Sign in to follow this  
trokin

Pet Interface feeding bug

I have a weird issues with the pet interface..

I can only feed my "main" pet , if I try to feed any other pet it always jumps to the level of my "main" pet, then if I close & open the interface again the pet is lvl 1 again and the used food is in my temporary item box or not ( 50%:50%)

[[64025,users]]

That is incorrect. I feed unequipped pets all the time without encountering the issue this poster has.

I've had a problem where i equip a pet to feed it and it feeds the pet i had previously equipped and the power level of the pet that's equipped (that I'm trying to feed) changes to the pet that was previously equipped..

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Hi trokin

You can only feed the pet that you have equipped. If you are having trouble feeding your equipped pet, please contact our support team

Thanks for the feedback!

I did via the ingame tavern keeper thingie - never got a response

@GettinCawky quote:

I've had a problem where i equip a pet to feed it and it feeds the pet i had previously equipped and the power level of the pet that's equipped (that I'm trying to feed) changes to the pet that was previously equipped..

that is exactly the issue I have - I even made new chars and equipped a new pet , didn't help at all.

I have one pet that is feedable , every other pet is bugged for me

@trokin quote:

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Hi trokin

You can only feed the pet that you have equipped. If you are having trouble feeding your equipped pet, please contact our support team

Thanks for the feedback!

I did via the ingame tavern keeper thingie - never got a response

@GettinCawky quote:

that is exactly the issue I have - I even made new chars and equipped a new pet , didn't help at all.

I have one pet that is feedable , every other pet is bugged for me

nevermind - the hotfix of today , even though it isn't mentioned in the notes fixed it for me

@Hecate quote:

I_PASS_BUTTER

That is incorrect. I feed unequipped pets all the time without encountering the issue this poster has.

My apologies, my post should have been clearer. You cannot feed unequipped pets food directly from the inventory. 

However, from the stable you can feed a pet without having to equip it. Just select the pet and the food. 

From our QA team: If you are able to double click on food in your inventory and it feeds an unequipped pet, that's a bug, please report it. 

Good catch!

@GummiBear quote:

Wait what? you can feed your equipped pet without going to the stable?, Didn't know that...

This. Maybe there should be a tooltip or something on the items that say "double click to feed active pet"?

@SoulStealer64 quote:

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:
If you are able to double click on food in your inventory and it feeds an unequipped pet, that's a bug, please report it. 

Just tested this, and double clicking on food in my inventory does nothing :(

Are you clicking on the actual food, or just the box?

IF:

• You're clicking on the food and it doesn't feed your equipped pet
THEN:

IF:

• You're clicking on the pet food box,
THEN:
  •  search your inventory for the unwrapped pet food and feed your pet!

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Are you clicking on the actual food, or just the box?

IF:

• You're clicking on the food and it doesn't feed your equipped pet
THEN:

IF:

• You're clicking on the pet food box,
THEN:
  •  search your inventory for the unwrapped pet food and feed your pet!

The actual food.

It's acting strange, it worked once, but then didn't work for any of the times following that. 

I'll talk to the ol' tavern keep and give him the details :)

i just now realized why my food dissappeared before when I double clicked it! I was certain it was a bug, no inducation of getting any pet exp aterall :P