Sign in to follow this  
pmasher

[Early Access] Hotfix 5.13

Just one small fix for this morning: 

Bug Fixes 
  • Fixed an issue where the special stats for the Hearty Harpoon Squire Build were not appearing on the correct items.

Stay tuned for our Devstream at 5pm EDT where we'll reveal this weekend's event, show off this new build, and reveal the next one!

@Hey Frank... quote:

So which piece(s) are we supposed to get harpoon passives on? Are there now items that can't be obtained anymore?

And more importantly, what of the pieces where hearthy harpoon is improperly assigned to?

Farmed a sword, totem, and a body - they still have the passive after update

Sooo, I do think this is legacy gear all over again unless those 3 are supposed to have it and the other pieces have been cleared

I have it on boots, wep, chest, helm.  It doesn't seem to go below 1 second attack speed anyway.

My meager tests seem to indicate they don't stack, so I don't foresee a problem.

As of right now, we have no intention of wiping stats. The few people who received items before the hotfix that weren't intended for the special stat aren't really at too high an advantage: there is a max tower speed increase for the ballista so it can't go faster than 1 second, which Mokn commented on before, and we did intend players to reach that cap with higher-end gear based on the roll. 

While we intended the passive for specific slots, we're not too concerned about those who got an item they shouldn't. You'll find higher level gear as you progress, or other stat combos that work as intended, that will be more interesting and powerful in the long run, and this will be more one of those "I was around then" type items. 

TYVM for patch, i just had finished onslaught got to wave 15 and got a golden egg, due to patch kicking me off right before i could move the items out of temp bag, guess what happened before i could log in again. I applaud you guys for trolling me so hard. Whoever thought up the 2 hour temp bag thing should have thier head examined, or figure out some way to code in when booted off the timer doesnt start till u log in again. Here nor there lost 53 prime items legendaries etc. im so freaking livid i cant see straight. On top of the full wipe that wasted about 400 hours of my time you guys sure know how to make your players feel rewarded for spending hundreds of hours on this game. In fact i just think im done why waist more time that you will probably end up finding a way to make useless as well.  My hat is off to u trendy keep up the pro trolling.

haha sure thing bud happened to me too! ;)  and if your that angry over a game. take anger management. and if your upset about the wipe and "wasted 400 hrs" don't play until the game is live.

@Erox333 quote:

TYVM for patch, i just had finished onslaught got to wave 15 and got a golden egg, due to patch kicking me off right before i could move the items out of temp bag, guess what happened before i could log in again. I applaud you guys for trolling me so hard. Whoever thought up the 2 hour temp bag thing should have thier head examined, or figure out some way to code in when booted off the timer doesnt start till u log in again. Here nor there lost 53 prime items legendaries etc. im so freaking livid i cant see straight. On top of the full wipe that wasted about 400 hours of my time you guys sure know how to make your players feel rewarded for spending hundreds of hours on this game. In fact i just think im done why waist more time that you will probably end up finding a way to make useless as well.  My hat is off to u trendy keep up the pro trolling.

@Erox333 quote:

Honestly, you still do not realise this is PRE-ALPHA? You bought the game knowing fully that its an unfinished game which does mean:

- Alot of bugs
- regular hot fixes 
- trolling

There is no wrong into giving your opinion or suggestions. Complaining however is unreasonable. Don't play this game if you don't like these kind of things.

I was really enjoying my new builds too, oh well.... Still how close is this to attainable after patch? I can add 1,1k Dps with a different sword, but I lose splody =/. 

Update: Splody hurts your towers, and 1.00 hard cap on attack rate nulifys any gains that could have come from bugged gear for 99% of items. I can still easily get stronger and better stats and keep to using my builds, the hotfix has nearly no effect on gameplay, other than some trophy items.cV7Neak.png

@TrendyBrad quote:

As of right now, we have no intention of wiping stats. The few people who received items before the hotfix that weren't intended for the special stat aren't really at too high an advantage: there is a max tower speed increase for the ballista so it can't go faster than 1 second, which Mokn commented on before, and we did intend players to reach that cap with higher-end gear based on the roll. 

While we intended the passive for specific slots, we're not too concerned about those who got an item they shouldn't. You'll find higher level gear as you progress, or other stat combos that work as intended, that will be more interesting and powerful in the long run, and this will be more one of those "I was around then" type items. 

I'm confused, perhaps you can clarify. Aside from the targeting issue this would put Balista at position as the best tower in the game in anything but NM, period (as you can reasonably ignore resistances with something like this). In NM you would never use any other physical tower again it would seem because it beats others in damage easily (beating canon by more than twice the fire rate, and traps by massive range).

Is something going to be done to give other towers considerable crazy attack rates/advantages? Is there any discussion you may have somehow, not realized, and over did it with the attack rate? Or is this simply an effort to band-aid fix the harpoon attack rate/targeting issue and move on?

@Kleeborp quote:

haha sure thing bud happened to me too! ;)  and if your that angry over a game. take anger management. and if your upset about the wipe and "wasted 400 hrs" don't play until the game is live.

If waisting a couple of hundred hours doesnt bother u, you've got some serious issues. i have no clue why ud even say anything, i didnt  attack you or anyone. I was frustrated and needed to blow off some steam. I really cant say what id like to or it would get deleted. 

@TrendyBrad quote:

Wipe all the gear with it. Do not turn this into dd1 again where something is ridiculously overpowered and even after fixing it you don't bother taking that gear out of the game. At the very least remove these passives off existing gear. Your reasoning for not wiping them is the same reason they gave in the first game and look how that mess turned out.

@Finaldeath quote:

@TrendyBrad quote:

Your reasoning for not wiping them is the same reason they gave in the first game and look how that mess turned out.

Pretty much that. Rip the bandaid off now instead of waiting 6 months and seeing that small wound turned in to something deep and cancerous.

Looks like the hard cap of 1.00 attack rate stops any issues for the most part, a better RNG'ed item with the right rolls should come up to the same stats, It's super unlikley anyone was able to get a "perfect" legendary drop with the new passive on an unintended item. Sure I have a few of the passives on items that I shouldn't around 750 ipwr, but a good RNG roll from incursion 840 ipwr should come up to the same stats easily, maybe even be more powerful. 

For example I have a totem with 10%~ hearty harpoon and a 5% helmet, as well as a 7.8% sword,(not exactly but guestimating a bit since I don't want to go check), I am able to get 4.4k dps at 1.00 attack rate on harpoon, but a good 17% roll with tower hp on 840 ipwr sword with other complimenting stats would outweigh all 3 peices alone, and now I'm free to get a good hp/power combo in the other two spots to outstat the "bugged" gear. 

Plus I'm certain lv50 wont always be the cap so why bother wiping and delaying everything else. 

Agreed - leaving overpowered items in the game is worse for the game than the inconvenience suffered by the players.  Anyone playing a pre-alpha should know that things like that are going to happen.

To the guy that "wasted" 400 hours - do you not enjoy this game?  If you do, those 400 hours weren't wasted.  If you don't, stop playing the game.  Why play a game you don't enjoy?