Too many solo games?

Although the problem is exacerbated by the Pre-Alpha state of game, I feel like the current matchmaking systems leaves you with the frustrating search for a game.... without knowing if there are any "active" games with other players, you spend a lot of time trying to start a map just to find that there is nobody playing besides you!!!!!

Not really sure what the development roadmap is looking like for this, but there should be some kind of "quick match" feature to ensure you get into an active game (if there are any around your ipwr lvl).

I agree that they need to make it visible to players what maps have a active game going on. 

I believe if you decide to join via the random option that it puts you into a active game if there is one otherwise it randomly chooses a map for you to start. I've been joining a ton of random freeplay hard games & it's almost always put me into one so I find it a effective way to join people, but It'd still be nice to see a sort of lobby list.

Not reducing your own social score for leaving a solo game would be a start. I assume they use it already, and you could be screwing yourself out of playing with other people because your score goes really low because of it.

@Kelebek quote:

Not reducing your own social score for leaving a solo game would be a start. I assume they use it already, and you could be screwing yourself out of playing with other people because your score goes really low because of it.

I don't think social score is even functional at the current point in time...is it? (cause social score in it's current form is well, extremely lacking, to put it nicely)

@Kelebek quote:

Yeah, basically what Kyrn typed. It's not functioning at the moment; that is most likely part of information we can get from it. It also needs to be adjusted too, because once I've did multiplayer we did a map went to Tavern and right when I got in, BAMN new map...I left because I had things to do in Tavern. Also I did another multiplayer later on during that Event for the pet just to have people in, I could do it solo but the chance of getting it increases with more players, and I was having bad luck so I decided to do multiplayer. All I had to say someone wasn't the brightest and Strategy games AT ALL.. Anyways they need to change where you have to agree or something; like that "Stay Together" or "Stay in Match" not sure why it isn't there, perhaps bug, but hopefully when this is put in functionality that shouldn't be a problem for others.

@Kacautu quote:

@Kelebek quote:

Yeah, basically what Kyrn typed. It's not functioning at the moment; that is most likely part of information we can get from it. It also needs to be adjusted too, because once I've did multiplayer we did a map went to Tavern and right when I got in, BAMN new map...I left because I had things to do in Tavern. Also I did another multiplayer later on during that Event for the pet just to have people in, I could do it solo but the chance of getting it increases with more players, and I was having bad luck so I decided to do multiplayer. All I had to say someone wasn't the brightest and Strategy games AT ALL.. Anyways they need to change where you have to agree or something; like that "Stay Together" or "Stay in Match" not sure why it isn't there, perhaps bug, but hopefully when this is put in functionality that shouldn't be a problem for others.

Not sure what you're talking about.  There is a feature exactly the way you described

There is. But there's nothing stopping someone from just starting a match immediately after it ends.