Questions for Devstream 33!

Have a question for us? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream on Friday, August 21st at 5PM EDT. Please follow the format below. We will select 5-10 long-form questions and as many lightning round questions as we can to answer on the Devstream.

Format:

Two questions that you would like to get a longer answer on. As many questions as you would like to get a yes/no on. Please mark these as "Lightning" at the beginning of the question. (For example, "Lightning:  Does Dan ever wear the same t-shirt twice?")

Monk and Squire abilities are significantly weaker compared to Huntress and App. Even for App, only Mana Bomb has decent AP scaling. Is this intended?

Are there any plans to buff/rework crit chance/damage in the near future?

Lightning: Are there going to be any new enemies introduced in the near future?

Lightning: Monk's ranged attack doesn't shoot from his hand while strafing sideways. Can that be fixed?

Lightning: Are there any plans to implement a mode/ability/option that speeds mobs up to save time?

Lightning: Do you agree that real goblins should have curves?

-Long Question: We've been talking a lot about balance, XP, quests, pets, loot, but not enough about cosmetic. Can you give us a better insight on cosmetics? How will tower skins work for example? Will they change particles? Sounds? Is there a more fully customizable system on the works?

-Long question: The mini-achievements we had during missions. I haven't heard any talk about this. They're just gone. What happened? It was so satisfying to hear that sound when having gold and XP cash In when you hit a lot of minions at once with your skills. It was rewarding fixing every single trap every single wave. It was fun. Now all you have Is a random +5 gold from god knows where from time to time.

-Lightning Cosmetic question: Any plans for a system that will swap stats from weapon to another, so you can fuse one weapon stats into a weapon skin that you enjoy? Or something similar?

-Lightning Cosmetic question: Any plans to allow us to swap color pallets from skins and accessories?

-Lightning Cosmetic question: Any plans to allow us to use different accessories on different skins? Like Bane Mask on the ninja costume or ninja mask on normal monk?

I feel that farming for getting the gears with the stats we want and the passives we want (example: LA rate boost with Tower atk and Tower hp stat on the glove)  going to be really too hard due to the great amount of passives. The problem is that while farming specific passives for a specific class, we also get passives for other classes. While I farm with my Monk to get passives for my monk, I don't want to get a passive for squire's towers. Will you guys make that the passives that drop from loot are general passives for all heros (like gold boost) and passives for the current hero in map class' passives (so playing with monk means that getting squire passives is impossible)?

Lightning : Will we soon be able switch a private match to open match in the middle of doing the map?

Lightning : Will we soon be able to get pet ability reroll item?

Lightning : Will pet reroll items be able to stack up more than 9 times?

Will pets ever be useful damage wise i mean we can all agree that there damage is *** 

Also i know you messed up my name you can all me (s3) 

Question:

Are you going to change how premium pets work. The gamble part is holding me back to buy them.

@Sovereighn quote:

Hey, this wipeaggedon I saw on the website has happened already? I hope it have but if not, when it will be? 

You should ask these kind of questions on other posts or one of your own. This Is for the big questions on stream. And yes It already happened

Question: Do you have any plans to change or rework horde waves in onslaught mode? At the moment, they are MUCH harder than any other wave. I like the idea, but I don't feel like the difficulty is balanced.

Question: I remember back in DD1 the weapons had a range in sizes, is that something we will be able to get again in DD2 or is that a thing of the past?  It was always cool finding a sword or staff 4 times bigger than the player. 

Lightning: Is there a chicken pet in the works?  I want to egg enemies again.

*This is going to be poorly formulated because.... I'm not sure how to express it in English but hopefully you'll understand*

Question: Do you plan on making it easier to find games with other people to join since it seems very random whether or not you're thrown in an empty game or with others in there?

(Personally I LOVE the way DD1 does it)

*I assume these would be answered as lightning questions so I'll just go for that.*

Lightning: Is trading something you plan on making a part of DD2? (Or at least dropping items so others can pick them up)

Lightning: Would you consider changing the size of the minimap so it becomes similar to the DD1 minimap, showing the names of the heroes?

