Pet Rarity should go up with evolution.

This would let non legendary pets get access to the better stat ranges through rerolls at higher evolutions but let the legendary pets start with those ranges. It would also make getting a premium pet that is epic or powerful still good as it would eventually be legendary. Also the lower tier pets could be usuable for those that want those pet skins after enough evolutions and rerolls.

I like having a rare item that can drop off ogres/minibosses that allows you to upgrade a pets tier. Upping tier by evolution seems too easy.

Does rarity actually matter? They seem to have the same ranges of stats for rerolls.

@Nyo quote:

Does rarity actually matter? They seem to have the same ranges of stats for rerolls.

Yes, it has been confirmed by both Dan on the last dev stream and by players that legendary pets have higher stats both in damage and empowerment. 

I'm pretty sure my serpentagon rerolled empowerment stats in the same 15-50 range as any other pet.  Do the higher stats only become apparent after evolution?

@gigazelle quote:

@Nyo quote:

Yes, it has been confirmed by both Dan on the last dev stream and by players that legendary pets have higher stats both in damage and empowerment. 

They did not say that about empowerment