

Sorry about that. That sucks =/ On the bright side that is a really fun game =)