How long before Trendy will fix uber spheres?

The Lightning Uber Sphere is pretty strong 

Was thinking of buying it but if the other Uber have a chance of becoming stronger

Then ill wait a while before buying the lightning uber..

There also is a chance Trendy could nerf the Lightning Uber 

So I was thinking if I should be buying it or not...

i dont think they need fixing. they need some buffing. and i'd like them to be little bit cheaper maybe? cause i'd love to test them all but i cant just waste 60 token on something that is most likely bad atm.

based on precedent that Trendy has set, the LSA will be overtuned until the next "major" patch. They work in 6 week milestones so it would be expected in either ~4 weeks or ~10 weeks.

@-venOm- quote:

i dont think they need fixing. they need some buffing. and i'd like them to be little bit cheaper maybe? cause i'd love to test them all but i cant just waste 60 token on something that is most likely bad atm.

I know for a fact that the elemental chaos and heavy cannonball tower are not working as intended. I don't know anyone that has the balls to buy the flamethrower after what it was like in the previous patch to know if it's broken or not.

@Syclic quote:

based on precedent that Trendy has set, the LSA will be overtuned until the next "major" patch. They work in 6 week milestones so it would be expected in either ~4 weeks or ~10 weeks.

@-venOm- quote:

I know for a fact that the elemental chaos and heavy cannonball tower are not working as intended. I don't know anyone that has the balls to buy the flamethrower after what it was like in the previous patch to know if it's broken or not.

can confirm flamethrower has numerous bugs, inb4 people telling me otherwise, untill i see it work in nightmare with proof, flamethrower= weak/bugged compared to LSA

Yeah, I'm at the point I'm able to buy my second uber, but they are all just so bad. I really want to use elemental chaos, but the recharge time, coupled with how stupid little damage it does in comparison to my other traps makes me not even consider it, on top of it not proccing the combos like it should just makes it weak.

Maybe I'll just sit on my tokens and wait and see what happens.

I bought the squire uber as i had nothing else to buy, i don't get it?

The bowling ball doesn't pushback, the dps is half of the normal cannon tower, doesn't hit air, it doesn't even do aoe damage, the ball graphic is horrible.

Give us the original bowling ball tower.

Stats

normal cannonball tower

3200 dps, 9600 level 5

2900 range, 3400 level 5

bowling ball tower

1450 dps, 2900 level 5

6300 range, 7200 level 5 which doesn't seem to fire until they get closer anyway or there's a 3 second attack delay on firing and not on rearming.

Put the two side by side on 3 long lanes. The normal cannon won by 200%, 200% and 160%.

The level 5 cannon vs lvl 5 bowling ball, level 5 cannon does 300% more damage.

The normal cannon tower smashed it.

The bowling ball tower is pointless.

The ballista tower has some sorta retargeting bug, sometimes it won't shoot for 15 seconds.

@Syclic quote:

I'm pretty sure that now they have changed system behind the scenes to allow for better and faster changes (as we can see by the amount of hotfix patches we've been getting) and it will come much sooner than that.

@Resident decoy quote:

As per the last dev stream, the cannonball uber in certain situations does more damage than non uber

You're correct mate when facing a normal cannon up against a tree or facing it away from the enemies the uber one did indeed win both times.

@mokn quote:

@Resident decoy quote:

As per the last dev stream, the cannonball uber in certain situations does more damage than non uber

You're correct mate when facing a normal cannon up against a tree or facing it away from the enemies the uber one did indeed win both times.

I'm pretty sure they mean in an identical placement situation. :X

They said they'll be nerfing LSA in the latest dev stream. If they do that and don't fix the others then gg, it's all over for ubers.

@Kelebek quote:

They said they'll be nerfing LSA in the latest dev stream. If they do that and don't fix the others then gg, it's all over for ubers.

lol, this will for sure leave a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.  Hopefully it'll still be good and not be relegated to current flamethrower/cannon/eletrap status

IMO:

The first uber i got was cannonball thinking it would be awesome... it is pathetic and a COMPLETE WASTE OF TOKENS. I never use it. 