Lightning: Are you going to reset all chars again? Feels kind of wasted time spent farming and leveling if it all is just going to be reset...

Main Question: What is causing the 'Rubber-banding' issue that popped up post-Hotfix 5.10, and is it being looked at? It is especially affecting players based in Asia, and makes it almost impossible to play. 

Lightning: How much salt have you guys consumed in regards to constantly having to deal with the whines and rants constructive criticism from the vocal minority?

Cheers~

Honestly, I asked my question every dev stream and you never answer it and when you do you don't answer it right, WHEN will you be releasing the PS4 anything? 

@Gardndan004 quote:

Honestly, I asked my question every dev stream and you never answer it and when you do you don't answer it right, WHEN will you be releasing the PS4 anything? 

They can't answer that,  ffs. Calm down, missie.

Any time frame for improving the Quick match options.  It would be nice to see which maps have players and how many.  If it's a started game might be nice to see... those kinda things.

Is there anything planned for stats on items?  For instance, crit and crit dmg seem like messy stats that require spreadsheets to manage effectively.  Are you happy with this?  The only scaling we get from gear ATM is power and crit.  I'm just saying, without defense speed from gear... Items scaling my towers consist of a stat making them hit harder and another stat making them hit harder.  Do you see a problem with this?

How are we meant to progress from end game content to NM content? I've gotten lost once I hit End Game to NM transition, me and my group were initially just farming the first wave as best we could, hopefully we'd kill the first boss but if not well, reset try again situation.... It caused our squire to quit on us, drove me and my friend bonkers because we'd finish the wave only to get smashed by the ogre. So on so forth and when we finally did kill it we got gear yes, but honestly, it felt boring, not fun and ***ty. 

Loosing Forward, Is boring unfortunately the only option we had because we couldn't do the content with just me and him.

Do you plan to make the path you're meant to take more obvious, more streamline progressing from Free Play Hard to End Game Hard / Insane because you're changing it, will progressing into Nightmare be fun and challenging but not impossible? Because that's what it seems like at the moment. 

Inventory Sorting, is there any talk about adding in any sorting systems because at the moment it's literally the most tedious part of the game right now. managing my inventory because I like to pick up all the eggs and items that'll be good for my characters that I'm leveling. Headache inducing actually, I try and keep my eggs in one bag, my legionaries in another, blues in another purples, so on so forth. then I'd attempted to sort them by level, rather ilvl then but I've given it up as it's simply to unwieldy to do. A system to sort my inventory by item rarity, Item level and designate bags for certain items like those boxes that contain pet related items, or for eggs would be great.

^^^ Boiled down; Do you plan to add options to sort inventories by ilvl, by rarity and the possibility of designating bags for one thing so when you hit sort all items of that category get thrown into it, I.E designating a bag for eggs so when i sort all my pet eggs get dumped in there? 

A third question because I feel it needs asking, but is this whole 'set system' going to be a cornerstone of the game because I feel I need to point out the flaws within it, first and foremost would be the fact that loot is hard enough to gather as it and adding in sets like you are is going to develop a meta like D3 is, sure there may be 'variance' as you say but eventually, it's going to end up with one set single way being better than all other variances and that's what everyone going to use. Even if a single set way doesn't end up being the be all and end all for a class, it'll end up like that eventually unfortunately. Like D3 is, there may be all the other sets and items but nobody uses them once they get the 'better' set even though they're all arguably amazing.

Boiled down, are SETS going to be the be all and end all of end game content, no room for people without it or bad rolls, to bad for them they'll have to go get better gear?

Do you think that even though you've left so  much room for variance that people will eventually discover the 'best' version of it and that'll be all everyone uses because its so much better than the other variances of the set / build?

RnG is harsh, and to people who need this stuff to go into NM and EG content, it can be crushing to do the map with the highest Ilvl drop pool and not getting the gear you want. Because that's what it looks like this'll be actually.

