So, me and my friend are new to this game. Both of us didnt play the DD 1 version, so we are very new to this game

Me going for huntress and squire (with full hearty blockade build) (which still at level 37 and 25 respectively), and my friend going for apprentice and monk (at level 35 and 30).

So, both of us have just done doing all of the free play hard mode for now, and now we do not know what to do next? Can we do some incursion or onslaught?? or do we need to grind some level and equipment before doing something else?

And by the way, how to unlock the end game mode?

Both of us need some suggestion for what to do next. Thank you so much in advanced

Have a great day!

Yo, if you didn't play DD1 shame on you. You got keep griding liferoot free play hard to gear up and after that you can try incursion, if you can't do that just keep grinding to lvl up and equip some spheres. Join some incursion from time to time to try and get some gear. I was just like you early this week, i leveled my monk to 50 so you can unlock endgame contentent. After you unlock, grind liferoot end game hard and then move to Nightmare 1 like i did, 1st map i find already some gears. 

So, Liferoot hard free play >(Incursion hard if you can with somebody, not necessary)  > level 50 > liferoot end game hard > nightmare 1 1st map.

What [[30783,users]] described there, was a super boring grind for exp and not the way to enjoy the game, especially if you are new to the Etheria. 

There is, unfortunately, that content gap for levels 42(-ish) - 49. It should be balanced out when a new bundle of maps comes out (i am hoping for it during the next milestone update. fingers crossed!!).
My advice would be, play anything that you want (can't do End Game anyway) as Free Play maps give good amounts of xp. Leveling up to 50 is moderately fast. Meaning, you can't level up to max in two hours, but you can do so in one day. 
You can keep doing the highest iPWR maps of Free Play so you would have the best possible items when you move into some harder content. I believe, Incursions on Insane give the best Free Play items. So, do that. It's also the good way to level up.
Enjoy the Free Play game, level up your pets and do all the other things w/e you can. Get to know the game:) You shouldn't even notice when you are already 48! and all you need are a couple of maps to unlock the End Game ;) 

Have fun and
Welcome to Etheria!

Depends on what your goals are.  If you have a hardcore mindset and just want to get into endgame maps, you are pretty much stuck mindlessly grinding exp for hours to get all four of those toons to 50.  Spam freeplay throneroom (make sure to keep the optional gate locks alive) or join a public game of hard onslaught siphon site D.  Probably shouldn't bother building the onslaught map yourself as the actual gear required to push deep into the rounds is way higher than the suggested ipwr.

If you don't care about unlocking content quickly, do whatever feels interesting.  Let the suggested ipwr on maps and game modes be your guide.  Maybe try collecting the legendary weapons from betsy, as they are the only content specific reward outside of pets you won't be able to earn yet in onslaught.