Sign in to follow this  
I_PASS_BUTTER

[Early Access] Hotfix 5.14

Hotfix 5.14 is now live! Here are the notes:

CONTENT

• Added SFX for the Sploody Harpoon passive

• Adjusted some elemental idle vfx to display correct idle media

FEATURES

• Restructured the difficulty curve for the End-Game Playlist. There are now Normal, Hard, Insane, and Nightmare I-IV End-Game difficulties. Players can now use Insane to prepare themselves for Nightmare mode.

• New Passives

• Frost Fire: The  Frostbite tower’s slow area buffs defenses inside it giving them [X-Y]% of the apprentice’s Defense Power as Defense Speed.

• Frosty Power: The Frostbite’s tower’s slow area buffs defenses inside it giving them [X-Y]% of the apprentice’s Defense Power.

• New Skill Spheres

• Frost Range - Increases the range of the frost tower by a percentage. This can stack.

• New Legendary Weapon

• A new legendary magic staff will now appear in End Game only. This staff will always have Frost Fire.

BALANCE

• Defense Balance Updates

• Modified the amount of Defense Power granted by upgrading some defenses:

• 20 cost defenses now receive much more Defense Power per upgrade (~30%) - (Explosive Trap, Elemental Chaos Trap, Arcane Barrier, Training Dummy)

• 30 cost defenses receive slightly more Defense Power per upgrade (~15%) - (Cannonball Tower, Lightning Aura, Heavy Cannonball Tower, Geyser Trap, Spike Blockade)

• 50 cost defenses now receives slightly less Defense Power per upgrade (-8%) - (Ballista, Earthshatter Tower, Skyguard Tower, Blaze Balloon)

• 40 cost defenses have no change - (Flameburst Tower, Flamethrower Tower, Lightning Strikes Aura, Poison Dart Tower)

• Uber Defense Rebalance (mostly buffing)

• Flamethrower Tower

• Defense Power ratio increased 0.26 -> 0.3

• Fixed bugs in Attack Rate data; Attack Rate is now 0.5

• Heavy Cannonball Tower

• Increased area-of-effect damage substantially (less damage falloff)

• Increased Attack Rate from 4.16 -> 4.0s

• Reduced Defense Power ratio from 1.0 -> 0.9

• Lightning Strikes Aura

• Reduced Mana Cost from 45 -> 40

• Reduced Defense Power ratio from 6.1 -> 5.4 to account for mana cost change

• Elemental Chaos Trap

• Increased Attack Rate from 5.0 -> 4.0s

• Fixed a bug that was preventing effects other than incineration from applying to enemies.

• Fixed an issue where some Uber-Sphere Defenses were still gaining Defense Speed on upgrade.

• Balance Updates to Non-Uber Sphere Defenses

• Flameburst Tower

• Increased Defense Power ratio 1.0 -> 1.2

• Lightning Aura

• Increased Defense Power ratio 0.32 -> 0.35

• Earthshatter Tower

• Increased Defense Power ratio 2.2 -> 2.4

• Ballista

• Increased Defense Power ratio 2.15 -> 2.6

• Geyser Trap

• Increased Attack Rate 8.33 -> 8.0s

• Skyguard Tower

• Reduced Critical Damage ratio 2.85 -> 2.0

• Reduced Defense Power ratio 2.2 -> 2.0

• Cannonball Tower

• Reduced Critical Damage ratio from 2.157 -> 2.1

• Explosive Trap

• Reduced Critical Damage ratio 0.95 -> 0.4

• Serenity Aura

• Changed % Based Healing to Flat Healing

• Flat Heal is now (Defense Power * 0.3)

• Poison Dart Tower

• Reset scaling on dart damage to be consistent with other defenses

• Improved the PDT’s ability to hit its first target and fast-moving targets

• Blaze Balloon

• Increasing Blaze Balloon Attack Rate 8.33 -> 8.0

• Set max Attack Rate for many defenses to 0.75. This will affect future builds that are added into the game.

• Frost Tower's Buff Range increased from 500 to 800 - related to the chill area of effect for the Frost Fire stats

BUGFIXES

• Fixed an issue where towers would reset their attack time when their current target died.

• Fixed an issue where towers would wait a minimum time before attacking enemies that came into their range.