Lightning questions will be marked as L:

L: Is there anything planned to make the makes seem more unique, more distinct from another rather than the simple graphic and layout changes? I'm talking about things like awesome traps or single use only traps that destroy a lane but open another one? MAP altering decisions you can make when playing it?

L: Is there an ETA on the skill sphere UI change? Looks awesome even though it's was only a concept art. It looked amazing and much more accessibly than the current version.

L: Are there any plans to introduce an "Active" Game counter on maps so when you join a map you can see if there's people playing it rather than shooting in the dark and hoping you get it?

L: Will you add more information about UBER Spheres into the game at some stage? Because from the tool tip you get exactly no information, especially considering more than half of them are cut off.

L: Will tower skins offer any actual advantages over the others or will they just be cosmetic?

L: Will we eventually see trading / more social options?

L: Will re-rolling stats on an item like the D3 Mystic be available at any stage?

L: Is there any thoughts on re-vamping the end game UI because it's confusing.

L: Will you even let us see our own 'Social Score' or even explain what it's meant to be?

Question 1: With the introduction of the "Hearty Blockade" passive, are there any plans to change the Training Dummy tower and to a lesser extent the Magic Blockade to be less redundant outside of the leveling portion of the game?  If so, can you talk about specifics?

Question 2: During Devstream 32 you said that you want people to play the different maps rather than the same ones over and over.  Do you think an additional incentive (outside of the fairly rare specific content dailies) to play and complete said maps would alleviate the problem?

Lightning: If onslaught is mainly to find your dream gears, why there is no onslaught with highest item power like 850 itempower...

Question 1: Will we get a repair all button?  If no, what is the reasoning behind it?

Question 2: Will the new stat specific passives drop on items with that stat only or is it completely random? For example the "hearty blockades" passive always drop on items with hero health?

In the past you guys have repeatedly talked about wanting to have a diverse endgame. However currently there is only one map (liferoot) which yields the highest ilvl loot (840+). How can you expect people to farm different maps at the final stage of endgame, when there is only one map with the highest ilvl loot?

DD2 has currently 13 maps, and I find it sad that I played most of them only once during campaign. I think there is an inbalance spending the first 10-15 hours in 13 different maps, and when having reached endgame nm4, there is litterally only 1 map to farm, since it's the only place worthwhile for adequate rewards. I don't want to sound rude, but I think you wasted time, effort and resources in creating 12 maps other than Liferoot. I spent 10-15 hours in all of the maps, and I've currently spent 200+ hours in liferoot alone, with no end in sight at the moment. People are not going to farm maps if they know before they start the map that they're not going to find an upgrade.

Don't you guys think it's time to introduce Nightmare 5, where all maps have the same ilvl loot drop? I understand some map layouts are easier/harder than other maps. You could change wave lenght and/or monster strenght/health to balance the difficulty. I am really looking for a reason to play all the beautiful maps you've created so far, but there simply isn't one right now. Also powerful and useful unique map rewards would really spice things up to play more different maps.

My apologies should the answers to these questions already exist elsewhere on the forum.

Question 1: A Squire or Monk may auto attack via left click followed by using a skill and will immediately resume auto attacking while left click is still pressed however Huntresses and Apprentices do not. Is there any plans for making this mechanic available for all classes? I want to be sure that I am still attacking and not need to check every time especially during hectic scenarios.

Question 2: A known issue was mentioned in Hotfix 5.14 regarding premium pet costs, is it possible that premium pets have been purchased for the wrong price? if so will players be refunded?

Lightning: With respect to the gambling of premium pets will there be ways to improve your chances i.e. spending gems on golden eggs just like you do at the moment on regular eggs.

Lightning: In the long term can we expect a way to increase a pets rarity/grade?

Lightning: Will there be an option or way to skip the victory and chest cut scenes?

Lightning: Is Sushi better than Pizza?

Long Question: Not sure if this has been asked yet but we haven't had an update on the PS4 version of the game in a long time. So what I wanted to ask is whether we have an update on when the game will be coming out to the PS4 and will it be coming out any time soon, most preferably a time frame of when we should see it coming to console?