Sign in to follow this  
Rylorn

Hero Damage / Pet Damage

Towers seem to carry 100% of the load during a wave. My hero and pet damage feel like they have almost no impact on successfully clearing a wave. Ability power seems relatively okay, I am talking about left /right click attacks. Towers are getting all the attention, while the most glaring imbalance in the game in my opinion is the scaling of pet damage and hero damage. To my knowledge, pet damage doesn't scale at all besides a small bump for evolving. 

Can we take a serious look at hero damage and pet damage?

Although certain pets do decent damage, I entirely agree with Hero Damage. Early on, your hero can make a big difference. End game and it becomes "Massive crit stacking or bust! Oh there's a Wyvern behind your towers? Yeah good luck with that."

[[86674,users]]

Have you seen NM hp for mobs? heroes and pets do no do anything to mobs in that high of a game. You better pray you have amazing towers to win. Unlike dd1 where pets were balanced and so were weapons.

What are you talking about ?

Are you saying that passives that have 30% chance when you get hit to deal 300 damage to NM4 mobs is not enough damage? /sarcasmOff

Hero damage is pointless later on, only mana bomb and piercing shot seem to so substantial damage. I kinda miss +projectiles from dd1 that was on mage, huntress and monk. but talking about dd1 seems to bring the wrath of some people here so I'll stop. 

Memories of Bullet Hell style Hero Builds...gone are the days of crazy Japanese-Style shooter game heroes that have millions of projectiles on the screen at once. Used to be so fun to watch.

AP Huntress can solo Phys Res lanes with complete ease but kinda struggle in physical ones. They have weak left/right click DPS because it is single target. Monks and Squires, however, are monsters at high end. I have seen Squires and Monks dealing 25k+ DPS in NM4 Incursion Liferoot literally solo'ing their lanes and they didn't even have the best/perfect gear/builds. It was to the point we even goofed around putting all the defenses in the Phys Res lanes and let them solo their Mres lanes with a Serenity Aura and 3 Mines at walls for any randoms that got past (this was before the Serenity nerf, which doesn't appear to have had too significant an impact overall). They would slaughter their lanes so hard they ended up helping the Phys Res lanes.

Now pets... pet dps is extremely worthless, basically past level 5 lol.

Pet DPS is just trash. Not to mention I do not like that any have physical attacks (that I've seen, yet?) maybe I'm wrong. I'd love to see a physical DPS pet, though. But yeah, hero auto attacks are... they are just bad. Really, really bad, and very boring too. 

+ projectiles would be really fun, and make hero damage scale better, perhaps. AP scales really well, and hero damage... just not so much.

I was thinking before the wipe (back when all pets were of powerful gear tier) that their pitiful damage was due to them not being legendary quality. But now that we have legendary pets and their DPS still is terrible even after upgrading them, so I'm definitely in agreement they could use a massive buff across the board.

@Xengre quote:

AP Huntress can solo Phys Res lanes with complete ease but kinda struggle in physical ones. They have weak left/right click DPS because it is single target. Monks and Squires, however, are monsters at high end. I have seen Squires and Monks dealing 25k+ DPS in NM4 Incursion Liferoot literally solo'ing their lanes and they didn't even have the best/perfect gear/builds. It was to the point we even goofed around putting all the defenses in the Phys Res lanes and let them solo their Mres lanes with a Serenity Aura and 3 Mines at walls for any randoms that got past (this was before the Serenity nerf, which doesn't appear to have had too significant an impact overall). They would slaughter their lanes so hard they ended up helping the Phys Res lanes.

Now pets... pet dps is extremely worthless, basically past level 5 lol.

Maybe huntress is the worst in hero damage and needs separate scaling. Range is a definite benefit, but aoe probably counts for even more. 

@Tristaris quote:

Pet DPS is just trash. Not to mention I do not like that any have physical attacks (that I've seen, yet?) maybe I'm wrong. I'd love to see a physical DPS pet, though. But yeah, hero auto attacks are... they are just bad. Really, really bad, and very boring too. 

+ projectiles would be really fun, and make hero damage scale better, perhaps. AP scales really well, and hero damage... just not so much.

What level is your pet though? Their DPs also scales significantly with levels, and pets for endgame hay have been balanced with the pet final tier upgrades in mind. (though granted it'd take a long while to actually get enough foodstuffs..)

The Huntress' 2.4 HD scaling is mitigated by the fact that while she gets 2 APS, the melee classes with their lower scaling get in 3 APS and get to cleave in an AoE with their primary attacks.

Pet DPS is poop and it's confirmed that rarity of pet has no influence on the stats of the pets, and as such all that matters is the active ability; half of which has no correlation to DPS (e.g. Encouragement), and the other half scaling purely off of HD which half of you think is awful. Even a friend of mine's 60/60 pet is kind of pathetic damage-wise for the amount of effort he invested to obtain it.

I'd argue that heroes have plenty fine of an influence in the game, but the foundation of my argument doesn't stand in a current broken meta that is all about ludicrously strong/broken towers. Prior to the three big passives in-game right now, I was able to carry fresh 50s with barricades as low as 80K in full runs of NM4 Incursion. While I am an AP build, I'd say the steady stream of attacks had a big impact too, and helped me focus some of the more threatening targets in each of the lanes.

idk what would be considered good, but my DPS hero's basic attacks hit for 29k and the 15% chance to shoot a fully charged secondary hits for 44k.

This has been minorly tested by me, so the numbers i said may be varied.

My DPS Huntress stats. (showing so you can get an idea of what stats I have to get my 29-44k hits per shot.)

2z6o7gz.png