• Fixed an issue where towers would trigger a minimum wait period when they could not shoot their current target.

• Fixed an issue where the Huntress sticky grenades did not disappear when an enemy triggered the explosion.

• Fixed an issue where enemies oiled from the Harpoon Oil Targets sphere did not light on fire when hit with fire damage.

• Fixed an issue where the Serenity aura was affected by Betsy’s curse.

• Fixed a bug where Slayer Weapons were not marked as Custom.

• Fixed an issue where the Ballista range increase did not only affect the Ballista.

• Fixed an issue that prevented Defense Health and Hero Health from appearing commonly on armor pieces.

• Fixed a bug that was still causing Defense Crit Chance and Hero Crit Chance to appear as a primary stat rather than a passive

• Setup scaling so that the ignite combo from oil will burn at 40% of the tower damage stat of the hero.

• Fixed an issue where enemies oiled from 2 straight poison debuffs did not proc with fire damage.

• Fixed an issue where the number of pierced targets doesn't update for the Ballista with the Harpoon Pierce Upgrade skill sphere equipped.

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Defense Attack Rate 4 & 5 skill spheres give the same value of +20

Is there a bug to drop a lot of weapon/relic than armor pieces ?

Earthshatter tower is pretty useless before this hotfix and now when we upgrade her it's even more useless haha, that mean u have a plan for new passives on this tower ? :p

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

BUGFIXES

• Fixed an issue where towers would reset their attack time when their current target died.

• Fixed an issue where towers would wait a minimum time before attacking enemies that came into their range.

• Fixed an issue where towers would trigger a minimum wait period when they could not shoot their current target.

High fives all around!

I've got issues regarding that new Insane difficulty.

Before this hotfix I was clearing End Game Liferoot Forest HARD solo. I attempted NM1 Gates, and the Ogre boss with Trollblood on the first wave was just impossible with the my gear (which is nearly 200 on every character that is building stuff).

So with this new Insane difficulty, which comes after HARD, but before NM1... I was expecing a stepping stone with some extra lvls of gear that would make me be able to then progress into NM1. That was not the case.
The Insane difficulty took the place of hard, which doesn't seem to help in any way with my progression.

Am I suppose to gear up to full legendary with proper stats to be able to progress from Endgame Hard to Endgame Nightmare1 with the proper item lvl?

Gonna go and try different builds, and if that doesn't work I just don't know. I really want to progress 1 step at a time but it seems the item power progression isn't balanced the same way the difficulty is.

----------

Apart from Insane the patch seems awesome so far, and I'm really looking forward to have the new apprentice passives/spheres/etc.

@TheCrimsonTea quote:

I've got issues regarding that new Insane difficulty.

Before this hotfix I was clearing End Game Liferoot Forest HARD solo. I attempted NM1 Gates, and the Ogre boss with Trollblood on the first wave was just impossible with the my gear (which is nearly 200 on every character that is building stuff).

So with this new Insane difficulty, which comes after HARD, but before NM1... I was expecing a stepping stone with some extra lvls of gear that would make me be able to then progress into NM1. That was not the case.
The Insane difficulty took the place of hard, which doesn't seem to help in any way with my progression.

Am I suppose to gear up to full legendary with proper stats to be able to progress from Endgame Hard to Endgame Nightmare1 with the proper item lvl?

Gonna go and try different builds, and if that doesn't work I just don't know. I really want to progress 1 step at a time but it seems the item power progression isn't balanced the same way the difficulty is.

----------

Apart from Insane the patch seems awesome so far, and I'm really looking forward to have the new apprentice passives/spheres/etc.

How did you find the xp, insane lifreroot (from wave 4) with 110% boost only gave me 20k xp...

@CBlue413 quote:

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

to prevent xp leeching in those games

This statement makes tremendous amounts of sense, +1 Trendy for creativity.

It makes no sense since pet's affection gain is based on xp and we have costumes that requires millions of xp to unlock beyond what is needed to reach level 50. End game xp needs to be brought up to at the very minimum the amount free play hard gives.

The new frostfire build is nice and all but... It's kinda boring.

The hearty harpoons build for the squire is now pretty much the best build for him, and can easily do "solo", as in it doesn't need other characters to work properly.