The second uber i got was stickynade thinking it would be awesome... it is OK. I only use it in nightmare to kill ogres/special enemies as it is quite powerfull but it is not what is advertised, it deals PHYSICAL damage and yet it says it is supposed to deal 600% ability... this means it will be magic damage not physical? also i have doubts it does 100% ability. its broken in other words. sometimes the stickynades dont even explode when enemies walk over them.

The third uber i am working towards is the electric aura uber, while i do not have it, i have friends who do and ive seen it, i believe it has been majorly nerfed compared to before loot and survive, while it is the strongest tower in the game that deals MAGICAL damage, it is still quite weak for end game nightmare 1 and above.

Other ubers:

I have the shield uber for 5% chance when defences damaged get a 3s shield which honestly is quite good, i do recommend this uber before all 3 mentioned above.

Theres another uber similar to the shield with a 5% chance when defences are damaged instead of a 3s shield there is a fire explosion that deals magical damage, useless and ive never seen it work.

As stated the first word i put is "In my opinion"..... these are my thoughts feel free to comment yours :) 

Hi Defenders!

We're aware that the LSA is the go-to setup for End Game Nightmare and are looking into ways of addressing this. We addressed some of the balance issues for Ubers in the Loot & Survive updates. I'm sure you all know, balance is a continuous process. We will be working on balance changes for Ubers and everything else in the game during Early Access and a beyond. 

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Hi Defenders!

We're aware that the LSA is the go-to setup for End Game Nightmare and are looking into ways of addressing this. We addressed some of the balance issues for Ubers in the Loot & Survive updates. I'm sure you all know, balance is a continuous process. We will be working on balance changes for Ubers and everything else in the game during Early Access and a beyond. 

I'd like to add to that that huntress explosive traps pretty much render destructible single target squire cannons useless, maybe that could be looked at as well! :)

Thank you.

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

We're aware that the LSA is the go-to setup for End Game Nightmare and are looking into ways of addressing this. [...]

In my opinion LSA is in a rather good place atm. It might be a bit to good ( like 5-10% ) but the problem why it is the only Uber that is used, are the completely buggy alternatives.

- I would love to use Elemental Chaos => ( trigger range/ explo radius, trigger speed, bad bonus proc chance) ... blaze Ballon is much better
- I would love to use Flame-Uber => very bad range, not affected by range passives, low dps
- I would love to use Cannon-Uber => standard traps are much better.
... i'll stop here, there are enough threads about all the buggy stuff.

Just fix the alternatives and we will use them.

@NCO quote:

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

We're aware that the LSA is the go-to setup for End Game Nightmare and are looking into ways of addressing this. [...]

In my opinion LSA is in a rather good place atm. It might be a bit to good ( like 5-10% ) but the problem why it is the only Uber that is used, are the completely buggy alternatives.

- I would love to use Elemental Chaos => ( trigger range/ explo radius, trigger speed, bad bonus proc chance) ... blaze Ballon is much better
- I would love to use Flame-Uber => very bad range, not affected by passives

Definitely this.

Elemental chaos traps are basically just explosive traps with double re-arm time, double damage, and magic instead of physical. I purchased it and tried using it in endgame normal, and they performed quite well, actually.

To get the most out of heavy cannonballs, you must place them WAY behind the front lines so the cannons explode at max range. Doing so gives them about 150% DPS of a cannon. Despite this, I would much rather prefer seeing the DD1 bowling ball tower back.

@gigazelle quote:

Elemental chaos traps are basically just explosive traps with double re-arm time, double damage, and magic instead of physical. I purchased it and tried using it in endgame normal, and they performed quite well, actually.

To get the most out of heavy cannonballs, you must place them WAY behind the front lines so the cannons explode at max range. Doing so gives them about 150% DPS of a cannon. Despite this, I would much rather prefer seeing the DD1 bowling ball tower back.

