Sign in to follow this  
MushroomCake28

About DD2 on Windows 10

Little question. I reserved my windows 10 copy on my computer and now I can download it. But i remember seeing threads on the forum about people having problems with DD2 on Windows 10. (Don't remember what kind of problems)

Is the game working fine on Windows 10 now?

Runs perfectly on windows 10 for me as well. Updated to windows 10 the first day and haven't had any issues.

Edit: Also make sure that once you update to uninstall your old windows 7/8 drivers and then install the new windows 10 drivers. 99% of the time when i see people saying they have issues with some games in windows 10 but didn't have before it is because they didn't update their drivers or if they did they didn't do a clean install of them and instead just installed them on top of their old ones.

@Finaldeath quote:

Runs perfectly on windows 10 for me as well. Updated to windows 10 the first day and haven't had any issues.

Edit: Also make sure that once you update to uninstall your old windows 7/8 drivers and then install the new windows 10 drivers. 99% of the time when i see people saying they have issues with some games in windows 10 but didn't have before it is because they didn't update their drivers or if they did they didn't do a clean install of them and instead just installed them on top of their old ones.

Runs great for me as well.

Quoted this for the edit: Windows 10 installs its own drivers. At least it did for me. So perhaps I got lucky.

@Fajen quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

Quoted this for the edit: Windows 10 installs its own drivers. At least it did for me. So perhaps I got lucky.

It only installs basic display drivers not the drivers for your video card (at least this was the case for me), but this can still be an issue if you still have your old windows 7/8 drivers installed.

the windows 10 issues were that people werent downloading the new nvidia win 10 drivers, and steam api's for win 10 needed to be updated. Forum chatter about issues have all subsided, you should be good to go

@Finaldeath quote:

@Fajen quote:

@Finaldeath quote:

It only installs basic display drivers not the drivers for your video card (at least this was the case for me), but this can still be an issue if you still have your old windows 7/8 drivers installed.

What I meant, and I wasn't clear on this, my bad. Was that it didn't keep my old drivers.

For what it's worth, it runs on my 7" Winbook tablet with the in-home streaming in Steam from my gaming desktop running Windows 10. I just got my Winbook upgraded to 10 last night and haven't had a chance to try streaming with it, but I'm sure it will work just as well Win 10 to Win 10 as Win 10 to Win 8.1.

...it obviously runs fine on my gaming desktop directly, too.

I have had just one issue with DD2 on W10, that I didn't on W8.1. 

If I play long sessions of DD2 (6+ hours), FPS starts to drop like a rock. Were talking going from 60 FPS in the middle of 40 fireball turrets, to 10 FPS staring at the floor in a private tavern. It may be related to how often I Shift-tab out, but once FPS starts to drop like this (it happens all of a sudden) the game insta-crashes with a "DD2 has stopped responding" error if I try to open task manager (Making it hard to see if DD2 is using crazy high resources). It'll keep happening if i re-open the game, but works if I reset the PC. I'm assuming its related to the game though, because I hadn't been using any other programs except Chrome.

High end hardware too. i7 4930k, 2x GTX 770, 32 GB ram.  I've not tested with SLI off, and it's not related to GPU temp.

Shrug.

@BlaydeX15 quote:

If I play long sessions of DD2 (6+ hours), FPS starts to drop like a rock. Were talking going from 60 FPS in the middle of 40 fireball turrets, to 10 FPS staring at the floor in a private tavern. It may be related to how often I Shift-tab out, but once FPS starts to drop like this (it happens all of a sudden) the game insta-crashes with a "DD2 has stopped responding" error if I try to open task manager (Making it hard to see if DD2 is using crazy high resources). It'll keep happening if i re-open the game, but works if I reset the PC. I'm assuming its related to the game though, because I hadn't been using any other programs except Chrome.

High end hardware too. i7 4930k, 2x GTX 770, 32 GB ram.  I've not tested with SLI off, and it's not related to GPU temp.

Shrug.

I'm assuming you already updated your drivers to their W10 versions?

@gigazelle quote:

@BlaydeX15 quote:

Shrug.

Yep, running 353.62, clean install.

@BlaydeX15 quote:

@gigazelle quote:

@BlaydeX15 quote:

Shrug.

Yep, running 353.62, clean install.

Apparently there are issues with sli in windows 10 atm, try disabling/removing one of your cards and see if you still have issues.