Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Upcoming Patch Notes: Hotfix 5.12

PLEASE READ:  These notes can and most likely will change before the update comes out -- both things being added and things being cut. As we verify our new changes, it's likely that we'll find issues that will require changes to be cut from the patch until we can fix the issues. Nothing in this list is final until the actual patch comes out and you hold it in your pristine fingers.

Tentative Hotfix 5.12 Notes (Subject to Change; Read Above!)

Features

• Added the next step in customizable builds to DD2 with new Passives and Skill Spheres! It's our hope to add Passives and Skill Spheres that change tower functionality to improve hero customization, player choice and hopefully Tower Defense satisfaction. Please play and let us know what you think of these. We’ll be adding more builds for all heroes in upcoming patches!

• Added new Passives:

• Hearty Harpoons:  Harpoon attack rate increased by [X-Y]% of your Defense Health.

• 'Splody Harpoons:  Harpoons detonates on each enemy hit dealing [X-Y]% of Defense Health as Damage around it.

• Healthy Blockades:  X% of your Hero Health also applies as Defense Health to blockades.

• Added new Skill Spheres. This ties into the above notes!

• Harpoons Oil Targets:  Harpoons deal less damage but guarantee oil enemies. (At the moment, the oil from the Harpoon does not activate the Ignite combo when hit with fire. We’re fixing this in a future update!)

• Harpoon Pierce Increase:  Harpoon can pierce +X extra targets

• Harpoon Range:  Increase Harpoon range increased

• Special Enemies and Minibosses now have a chance to drop a new legendary weapon.

• Weapons now have an equal chance to roll for all stats.

Content

• Removed fresnel effect from War Table button material (was resulting in ugly aliasing).

• Added new sword idle animation.

• Made minor updates to the Premium Currency purchasing screen.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where, if the pet you have equipped gets the last hit and kills the Miniboss or Special Enemy, the Miniboss/Special Enemy will not drop loot.

• Double-clicking the Pet Reroll item in your Inventory no longer destroys it.

• Potentially resolved an issue where evolved Grumpy pet wouldn't retroactively get its ability.

• Daily Mission Prerequisite Update:  Moving several daily missions to unlock upon completing later quests

• Incursion

• Specific Incursions

• Onslaught

• Fixed a bug where players can matchmake into group taverns instead of gameplay maps under certain conditions.

• There was an issue where changing the “Session Type” in a Group Tavern was not actually changing the session (from Public to Private, or visa versa). We have temporarily disabled the ability to change session types in group taverns, and will be fixing the problem and re-introducing the feature in a subsequent patch.

• Map Dots do not display the "New Map" arrow icon if the map is locked.

• Fixed some potential audio memory leak issues.

• Fixed other memory leaks.

I love you guys for fixing that pet kill bug it was so annoying to unequip it on boss waves.

Two more boss loot bugs for you guys to fix though

A tower built by someone who left the game will prevent bosses from dropping loot if they get the killing hit and the one where if the builder dies and the tower gets the killing hit when they are dead it can stop loot from dropping.

[[4370,users]] (or any other Trendy employee)

Is there any news on the monk item passive bug with Empower not applying at all? I would love to see it get fixed!

Want a sphere that lets my character ignore enemy knockback.

Tired of the Ogre on wave 3 of incursion nm 4 of forgotten ruins completely losing aggro if you're not in melee range.  In combination with him completely ignoring taunts, it's almost impossible to keep him aggroed (in one spot) if you're not up against a wall so he can't push you back with attacks.

i love new harpoon passives, but my question is, is harpoons windup time same as before? i mean, when it needed like 5 seconds to fire and if enemy died from another source, it would reset windup timer.

@Kaedia quote:

iamisom (or any other Trendy employee)

Is there any news on the monk item passive bug with Empower not applying at all? I would love to see it get fixed!

It's on our bug list! I'll talk to QA and production to see if we can get this prioritized for the next hotfix.

@-venOm- quote:

i love new harpoon passives, but my question is, is harpoons windup time same as before? i mean, when it needed like 5 seconds to fire and if enemy died from another source, it would reset windup timer.

Two things to note here:  The first is that I've been pinging the design team on the tower retargeting issue where a defense restarts its cooldown when the targeted enemy dies before it fires. No updates on that yet, but we have it as one of our high-priority issues to address.

The second is that the Harpoon's base speed hasn't changed, but if you use the Hearty Harpoons Passive, you'll increase the Ballista's attack speed.

okay I like the patch so far. Is the harpoon the only tower getting new skill sphere and passives ? any chance on set bonus's yet?

Harpoon oiling targets is great, except that fire damage is magic and harpoon is a physical damage tower. With NM resists this isn't a combo we are going to see or use very much. Unless Trendy has plans for non-magical elemental damage it seems to me to be wasted effort with the current game.

@Hecate quote:

Harpoon oiling targets is great, except that fire damage is magic and harpoon is a physical damage tower. With NM resists this isn't a combo we are going to see or use very much. Unless Trendy has plans for non-magical elemental damage it seems to me to be wasted effort with the current game.

I believe that there will be Wall squire use Harpoon for oil effect only with the increase speed from passive.

However, you also mentioned good point that what about physical damages squire... They are best with Def power + Crit damage, not Def power + Def health.

Still no fix for:  Temporary Itembox Bug

This bug is linked with already fixed one

@iamisom quote:
  • Resolved an item duplication issue.

Im sure, that u can save us even without Client update, cuz it's absolutely serverside inventory database issue.

Harpoon updates look very interesting and many of them are perfect for my DP/DH waller squire.

@Hecate quote:

If the ignite combo does enough damage, then it might still be worth it on physical-resist lanes.

@iamisom quote:
  • Weapons now have an equal chance to roll for all stats.

So having a hard time finding DP weapons for my builders is not just me?

@Prince Mononoke quote:

Want a sphere that lets my character ignore enemy knockback.

Tired of the Ogre on wave 3 of incursion nm 4 of forgotten ruins completely losing aggro if you're not in melee range.  In combination with him completely ignoring taunts, it's almost impossible to keep him aggroed (in one spot) if you're not up against a wall so he can't push you back with attacks.

Not so bad idea. + to it.

+1 to the knockback immunity/resistance sphere

I use the pet ability curse aura often - halves damage taken.  But for the first 4 seconds you have like +800 movement speed and knockback scales with YOUR movement speed... so even a stupid orc can hit me during that time and I go FLYING ludicrously far