But are the bugs still there? Nothing in patch notes about the traps being fixed. The things I saw mentioned: Trigger radius larger than damage radius, thus leading to triggering and not doing damage. Also not all elements actually work, it was just one element or something, preventing combos.

You don't always have that option for cannonballs though in DD2. Right now Liferoot is the go-to farm map, and does have one long lane at mid where it's usable, but nearly all the maps in DD2 don't have that luxury. They're mostly very windy. At least, the most efficient parts to build at, are. If you have to give up choke points just to utilise a tower which is average at best, you're just left off worse overall.

When looking at tower balance you can't just say "it does more than the non-uber in this specific instance, job done." You have to look at the overall viability of a tower and how it fits into the game, including the levels. Very long straight lines for using the tower, yes exist in a lot of maps, but that's not largely where people build their defences, so the direct damage comparison is largely negated, because you simply can't reach that 30% where you're saying it's stronger. I think it may lead Trendy to over-valuing towers, by not looking at how the game is really played by people, and looking at towers in too much of a vacuum, not in the reality people play the game.

If Trendy want to make a meta change (well, just allow it to be usable), or at least a heavy cannonball-centric build viable, then it has to be a damn strong tower to overcome the difficulties of using it on most maps. Their range is insanely long, you can't get the most out of it almost anywhere (its 30%), that has to factor into balance. They're also apparently buggy, not working with terrain correctly.

@NCO quote:

yeah sure, everything is fine that's why everyone uses LSA

Things are, in fact, quite the opposite of fine. From my perspective, none of the ubers are working as intended.

@Kelebek quote:

But are the bugs still there? Nothing in patch notes about the traps being fixed. The things I saw mentioned: Trigger radius larger than damage radius, thus leading to triggering and not doing damage. Also not all elements actually work, it was just one element or something, preventing combos.

You don't always have that option for cannonballs though in DD2. Right now Liferoot is the go-to farm map, and does have one long lane at mid where it's usable, but nearly all the maps in DD2 don't have that luxury. They're mostly very windy. At least, the most efficient parts to build at, are. If you have to give up choke points just to utilise a tower which is average at best, you're just left off worse overall. They're also apparently buggy, not working with terrain correctly.

If you equip both of the Huntress defense range skill spheres, the elemental chaos trigger radius is 363 while the damage radius is 315. If you don't equip the range spheres, the trigger radius is only 300 with a damage radius of 315. You're absolutely correct there's an issue, but it's mitigated by unequipping the range spheres.

Regarding heavy cannons, you're also exactly correct - the niche in which they excel can only be used in very select places, most maps not even having a place for them. This, compounded with their buggy projectile nature and lack of AA support, makes them a very lackluster tower indeed.

Just please don't nerf the LSA Uber, it is the ONLY uber that actually feels like a special sphere! Buff all the other Uber spheres to actually feel like an Uber. 

Its the final sphere of the game, it is suppose to be somewhat overpowered and help take your builds to the end game levels. Every character should have a tower that they can use in a build to really make the difference. With the right buffs, the flamethrower could become the best mob killing tower.

You buy an Uber sphere to focus your build around that tower or ability.

Balancing >>> Nerfing

Just making another post to say, we need more default ubers. Needing 60 wyvern tokens takes quite long, but that's fair enough. However, right now the 2 default ubers only work for Squire and Apprentice. Monk and Huntress really have nothing remotely useful which triggers off of "taking damage." If you're using AA or Poison Darts in a way that you want it to take damage, then you're likely the game wrong, for Monk more than Huntress, but both regardless. Please add some default ubers which Monk and Huntress can make use of much better than the 2 we currently have. 60 wyvern tokens to get 1 is quite a long time.

@NCO quote:

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

- I would love to use Flame-Uber => very bad range, not affected by range passives, low dps

This do not nerf the only good tower UBER in the game fix the others then see if LSA is still over performing.