But when you look at the frostfire apprentice, he needs either the flamethrowers (which cannot deal with ogres AT ALL, in my opinion), or a trapper to build explosive traps with. I was looking forward to having a fun build I could use on my apprentice, instead of using him just to buff my other characters. This is especially sad because personally I hate using traps because of high upgrade cost and there being so many traps to build in every map.

Also apprentice was my main builder in DD1 and I am very much looking forward to using him in DD2 too.

@TheCrimsonTea quote:

Yeah, I really don't understand what the point of this change was. Like you said, End Game Insane is now exactly what End Game Hard was before the change. It's still a 30 ipwr jump between the best gear in Insane and the recommended ipwr for the first level of NM1, so it definitely didn't help progression there. And getting into the old End Game Hard was probably the least painful transition in the game currently, since most people will spend a while at the high end of Free Play Hard to finish leveling.

But it turns out, even if the goal was to ease that transition, it's still a miserable failure. I looked at the numbers for the new End Game Normal and Hard, and I'm completely confused. The new End Game Hard overlaps almost completely with Free Play Hard, the difference being that End Game Hard is slightly harder than Free Play and gives lower ipwr gear. Yes, really. Free Play Hard gear starts at ipwr 100 and goes to 150, while End Game Hard only goes from 100 to 135. Meanwhile, the required/recommended ipwr is 10 higher on average than Free Play, meaning that if you actually tried to progress through the new End Game Hard it would be slow and grueling.

The situation with End Game and Free Play Normal is about the same, but at least on Normal End Game is just harder for identical gear rather than worse.

I have to ask if anyone even did a sanity check on the numbers before pushing this difficulty revamp through. End Game Normal and Hard have no reason to exist as they currently are.

@Hecate quote:

@CBlue413 quote:

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

to prevent xp leeching in those games

This statement makes tremendous amounts of sense, +1 Trendy for creativity.

It makes no sense since pet's affection gain is based on xp and we have costumes that requires millions of xp to unlock beyond what is needed to reach level 50. End game xp needs to be brought up to at the very minimum the amount free play hard gives.

Exactly - costumes require alot of xp to level and the pets, while there is the argument to prevent xp leech we do have kick now...

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

How did you find the xp, insane lifreroot (from wave 4) with 110% boost only gave me 20k xp...

Do Freeplay - Gates of Dragonfall - Easy if you're just straight exp grinding. I deleted my xp logs, but the gains for doing higher difficulties is pretty minimal. It's actually less xp than liferoot, if you let quab die. Plus Gates of Dragonfall is a shorter map overall. It's like a 10k exp difference to normal and 20k difference to hard Liferoot, but ends a lot faster, especially if you have a decently geared monk to drop lightning auras.

Well, I managed to clear the Dragonfall Market in Solo NM1... So I guess Insane helped by making me start testing different maps in NM1. Seriously thou, either insane should provide higher item lvls, or NM1 shouldn't be as hard... if the plan is to progress from one into the other.

@TheCrimsonTea quote:

Well, I managed to clear the Dragonfall Market in Solo NM1... So I guess Insane helped by making me start testing different maps in NM1. Seriously thou, either insane should provide higher item lvls, or NM1 shouldn't be as hard... if the plan is to progress from one into the other.

They should bring hard back to what it was and make insane a properly bridge between hard and nightmare like it should be. Insane drops the exact same quality gear as hard did before the patch, that is assuming gear drops at all.

@Narutimalte quote:

Earthshatter tower is pretty useless before this hotfix and now when we upgrade her it's even more useless haha, that mean u have a plan for new passives on this tower ? :p

earth shatters are the best tower's ever. you just don't use them properly

@SoloVisionary quote:

@Narutimalte quote:

earth shatters are the best tower's ever. you just don't use them properly

Can you show/tell me how to use them properly? Because I also thought they were really crappy.

But I love App and want to use more App stuff (besides the frost tower), would really appreciate on how to make the Earthshatter not feel like a bad waste of DU compared to the DPS it provides :/.

I mean its direct contenders DPS wise are LA/Flameburst/Flamethrower/Elemental Chaos as Magical AoE.

And cc wise the 15% knockupchance clearly loses out to a 100% knockup chance on a geyser.