Sign in to follow this  
rabidgonk

Matchmatking server down

Reposting what I wrote in the other Topic related to this issue:

I've been able to login and can actually play (private) matches right now.

I accomplished this by whenever it didnt enter social tavern after 1 minute I closed Dungeon Defenders and restarted it.

After about 20 tries I was able to login normally.

That might work for some of you as a workaround for the time being.

Still stuck in a log-in loading screen.

How many have upgraded to windows 10? I am having the same issue, being stuck in the loading screen before social tavern, and the W10 upgrade is the only change since I last played.

@ravekai1212 quote:

How many have upgraded to windows 10? I am having the same issue, being stuck in the loading screen before social tavern, and the W10 upgrade is the only change since I last played.

Been using windows 10 for over 2 weeks with no issue, it isn't related to that. The servers are probably just acting up.

I have windows 10 and am not having any issues with the game that are related to OS.

This issue is usually solved through patience. I merely just wait a little longer and the game automatically rights itself. Though connection issues and bugs such as the time period it takes to create a new lobby as opposed to joining one, and the infuriating "waiting for players" load time during private matches can really challenge our perseverance.

So I managed to get into the game via an invitation from the select couple of people that I can actually join without getting the matchmaking error.
Now I am afraid to leave their game (go to social tavern) to do my own daily quest because I will get stuck at loading screen again :D bummer.

Trendy, we kinda need someone monitoring the system state during the off-hours. The cost of requiring a persistent connection to your servers is that you can't just let everyone go home at 6pm Friday and hope the servers stay in a good state all weekend. 

@Woqini quote:

This is not a client issue, and have nothing to do with Windows 10

^

What this guy said.  It is not a Windows 10 issue.  I have encountered it on multiple platforms. :)  It just means trendy servers are broke.

@Chappyy quote:

I restarted my steam client and was able to log in.

This did nothing for me.  I still get through initializing resources, then searching for session.  Then the screen just goes black with the spinning logo and never loads into anything.  Have tried this on multiple computers.

@Woqini quote:

Trendys servers have always been unstable. It was the same in DDE.

You can tell from the game itself that this time, it's a bit different.
Incomparable step up in quality.