Sign in to follow this  
nmeofdst8

Monthly Pet - Not What was Advertised

Monthly pet award banner advertisement said "High Burst Damage" pet...Mine hatched into 1.6s "55" dmg.  I've had blue pets hatch close to 350 dmg.  Very lame and not what was advertised.

He shoots like 12 projectiles at a time, and the 55 damage is a lie, it scales, with what, I don't know, but it does.

Also, you're not forced to use it if it doesn't suit your style.

I thought it was the ability that dealt burst damage - I haven't hatched mine yet so I dont know what his ability is, but can anyone confirm this?

When you evolve, he does burst damage (if you want to call it that) in an area where you're targeting.

It's not fantastic, but it's decent. At least you can re-roll for higher damage and such.

Thunder O's basic attack is slightly above average for the pets, at least in the low evolutions. Legendary pets are supposed to scale better and he probably pulls ahead of much of the pack with higher evolutions.

His special though is the weakest I've personally used. The generic elemental attacks do more damage in larger areas than his Thunderstorm. I have hope that this might be because it gets better when he continues to evolve (more strikes or something) but testing that is hard because of the astronomical amount of food necessary to level a pet.

@chpoit quote:

He shoots like 12 projectiles at a time, and the 55 damage is a lie, it scales, with what, I don't know, but it does.

Also, you're not forced to use it if it doesn't suit your style.

Multi-hit pets have lower damage, to make up for their higher RoF(which is sometimes improperly displayed.  I've had pets with multi-hit showing 2s cooldowns and some showing .5s attack rates.  Same for damage, multi-hits showing normal 150-200 base damage and others being around 30-50 base).  I'd somewhat prefer they got rationalized into some DPS number so it was easier to compare, or at least some sort of consistency in displaying multi-hit numbers at least.

@Hecate quote:

Thunder O's basic attack is slightly above average for the pets, at least in the low evolutions. Legendary pets are supposed to scale better and he probably pulls ahead of much of the pack with higher evolutions.

His special though is the weakest I've personally used. The generic elemental attacks do more damage in larger areas than his Thunderstorm. I have hope that this might be because it gets better when he continues to evolve (more strikes or something) but testing that is hard because of the astronomical amount of food necessary to level a pet.

Wasn't it supposed to be premium, limited, or legendary normal required to evolve to elder(which means you'll have more levels to advance, which increase in value by evolution stage)?

He does 2350 dps at level 26

The thunderstrike does 5 strikes at 1250 damage to multiple targets

I was under the impression we could change the pet ability, there's even an option to reroll, i want pets do be skin specific not ability specific. The thunderstrike is junk so the pet is useless.

Agreeing with others here, the ability feels useless. 800*5 damage in an AoE, versus 6k*3 in a similarly levelled pet. I don't often use the pet for AoE as much as just bursting down single targets.

My deal 2.8kX5 aoe storm damage on dps huntress,less on another classes(not so bad with drench,ha?).
Seems like it scales on hero stats(hero damage or ability power of hero)